Page 498 of 626 FirstFirst ... 398448488494495496497498499500501502508548598 ... LastLast
Results 7,456 to 7,470 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    we feastin'

Adi never disappoints. If Jean gets a new costume I wonder if Marvel will feature it this much.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Adi never disappoints. If Jean gets a new costume I wonder if Marvel will feature it this much.
    I love that dark feeling in that cover, and Jean is the color of the team, or the hope of the team.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Fantastic Member

From the Hickman QA :

On why Jean's wearing her 60s costume : "I was pretty sure everyone would figure this out as soon as House of X #1 hit the stands. And while I’m not going to spoil the story for you, I will say go back and look at the most famous time she put this costume back on. That should help."
    -> Is he referring to Phoenix Ressurection? I assume he is.

On the question new costume : Dauterman is actually doing some Jean stuff now and she’s wearing a version of one of her newer suits (but colored green and gold, as all Jean costumes should be).

On the question if Goldballs is Omega Level, which also expands on who are the Omega Level Mutans in MU : The list of Omega Level mutants is complete and set in stone. Anyone who isn’t on the list isn’t one, and there won’t be any new Omega Level characters created for quite some time. There are way too many overcooked characters as is right now.

And about the question on resurrection, and this statement got me curious => And we’ve already shown a couple of interesting tweaks like Monet being able to assume a Penance form and Warren being able to be both regular angel and Archangel. So there seems to be some ability to tweak the finished version of a resurrected mutant.
    Last edited by mike7171; 10-14-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    From the Hickman QA :

On why Jean's wearing her 60s costume : "I was pretty sure everyone would figure this out as soon as House of X #1 hit the stands. And while I’m not going to spoil the story for you, I will say go back and look at the most famous time she put this costume back on. That should help."
    -> Is he referring to Phoenix Ressurection? I assume he is.

On the question new costume : Dauterman is actually doing some Jean stuff now and she’s wearing a version of one of her newer suits (but colored green and gold, as all Jean costumes should be).
    Phoenix Resurrection is not that famous. Its clearly a nod to the Dark Phoenix Saga

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

So, if i understand correctly she will wear a modified version of a recent costume but in green and gold.

Also i hope dauterman is doing an ongoing and not just covers
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-14-2019 at 12:42 PM.

Ok so Jean wore her Marvel Girl outfit in the DPS as a throwback to simpler times. I'm not sure what we were supposed to figure out.

But bless Dauterman. Can we assume it's a green and gold version of her Red outfit? Curious to see what that would look like!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Green and gold Red costume? I could dig that.

But also...

"I was pretty sure everyone would figure this out as soon as House of X #1 hit the stands. And while I’m not going to spoil the story for you, I will say go back and look at the most famous time she put this costume back on. That should help."
    So, she's Phoenix right now but is hiding it, right?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I like her X-men Red costume but i don't think it would look good in green and gold. I hope he means something like Jeen's all new x-men costume

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Green and gold Red costume? I could dig that.

But also...

So, she's Phoenix right now but is hiding it, right?
    I dont think she's Phoenix bc if she were, that makes her pathetic showing in HoX #4 even worse

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

I wonder if Jean becomes Phoenix again during the Hickman run that she would be in full control and try use her reputation to gain leverage in Krakoan politics. Maybe she could try and revive Xavier's old dream saying that the Purifiers, Sentinels, etc that normally try to stomp peaceful mutants would no longer be any concern considering that she could just use the Phoenix to deal with them directly if they caused trouble.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Very much agree with Hickman that Jean looks best in green and gold.

I understood the reference to the Dark Phoenix saga, and her wearing the Marvel Girl look then, but don't get the spoiler part. Perhaps Jean's character will evolve beyond this codename and look, and take on a new mantel? Curious as to what's planned for her.

Can someone mock up that green/gold X-Men Red uniform? Hopefully she gets rid of the bulky shoulder pads.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

A Green/Gold version of the way that Jen Bartel drew the Red look would be godly. Make the blue pieces green and the red pieces gold.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

bevilacq12

Jean returned to the Marvel Girl costume in the Dark Phoenix Saga after Xavier temporarily bested her and placed mental blocks in her mind to prevent the Phoenix from returning. The Phoenix DID of course eventually break through the blocks during the Shi'ar trial, but they provided a temporary reprieve.

So given Jean's current return to the costume and Hickman's "hint" that he expected people to figure this out, it seems likely to me that Xavier has once again meddled in Jean's mind. She definitely seemed underpowered in their Mother Mold mission; her true power could lead to her figuring out Xavier/Magneto/Moira's secrets; and we know Xavier has control over the mind backup process and resurrection process - so that's evidence, motive, and means, in addition to the meta-symbolism.
    Last edited by bevilacq12; 10-14-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bevilacq12 View Post
    Jean returned to the Marvel Girl costume in the Dark Phoenix Saga after Xavier temporarily bested her and placed mental blocks in her mind to prevent the Phoenix from returning. The Phoenix DID of course eventually break through the blocks during the Shi'ar trial, but they provided a temporary reprieve.

So given Jean's current return to the costume and Hickman's "hint" that he expected people to figure this out, it seems likely to me that Xavier has once again meddled in Jean's mind. She definitely seemed underpowered in their Mother Mold mission; her true power could lead to her figuring out Xavier/Magneto/Moira's secrets; and we know Xavier has control over the mind backup process and resurrection process - so that's evidence, motive, and means, in addition to the meta-symbolism.
    That would make sense and its a theory Ive been throwing around for months as I believe Xavier has done something to limit her power and agency