Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Writers recently have been inconsistent. X-Men Red saw the relationship as mother/daughter. Guggenheim in Gold, after X-Men Red had Jean and Rachel have a mother/daughter relationship briefly (Jean specifically tells Cassandra let my daughter go) has Jean tell Rachel I´m not your mother.

But Rachel is a member of the upcoming Grey/Summers family book, and with a teen Cable there I think clearly they are just going to portray Rachel and Scott and Jeans daughter with it not mattering how Rachel came to be.

Jean and Scott have two kids, Cable and Rachel (featured in the books).

Jean even acknowledged Nate Grey as her SON in X-Men Disassembled and if she acknowledges him, then yes she acknowledges Rachel. She goes out of her way to try to help him as a mother when it should have been a bit more ruthless.
    The scene in Gold happened months before Jean confronted Nova about Rachel in Red. Jean came across insensitive there, but that sentiment is more in line with what their relationship actually is. Both were snarky, like sisters would be. After her ordeal in X-Force, Rachel has alot of reason to be pissed so I wouldnt assume that they are going to have a good mother/daughter relationship going forward. I think Rachel might finally stop idolizing Jean and truly accept that she isnt her mother

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    They did that with Adult Teen Jean. Her costume was still Phoenix inspired. She was even called Phoenix still, when she fought the Silver Surfers and Galacticus. Of course that time line is no more.
    her costume was rather generic (all the O4 had the same one) and had no Phoenix inspiration. She exhibited a raptor but thats all. It was more inspired by the costumes that Lorna's team wore than anything Phoenix related
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-06-2019 at 11:03 AM.