Page 74 of 626 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174574 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Nope, if memory serves me correctly people were all about them being a couple. And then people were disappointed he chose to get his memories of their time together erased.

As for the sex thing: human society and culture. It's always been beneficial for a species if males spread their seed around as much as possible, and as our societies and cultures grew into monotheisim that notion was usually reflected. Religion deepened the notion by destroying the idea of the sacred female or goddess, and women become devalued. So on so forth. Some people cannot see beyond what various tools of propaganda have told them: men should be allowed and it's ok, women are to be admonished and punished for doing the same. Garbage.
    This is also explained by an expression here in Spain, perhaps it is very macho but doesn't deny its validity: a key that opens all the doors is a master key while a door that any key can open is a defetuous door. at the time of having sexual encounters, women have it easier, she usually could just go to any guy and ask him if he wants to have sex, few men would refuse, while a man is another story, try to do the same and he will receive a slap.
    I don't agree with these macho things personally I think that both have to respect him/herself not only women, but sadly this is the society in which we live.

Have we discussed who we would love to see play Jean in the MCU. I keep seeing people on twitter post actresses I’ve never heard of. Should that be the path or should we go with someone more known?
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Have we discussed who we would love to see play Jean in the MCU. I keep seeing people on twitter post actresses I’ve never heard of. Should that be the path or should we go with someone more known?
    Dakota Johnson for an AvX resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Dakota Johnson for an AvX resurrection.

not bad as red head

BANNED

That air of sexism surrounding/trapping Jean? It's been evident since forever. This Bishop thing just kinda shed a tiny bit of light on it, but it was always obvious. She was kept dead so that there wouldn't be an impetus to write her having a relationship or connection (ultimately it was about sex) with a different male while they were doing the Machoclops and Emma thing. The Bishop connection won't last because Jean Grey was brought back specifically to be with Cyclops. The other side of that coin is Emma Frost being conveniently ejected.

As far as the new movies go: I'd prefer if it they would bring over the majority of the existing cast, save for Storm. Time to get a Storm that looks the part.
    Last edited by Can'tHexTheX; 02-02-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    That air of sexism surrounding/trapping Jean? It's been evident since forever. This Bishop thing just kinda shed a tiny bit of light on it, but it was always obvious. She was kept dead so that there wouldn't be an impetus to write her having a relationship or connection (ultimately it was about sex) with a different male while they were doing the Machoclops and Emma thing. The Bishop connection won't last because Jean Grey was brought back specifically to be with Cyclops. The other side of that coin is Emma Frost being conveniently ejected.

As far as the new movies go: I'd prefer if it they would bring over the majority of the existing cast, save for Storm. Time to get a Storm that looks the part.
    We need another X-ladies book. Just Jean, Storm, Emma, Rogue, Psylocke, Polaris and Dazzler

Something to give them a little bit of escape

Jean needs to stop cheating on her husband. This is not right.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Jean needs to stop cheating on her husband. This is not right.
    Infidelity depends on each couple, there are cultures and people more open to sexual issues where sex with other people does not influence the happiness of the couple and there are people who consider it unforgivable to think of other people while they are in a relationship. For me Jean has not committed any serious fault, but I think the same of Scott.
    The context of what happened between Jean and Bishop is what bothers me, for me it has another intention rather than giving importance to Jean's sexuality.
    Last edited by v_jeovanne; 02-02-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Incredible Member

well I have 2 picks for Jean Grey:
    Maya+Hawke+2018+Vanity+Fair+Oscar+Party+Hosted+6CV5Euqg3cSl.jpg
    First, Maya Hawke, the daughter of Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman. Just saw her the other day in an adaptation of Little Women where she was playing Jo and she will be in the season 3 of Stranger things.
    Beautiful, expressive, emotional and energic, she could be a great young Jean Grey, she's 20, so she could play the young Jean and could stay in the role for a fairly long time

Jane+Levy+Hulu+Castle+Rock+Comic+Con+2018+VXXYH1WcKnql.jpg
    Second pick, Jane Levy, of course!
    Let's face it, she's the adult Jean Grey, at 29 she has the energy, the flame and the acting chops to bring us a great Jean!

The most important thing to me is that MCU Jean should stand out from the insecure afraid of herself Jean from the FOX films.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Oh god, it's so uncomfortable to talk about shipping here. it's like some people just want to see the worst about everything regardless of whatever each one likes
    Jean is way more than who she was/is/will be paired.
    The most important thing is the character, the other characters or relationships are secondary.

It really depends if she is going to be a kid on school or a full adult
    But if Disney let's her join the MCU i would like Elle fanning as Jean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    We need another X-ladies book. Just Jean, Storm, Emma, Rogue, Psylocke, Polaris and Dazzler

Something to give them a little bit of escape
    Don't forget X-23 and Pryde!

Would you like seeing Jean in the Avengers? (Temporarily, I mean.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Yes, of course it would make sense at this moment to have her for a brief stint as an Avenger.
    Since she came back from the dead, Jean has been trying to mend things and emerged as a political leader for the mutant community and as a major player in the superheroe community. It would fit her agenda and be a strong statement in favor of the mutant community.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Yes, of course but if i could chose a team i would prefer the ultimates/fantastic four
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-02-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Time to get a Storm that looks the part.

Michaela Coel is an unusual pick, and I expect to catch flack, but wooo boy This Woman is phenomenally talented. Chewing Gum was a series expanded from her stand-up. She's an award-winning poet. She's making WAVES as the dramatic lead in Black Earth Rising. She's got a size 8 face on a size 6 head with gigantic, animated features that telegraph emotions through theoretical dimensions.

Given the controversy regarding the casting of light-skinned actresses to play superhero-dom's most significant African black heroine, I say go big or go home.