Page 603 of 626 FirstFirst ... 103503553593599600601602603604605606607613 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,045 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I still have a problem with it even with that in mind. The DPS is effectively the story about a strong woman in power who is mentally and emotionally abused (by both a man and a woman) and it drives her insane, causing her to commit actual genocide. The entire middle part of the story focuses on the men in her life more than her - Charles and Scott - and even when it comes to the end instead of allowing Jean to pull herself together, they were forced to kill her off.

I dunno. Maybe it's good in a vacuum, but...
    I know what you mean and I agree. I could not believe they elevated Jean just to knock her down 3 levels by killing her off!

They did not include Jean as Phoenix in the cover corner box nor on the inside header that described the X-Men of the day.

They made Jean the "hysterical evil female" who could not handle her powers, while everyone else can. Wfor examplee, why can Magneto, Proof X, Thor, etc all be more powerful (at that time) but be in control of their powers? Never made sense to me at all and still does not!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I know what you mean and I agree. I could not believe they elevated Jean just to knock her down 3 levels by killing her off!

They did not include Jean as Phoenix in the cover corner box nor on the inside header that described the X-Men of the day.

They made Jean the "hysterical evil female" who could not handle her powers, while everyone else can. Wfor examplee, why can Magneto, Proof X, Thor, etc all be more powerful (at that time) but be in control of their powers? Never made sense to me at all and still does not!
    Ya'll listing reasons why I prefer Grant Morrison's New X-men's phoenix story over the classic Claremont's story. I do love both though, but Grant's edges out.

Anyway... X-force preview looks great. It was so hard getting through Uncanny X-men, Age of X-man and even parts of HOX/POX but look where Jean ended up.. in X-force and a member of the "mutant CIA". It is pretty cool and that the writer seems to understand the character and she's strong, competent, but still has her warmth and compassion. Now watch Jean will be the first person to walk out and quit X-force lol

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Ya'll listing reasons why I prefer Grant Morrison's New X-men's phoenix story over the classic Claremont's story. I do love both though, but Grant's edges out.

Anyway... X-force preview looks great. It was so hard getting through Uncanny X-men, Age of X-man and even parts of HOX/POX but look where Jean ended up.. in X-force and a member of the "mutant CIA". It is pretty cool and that the writer seems to understand the character and she's strong, competent, but still has her warmth and compassion. Now watch Jean will be the first person to walk out and quit X-force lol
    Morrison Jean grey story also ends being about men, more specifically Scott than about phoenix or Jean herself.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Morrison Jean grey story also ends being about men, more specifically Scott than about phoenix or Jean herself.
    That is a take but one I would argue with. Jean became something more and something greater. She was beyond Scott. Scott stayed on earth as a human with Emma. Jean ascended to higher places. I know some will always be offended that "Jean's man" had the affair and stayed with his psychic mistress and they even kissed on Jean's grave but hey Jean had a whole sub plot and got to become something bigger than she was in the first of the series. She moved beyond Scott and at the end she still had her humanity (the whole bit about watering it with your heart's blood or whatever).

I know I will never convince you, but those issues will always be my "go to" books to read that will always make me happy and remind me what I love about Jean and the X-men in general.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 12-12-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Jean just got announced for Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Last edited by Havok83; 12-12-2019 at 06:44 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Jean's officially in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, with Jennifer Hale back voicing her! The entire X-Men DLC is Phoenix based.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean just got announced for Marvel Ultimate Alliance

God, its all I was waiting

PHOENIX FANS REJOICE! Jean Grey/Phoenix looks amazing.

I like Jean without the Phoenix Force. I liked Jean in Red and I like Jean in X-Force. But it seems like spin-off media is what really understands what's iconic about the character and delivers.

BANNED

Fricking finally.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Like I said: the Phoenix is iconic, especially as Jean Grey and vice versa.

The costume looks WONDERFUL too. Eleven days!!!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    PHOENIX FANS REJOICE! Jean Grey/Phoenix looks amazing.

I like Jean without the Phoenix Force. I liked Jean in Red and I like Jean in X-Force. But it seems like spin-off media is what really understands what's iconic about the character and delivers.
    I love Jean with and without Phoenix but I've always loved her in the Phoenix costume and I admit I love seeing her with the Phoenix flare. It was so upsetting what all they did with the Phoenix to separate it from Jean especially after all Morrison did putting them back together (as they IMO belong). But again I also love Jean sans the Phoenix as this bad ass powerful psionic.

Jean's best moments have been in New X-men when she's just channeling some of the Phoenix or in Claremont's revolution where her psychic powers manifested as a raptor.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    God, its all I was waiting
    my uncle works at nintendo, i made this happen for you <3
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

My console gaming phase started with Nintendo. It was the only brand of consoles our family ever owned. Bravo on this and Jeannie Jean.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    That is a take but one I would argue with. Jean became something more and something greater. She was beyond Scott. Scott stayed on earth as a human with Emma. Jean ascended to higher places. I know some will always be offended that "Jean's man" had the affair and stayed with his psychic mistress and they even kissed on Jean's grave but hey Jean had a whole sub plot and got to become something bigger than she was in the first of the series. She moved beyond Scott and at the end she still had her humanity (the whole bit about watering it with your heart's blood or whatever).

I know I will never convince you, but those issues will always be my "go to" books to read that will always make me happy and remind me what I love about Jean and the X-men in general.
    Depends of what you think is "something greater" or "ascend to greater places". I thought it was extremely lame take Jean out of stories for personal preferences of writer and then later editors.

I still waiting for a writing that focus on Jean and her journey.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-12-2019 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Depends of what you think is "something greater" or "ascend to greater places". I thought it was extremely lame take Jean out of stories for personal preferences of writer and then later editors.

I still waiting for a writing that focus on jean and her journey.
    I don't want to get trapped in a loop like groundhog's day so we'll just have to agree to disagree. Though Jean did go on a journey in New X-men, it was just that some folks didn't like where it led. I wish we could have just continued on that journey. I wanted stories with her on a higher plane of existence. I wanted a destiny fulfilled type story where Jean chose to go back to her humanity and not one where she was a victim to a manipulating cosmic std. Oh well. What could have been.

At least Jean has had a lot of focus in recent years (counting Teen Jean, the solo, X-men Red, and now Jean gets to be on a ruling council of a mutant nation and be a founding member of this new type of X-force). She is sort of on a journey now.