Page 45 of 626 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145545 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I find it funny that people mock Jean's style of leadership (talking first, empathy). These same people would hate Jean if she lobotomized her own son.

I'm a sucker for Grey-Summers family drama so I didn't mind this last issue. I liked the art and the telepathic strategies.
    Me too. I really like when Jean interacts with the characters derivated from her like Cable, Rachel, Nate or Hope

Sigh, it's like every thread I step into is a Jean grey Bashing thread. The perfect goddess, the prom Queen, sigh. I really wish she could just join the avengers or guardians of the Galaxy for a bit of fresh air, then they'd have no reason to complain about her being in the spotlight (after years of being dead)

Anyways, do you guys think there's a possibility that Jean knows that Age of X-man is a construct/pocket dimension?

I've seen people draw a parallel to Bishop being in a prison, that the reason may be that he still has his old memories like he did in Age of apocalypse. What if both he and Jean know, which is what drew them together, and why he's in a prison, instead of icemans team just modifying his mind.

It's an interesting theory, but I don't want it to happen, behind mean that both Jean and Bishop actually fell in love and it wasn't alternate universe shenanigans

Posters here just bash whoever gets the most spotlight at the moment. Teen Jean got huge amounts of hate at the hight of the All New era, but as soon as she left, I saw more posters saying they enjoyed Jeen’s journy. The people enjoying something are just simply more quiet than the ones upset (that their favs arent getting panel time, etc). Cyclops got huuuuuge amounts of hate during Utopia and now his fans are more vocal. I goes on and on. I’m not gonna post this over and over, but I’ve really enjoyed Jeen and Jean in the 2010s. I’m really looking forward to Marvellous X-men.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The X-Men boards are toxic. I think that's been clear since I joined CBR alllll the way back in 2011 or 2012, and it's actually a lot better now than it was then... but that doesn't mean that it's good. They see a character who's not their favorite character doing things that are good and positive for their character and actually leading fairly well and they decide that means that she is perfect, the perfect goddess, the prom queen. No one character can have a decent time as the leader of the X-Men because they aren't allowed to; it doesn't matter who they are or if they're written badly or written well. Kitty was written badly. Jean has been, somehow, written well (other than perhaps in Typhoid Fever) since she came back.

As for Age of X-Man... Jean is an omega level telepath that's being written as the leader and lead character of the Marvelous X-Men title, so I think that she's going to slowly realize that things are wrong and maybe end up leading to trying to fix it. I'm somewhat excited to see where this goes, because I'm not exactly sure what they're going to do with it. It's what's going to happen to these character that are stuck in the alternate reality that I'm concerned over, and what's going to happen with the Devastation team until they get back.

Everything is uncertain right now and that makes me sad.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    As for Age of X-Man... Jean is an omega level telepath that's being written as the leader and lead character of the Marvelous X-Men title, so I think that she's going to slowly realize that things are wrong and maybe end up leading to trying to fix it. I'm somewhat excited to see where this goes, because I'm not exactly sure what they're going to do with it. It's what's going to happen to these character that are stuck in the alternate reality that I'm concerned over, and what's going to happen with the Devastation team until they get back.

Everything is uncertain right now and that makes me sad.
    I'm also low key excited for AoXm. Jean missed out on age of X and house of M. Really want to see where they go with it. Marvelous, Apocalypse and the Iceman/Psylocke/Northstar ones are the books I'm really looking forward to.

Just sad that she, Storm and iceman will miss out on the war of realms, but glad that Dani and Magik will get some shine.

Lol, still keeping fingers crossed for Jean to use her pink mode in Marvelous X-Men

[QUOTE=Del torro;4144587]Sigh, it's like every thread I step into is a Jean grey Bashing thread. The perfect goddess, the prom Queen, sigh. I really wish she could just join the avengers or guardians of the Galaxy for a bit of fresh air, then they'd have no reason to complain about her being in the spotlight (after years of being dead)

Haiz..you know I really wish Jean went to The Avengers or Guardians too. I mean she just get blame even if it not her fault but that what the current state of the x-men fans base these days so not much of a surprise.

But man..what I would give if she went to the Avengers. If only

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Id still like a new costume for Jean when the “Xmen Reborn” stuff comes back
    I'm sure that will happen. When Age of X-Man ends and everyone comes back, that'll mean another relaunch, as several new books launch. And the characters in those new books will probably have new looks.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm sure that will happen. When Age of X-Man ends and everyone comes back, that'll mean another relaunch, as several new books launch. And the characters in those new books will probably have new looks.
    On one hand, JDW said that the reaction to the Red costume has been rather positive so she was going to keep it for the foreseeable future and I'd be fine with that - but at the same time... There's a reason that the entire cast of Uncanny Devastation has old costumes, bar Magik.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    On one hand, JDW said that the reaction to the Red costume has been rather positive so she was going to keep it for the foreseeable future and I'd be fine with that - but at the same time... There's a reason that the entire cast of Uncanny Devastation has old costumes, bar Magik.
    I, for once, don't like the costume, but I didn't like the 90's costume as well. I never liked those bulky shoulderpads and the whole design made me feel like they treated Jean as if she needed extra protections, hence the Jean is weak meme.
    And sorry but I'm not a fan of this red and blue theme, it feels dull to me and her red hair don't stand as much with this kind of red costume.
    Don't beat me with a stick please!

On the other side, I find quite interesting that now, Jean doesn't even need a codename.
    She's known from the whole world as Jean Grey, a leader of the mutant community. It's quite empowering and it makes more sense than back in the 90's where the school was still in the closet and she traveled the world fighting baddies in front of the public going by the super confidential codename of...Jean Grey!

I like almost every costume created by Jim Lee for the X-men. But Jean's is terrible.

Hope she get a new one soon.

Fantastic Member

I like Jean's Red costume. Its just some artist ruins it and for some reason, makes it look like she's not wearing any bottoms. And when they go crazy of her shoulder pads that looks like pans.
    But i thought they way its drawn in Red series and the Extermination is very pretty. And the beginning of Uncanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I really wish she could just join the avengers or guardians of the Galaxy for a bit of fresh air, then they'd have no reason to complain about her being in the spotlight (after years of being dead)
    That idea got floated around a couple times and people complained it'd be yet another case of the Avengers stealing X-characters. :P (but that I recall the Jean diehard fans often liked the idea; I know I did)

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It is good when X-men characters explore other corners of the Marvel universe. It did wonders for Rogue, Storm and Wolverine (i think Emma is doing quite well too) but at the end of the day it is difficult for those developments to be long lasting or meaningfull. I mean for example kitty was going to marry and then suddenly it did not mean anything.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-18-2019 at 10:55 AM.

X-office likes to ignore the x-characters development that happens on avengers book

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    X-office likes to ignore the x-characters development that happens on avengers book
    Probably because they don't read them. Most low-mid level editors are just collecting a paycheck.