Page 425 of 626 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425426427428429435475525 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,375 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    (as well as the obvious "kill people for shock value because it doesn't matter" session of Hickman's story).
    I have liked Hickman's X-men for the most part but i feel like all those deaths had so little impact. People complained about Rosenberg but these deaths were more rushed and will probably last even less. specially because they were after everybody recently came back
    I feel like they were a waste of time to be honest.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-09-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I have liked Hickman's X-men for the most part but i feel like all those deaths had so little impact. People complained about Rosenberg but these deaths were more rushed and will probably last even less.
    I feel like they were a waste of time to be honest.
    Rosenberg is still worse for me bc his deaths were egregious and happened in every issue. Most added nothing and I felt possibly the only meaningful one was Rahne bc it led to something but the rest were killed and quickly forgotten about and not dealt with in his books. Obviously the characters (for the most part) will be in DoX so these deaths were intentional and part of the bigger plan. There is purpose here and not merely for shock value

I know Rosenberg deaths were terrible (i wasn't defending him) but i just feel like Hickman killing everybody (at the moment) doesn't feel much better, but that is just my opinion.

I know this will lead to something crazy but still feel it was a waste of time

I dont get the narration in Jean's inner monologue especially considering she knew Dazzler wasnt dead but in fact was the one that arranged to fake her death

Its also cringe, considering she would go on to be a fierce leader in Red and actually stepped into the role with confidence

I did like Scott acknowledging and giving Jean credit for their win as she led, strategized and executed the plan to save Xavier, the civilians and stop Magneto
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-09-2019 at 11:39 AM.

I hope Yu doesn't dissapoint with Jean on X-men. He can be great but he also can be so rushed sometimes.

prs.jpg
    61763283_698591520563645_9127824221359115275_n.jpg
    _________ougl.jpg

X-men 104 delivered one of my favorite Yu Jean panel

Love the display of her power here

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Oh look Jean in the 2000s is using the pink form :P

I don't really like Yu's modern art. It's way too rushed. Based on those Storm panels...
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Beautiful!

Awww, that's gorgous.

BANNED

Shameless...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I know Rosenberg deaths were terrible (i wasn't defending him) but i just feel like Hickman killing everybody (at the moment) doesn't feel much better, but that is just my opinion.

I know this will lead to something crazy but still feel it was a waste of time
    I'm not sure how killing off characters for a narrative or thematic purpose isn't already inherently better than Rosenburg's wanton resurrection/slaughter of a multitude of characters "just because".

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm not sure how killing off characters for a narrative or thematic purpose isn't already inherently better than Rosenburg's wanton resurrection/slaughter of a multitude of characters "just because".
    One could argue that “just because” makes it more organic feeling,
    Less
    Presdictable, and in some regards better.

Personally I haven’t enjoyed either run so I don’t care to debate the point but I can see see the case being made.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    One could argue that “just because” makes it more organic feeling,
    Less
    Presdictable, and in some regards better.

Personally I haven’t enjoyed either run so I don’t care to debate the point but I can see see the case being made.
    Except Rosenberg's deaths were predictable to the point that people were placing bets on which characters he would kill off next bc we knew we were guaranteed at least a couple every issue. Scott and Logan seemed to be the only ones truly safe