Page 90 of 626 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190590 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

My god
    Do you guys remember when this thread was about Jean?

like, there is more about her than with who she is/was/is going to be. that's not the most important thing about the character.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-13-2019 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Love, love, love it!

Plus, when Jean first became Phoenix and then DP as she left the Earth, Silver Surfer sensed her power and "kindred soul" but never met her. Now is the time for them to meet!
    This is giving me way too many ideas that I could incorporate into a fanfic.

Not that I'm complaining.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This is giving me way too many ideas that I could incorporate into a fanfic.

Not that I'm complaining.
    That sounds great! Please take the idea and run with it. I would love to read your fan-fic!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    My god
    Do you guys remember when this thread was about Jean?

like, there is more about her than with who she is/was/is going to be. that's not the most important thing about the character.
    Yeah, previous page looks like something out of the Bishop thread.

Also theorizing how Jean's and her offspring timelines in AoXM is fun.

Did she get replaced by Phoenix? Did she Did Nate follow her into X-Factor too? (ew) Did Xorn still kill her and Scott, Rogue, Gambit, Wolvie, Hope and Cable die when she was gone?

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

What they did to Bishop years ago was wrong and it most definitely racist. It had the classic white guy (cable) as the good guy and the black guy (Bishop) as crazed bad guy trope. Cable/Hope were the white saviors. Bishop, if you recall got his guy slashed out, lost an arm, etc. He became the "bad" version of Cable. This is something that should never be forgiven or forgotten from us the fan base. I wish someone involved with the X-men would acknowledge this problematic b.s. and apologize for it.
    This is still going down the "black people can't be villains" logic. The heel-face turn was bad, yes, but the X-Men have had them before. Forge heel-turned in Astonishing. There's also not much to apologise for since Sam Humphries cleaned it up.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 02-13-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

To got to draw Jean yet again in today’s Next Gen and she looked lovely

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    We don't really know if the Jean/Bishop thing will carry over beyond Age of X-man do we?
    Zac Thompson said on Twitter weeks ago that it would carry over. That said, he didn't hint at any specifics, and, based on v_jeovanne's intel, Thompson may just have been lying or exaggerating to create hype for the event.

We'll find out for sure in six months or so.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    This is still going down the "black people can't be villains" logic. The heel-face turn was bad, yes, but the X-Men have had them before. Forge heel-turned in Astonishing. There's also not much to apologise for since Sam Humphries cleaned it up.
    No, Humphries didn't. He put Bishop into atoner mode, and subsequent writers have had Bishop apologize to Hope, reaching an uneasy detente.

BUT, none of Bishop's crimes have been retconned out. He's still guilty of genocide. THAT is the problem.

BANNED

Yeah, previous page looks like something out of the Bishop thread.

Also theorizing how Jean's and her offspring timelines in AoXM is fun.

Did she get replaced by Phoenix? Did she Did Nate follow her into X-Factor too? (ew) Did Xorn still kill her and Scott, Rogue, Gambit, Wolvie, Hope and Cable die when she was gone?

There's almost certainly no Phoenix in AoXM. Phoenix/Jean would literally burn away Nate's perfect world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Bishop is the guy who killed billions, right after he set sentinels on the X-Men when they were in their most vulnerable, tried to kill a baby, shot Charles and then he's just welcome in the X-Men, because the characters treating him like they treated Scott is racism.

But his actions are somehow supposed to be forgiven, because terms like "character assassination" can be selectively used and, somehow, "Cyclops did as bad or worse" LMAO
    And Jean Grey is the woman who killed billions, and look she's one of the most beloved X-Men. So the woman who killed billions can love the man who killed billions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    There's no redemption for genocide.
    Jean herself has redemption from genocide. So has the Scarlet Witch.

Obviously in the context of the comics if a character kills a bunch of people who have nothing to do with the book's core cast, it doesn't matter. Jean killing off an entire planet or Bishop slaughtering a bunch of people in an alternate future means nothing because both killed people the X-Men and the audiences don't care about and so there's no emotion there.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    And Jean Grey is the woman who killed billions, and look she's one of the most beloved X-Men. So the woman who killed billions can love the man who killed billions.
    Phoenix killed billions. That's how Jean got out of that situation.

Bishop is in the same situation as Namor.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Context changes everything. Dark Phoenix unintentionally caused the deaths of millions after going insane. What Bishop did was calculated and deliberate

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

jean was possessed dont blame her
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Jean wasn't possessed. She was sleeping.

Also is the murdering thing the reason people are against the Jean x Bishop thing? Cuz Wanda is with Brother Voodoo and no one's b*tching.
    "Cable was right!"

Jean wasn't possessed. She was sleeping.

Also is the murdering thing the reason people are against the Jean x Bishop thing? Cuz Wanda is with Brother Voodoo and no one's b*tching.
    different franchise and most likely different people supporting and/or disliking the pairings. Wanda doesnt get much talk in the X-forum and when she does, its usually met with heated discussions hating her. The murder is only one reason dont support Jean and Bishop. He going after people she has a personal connection to and the creepy factor of them being mentally manipulated into being together rank up there too. Its not simply one thing but several which make a recipe for a bad basis to form a relationship