Page 87 of 626 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187587 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Agreed.

Jean deserves the opportunity to explore another romantic relationship. Scott got time with Madelyne and Emma, Jean should be able to do the same with someone new. This franchise needs to explore new dynamics anyway.
    Honestly he was a horrible husband to Madelyne. When it comes to Jean, his recovery from the Apocalypse possession does explain him becoming cold and pushing Jean away and starting the affair with Emma, still in the end it does suck since he was actually married to Jean at the time.

I don't mind the relationships in the comics, but I just want Jean to have a chance to breath as a character outside of boyfriends. Let her work on the relationship she has with Nathan and Rachel for a while and then start falling for someone after that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    It was a comment in an interview.
    Could you please be a bit more specific?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Honestly he was a horrible husband to Madelyne. When it comes to Jean, his recovery from the Apocalypse possession does explain him becoming cold and pushing Jean away and starting the affair with Emma, still in the end it does suck since he was actually married to Jean at the time.

I don't mind the relationships in the comics, but I just want Jean to have a chance to breath as a character outside of boyfriends. Let her work on the relationship she has with Nathan and Rachel for a while and then start falling for someone after that.
    That'd be nice, but writers want Jean to explore a romantic relationship, and I'm glad to see it be someone new at least. I also would like to see more of Jean/Cable/Rachel, and I hope that's something writers can do along with whatever happens to her connection with Bishop. There is no reason as to why a romantic relationship has to be the main focus, but that's something a lot of Marvel writers struggle with.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    That'd be nice, but writers want Jean to explore a romantic relationship, and I'm glad to see it be someone new at least. I also would like to see more of Jean/Cable/Rachel, and I hope that's something writers can do along with whatever happens to her connection with Bishop. There is no reason as to why a romantic relationship has to be the main focus, but that's something a lot of Marvel writers struggle with.
    We can have both. Jean can connect to her kids while having a romance, both kind of relationships will be good for her
    She needs something new on romantic side and if they are her kids we have to see them interacting more

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Bullshit.

The problem with Bishop isn't his race. The problem with Bishop is that he's a mass murderer who deliberately and knowingly caused the deaths of billions of people. He has never answered for that. If you don't believe me, you can find summaries of the relevant issues here: https://uncannyxmen.net/comics/series/cable-2nd-series.

It's not about sexism, either. Back in the day, Scott's affair with Emma was off-putting, too. If you don't believe me, search this forum for "The Rectangle" thread. People are still arguing about it all 15 years after the stories in question were published.

For Jott shippers, the source of offense is that 1) she's not with Scott and 2) Jean and Bishop's relationship, by the admission of one of its creators, exists in part as a device to keep Scott and Jean apart.

Now, if Scott was still dead and staying that way permanently, I wouldn't have a problem with Jean striking up a romance with Fury Jr. or T'Challa or any other heroic character of color.
    I know that you dislike the relationship Scemma. But different from Emma that always commiting transgressions, Bishop was a hero. That was pure character assassination from nowhere

Jean and Scott can't simply get back together, if it wasn'tbishop it would be another character.

I'm gonna say that I side eye who like Scemma, but then dislike Bean;
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-11-2019 at 05:01 PM.

BANNED

While I really don't care about her connections to Rachel and Cable at this point because they have been done to death, there definitely is room to do both those types of relationships and the kissyface ones. I personally want to see her keep meeting new friends and expand the relationships with her existing buddies. Her link to Storm is mostly only implied and I would like to see more panel time with her and Rogue, especially. Jean missed so much book time and was so insulated and suffocated <similarly to Emma>that she doesn't have the dynamics with all the other main X-Men that really should be there. She's barely talked to Kitty since a book that came out 40 years ago when Kitty first appeared. The girl has ALOT of meeting and greeting and freaking <lol> to do. Even though they just had an issue together, I still have Hope high on my list of people Jean should run into. That Exterminated issue was soooooo good.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    While I really don't care about her connections to Rachel and Cable at this point because they have been done to death.
    Yeah, no. Marvel has barely let Rachel and Jean interact, it hasn't been done to death. In fact it almost doesn't exist, that's why it needs to be explored.

BANNED

Jean and Cable? Pass on that. Jean and Rachel connecting? Cool. But Jean hasnt had a good run in with Magneto since her resurrection except the issue where Nate Grey changed everything. Magneto and Jean should be face to face after the Morrison crap ending to make that right.

As for everyone getting so worked up if she has sex with Bishop in 616? Hey..its much easier to deal with then Scott and Emma being shoved down throats for no reason for a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Jean and Cable? Pass on that. Jean and Rachel connecting? Cool. But Jean hasnt had a good run in with Magneto since her resurrection except the issue where Nate Grey changed everything. Magneto and Jean should be face to face after the Morrison crap ending to make that right.
    Magneto killing Jean is not canon. Xorn (xorn's twin?) did it

What do people feel about Jean hooking up with Angel after her thing with Bishop ends?

I like Warren but he is more like a flirty friend. Anything more could complicate things and he has his own business with Betsy.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    What do people feel about Jean hooking up with Angel after her thing with Bishop ends?
    The ship sailed on that decades ago. I used to want it but Warren is one of the few close friends that Scott has that he didnt have a falling out with. I dont want a relationship with Jean to ruin that

BANNED

They would be cool, but there are so many characters in the Marvel universe and so infinitely many more in the minds of any creator who would be on the books that there is no reason to have Jean dipping her hand into another X-Lady's cookie jar. Bishop is a good choice in part because Jean wouldn't be stepping on any of her friends' toes. After Bishop, I'd go with someone similarly untangled with other X-women. She could grab an Avenger. Just please no Iron Man...gross.

Blech!

Pass.

Ultimate Member

Yeah no to Jean and Warren, if anybody for Jean after Bishop I'd rather it be with Logan...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Yeah no to Jean and Warren, if anybody for Jean after Bishop I'd rather it be with Logan...
    Double blech!

They been trying to force that down our throats for years. Let it die.