Page 497 of 626 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547597 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Apparently they are only keeping Ryan Reynolds. Everyone else is getting recast for the MCU.
    Probably for the best.

I like some of the cast but we may as well get a 100% clean slate.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

They really going to leave his supporting cast from the last two films behind?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    No at all, deadpool gonna follow up deadpool movies

They did reference that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelatFox...orce_question/

Don’t see how The Last Stand was a better rendition. They didn’t explain why Jean was killing people in that.

No, he wrote a draft for it that got heavily rewritten by Zak Penn due to studio mandate. Even Chris Claremont said that’s what happened.
    Theyd dint reference it and that link doesnt really address it.

TLS was not a great film by any means but the Phoenix being a split personality of Jean's was easy enough to understand and what was done with her was straight forward. DP was a mess. With the scale of the story feeling so small, throwing in a cosmic force added nothing. Jean going nuts didnt make sense. Chastain as the villian was boring and quite unnecessary. Everything about aliens and space was not well done at all. The ending to the film was very satisfactory and I felt TLS had more of an emotional if not bittersweet ending. DP, she just flies off and its over.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    No at all, deadpool gonna follow up deadpool movies
    I feel like there's very little chance Josh Brolin sticks around.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I feel like there's very little chance Josh Brolin sticks around.
    I doubt MCU ever uses Thanos again, if they really wanted too, they probably could have him play Cable still.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Theyd dint reference it and that link doesnt really address it.

TLS was not a great film by any means but the Phoenix being a split personality of Jean's was easy enough to understand and what was done with her was straight forward. DP was a mess. With the scale of the story feeling so small, throwing in a cosmic force added nothing. Jean going nuts didnt make sense. Chastain as the villian was boring and quite unnecessary. Everything about aliens and space was not well done at all. The ending to the film was very satisfactory and I felt TLS had more of an emotional if not bittersweet ending. DP, she just flies off and its over.

Jean’s instability was the natural result of her repressed traumatic memories come flooding back. It happens in real life.

At first, hidden memories that can't be consciously accessed may protect the individual from the emotional pain of recalling the event. But eventually those suppressed memories can cause debilitating psychological problems, such as anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder or dissociative disorders.
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0817132325.htm

The trauma is what caused Jean to lose control of her powers in the movie. Just like when Xavier’s telepathy went out of control in Days of Future Past as the result of him being emotionally broken after Erik and Raven abandoned him. Psychic powers are linked to mental health. That is an idea that was also explored in Logan with Xavier’s powers going out of control because of his seizures. That’s what Xavier meant in the movie by “the mind of a psychic is fragile it takes the slightest tap to send it in the wrong direction”.

Jessica’s character was meant to be Mastermind stand-in according to Simon Kinberg. However, much of her scenes got cut. Originally it was suppose to be over two hours long.

In the movie Jessica mentioned that Jean had a “hidden power” within in her that attracted the force. I agree that the cosmic aspect wasn’t developed well at all. That was obviously meant to be developed more in sequels that will now not be happening.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-14-2019 at 10:16 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Did you really use DandonFuga's Rogue as your avatar? Well done.
    "Cable was right!"

I think Domino is staying

we feastin'

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Did you really use DandonFuga's Rogue as your avatar? Well done.
    Pleased to see that someone noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    we feastin'

thighs variant

Beautiful!

Amazing Member

I wish they would let jean wear some of her other uniforms from the past because I’m honestly tired of the skirt

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The Granov variant looks wonderful.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey