Page 525 of 626 FirstFirst ... 25425475515521522523524525526527528529535575625 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,875 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I really wish they had gone with her Marvelous design if we had to have a take on the MG look

No mask
    small hand gloves
    covered chest

These 3 changes make it work much better
    No long sleeve also helps.

A lot better than the original marvel girl dress

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    You know, I agree. The smaller more realistic gloves, normal looking boots, the skirt looks professional, like a uniform. And dropping the mask entirely. It's not a bad Marvel Girl look and it looks more polished and professional.
    Its also very sleek whereas most artists draw the original MG suit like it barely fits her properly

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    No long sleeve also helps.

A lot better than the original marvel girl dress
    It'd even look fine with long sleeves is the thing.

I'm hoping whatever this change is, is semi-permanent.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Its also very sleek whereas most artists draw the original MG suit like it barely fits her properly
    It kind of reminds me of when some artists draw Emma in a business pant suit instead of over sexy. The look moves to make Emma look like she really is a CEO and a business woman who should be taken seriously in meetings.

It's the same for Jean here, if she walked up to people on the street dressed like that they would take her seriously because she looks like she is dressed as a professional, or at the very minimum a woman in her late 20's who looks capable and polished.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

I really wish they had gone with her Marvelous design if we had to have a take on the MG look

No mask
    small hand gloves
    covered chest

I can get behind this version. It looks good.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

No mask
    small hand gloves
    covered chest

This costume would have been so much better.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I have been thinking that the Marverl girl costume is not ugly on itself. It is just that to me it makes Jean look too young. I know she is technically 27-28 but all the O5 feel on their late 30's early 40's.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-21-2019 at 06:04 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Pretty simple. Most of the X-Men are amoral. Kitty and Jean are the only two that can look people in the face and say they only want to help. Scott said as much during the Whedon run: Him and Hank are wrecks, Logan and Emma are amoral, only Kitty could stand as the face of the X-Men.
    Storm genuinely wants to help people. She’s generally very moral.

Iceman does. He’s shown as jokester, not leader.

Cyclops was originally not a wreck. He was a pretty good guy until the Apocalypse possession and post Morrison. He seems to be mentally reset.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I have been thinking that the Marverl girl costume is not ugly on itself. It is just that to me it makes Jean look to young. I know she is technically 27-28 but all the O5 feel on their late 30's early 40's.
    I would say mid 30's at best. But to me they are in some nebulous age somewhere between mid 20's and early 30's. For such classic and timeless characters let us not age them too quickly. I remember when I was so much younger than Scott and Jean and now I'm a lot older. I don't want Jean and Scott to have crow's feet or aching joints due to old age. It kills me when people say Scott is like 45. I'm like "thems fightin' words" lol And sure some people in their 40's are fit, and are still strong. I'm 37 and relatively fit but the more you age, certain things get harder even if you take care of yourself.

But even if they should be that age, now in their new bodies they can be set to an optimal age so basically reset at mid-20's/early 30's. I always liked that Scott and Jean's minds were older than their bodies due to their experience in the future. There was a 90's issue where Jean thinks to herself that she feels a lot older than she is. I think this was around the time Scott and Jean were having issues (near the conclusion of the flirtation with Betsy).

BANNED

They're all basically 19-28. Young and fun and prime of life and its for the best.

Hickman says he views the original X-men as being in their mid 30s despite JDW thinking 28. This is moot though given that they've either died or implied to have died and been brought back at an artificial age

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Storm genuinely wants to help people. She’s generally very moral.

Iceman does. He’s shown as jokester, not leader.

Cyclops was originally not a wreck. He was a pretty good guy until the Apocalypse possession and post Morrison. He seems to be mentally reset.
    The X-men got darker in the 80s under Storm's leadership. She was condoning X-men killing long before Scott started to feel that way
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-21-2019 at 06:27 PM.

BANNED

New-ish cover for X-Men #2. Apparently a re-color.

Think this may be Dean White colors.

Anyone watched raising dion?

As a PG show it’s lacking edge but it’s a pretty cool show- and between the kid’s tk and pyrokinesis I can’t help but think of jean.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    New-ish cover for X-Men #2. Apparently a re-color.

Think this may be Dean White colors.
    Jean grey should be phoenix, they keep trying to make her into something else but it always feels like something is missing ......just set a stable power level and let her follow her nature as it's supposed to be.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Editor's word is rule.

That said Jean and Scott are older mentally than most of their compatriots. They should be about the same age as Sue and Reed, mentally.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey