Page 46 of 626 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146546 ... LastLast

Was re-watching the Cinema Sins for Goldeneye, and I didn't remember this, but in addition to being Jean in the X-movies (a role she is FIERCELY protective of), Famke Janssen was also the best female Bond villain. That's kind of cool.

She also wanted to reprise her role for the current X movies, but wasn't allowed to due to her age, which pissed her off.

How many books are covering the Age of Xman stuff? Just Marvelous? Or are there others?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    How many books are covering the Age of Xman stuff? Just Marvelous? Or are there others?
    There's the Nightcrawler, Extremist, NextGen, Prisoner X and the Apocalypse one. Then the Alpha and Omega issues.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Was re-watching the Cinema Sins for Goldeneye, and I didn't remember this, but in addition to being Jean in the X-movies (a role she is FIERCELY protective of), Famke Janssen was also the best female Bond villain. That's kind of cool.

She also wanted to reprise her role for the current X movies, but wasn't allowed to due to her age, which pissed her off.
    I'm always curious to hear her perspective on working on those movies. At the time they weren't quite the career launchers they became in the rising Marvel era (most of the actors were fairly well-established actors to begin with), though they made Hugh Jackman a household name for sure. And it's always sounded like working on them was kinda stressful.
    Last edited by ariwl1; 01-18-2019 at 05:16 PM.

BANNED

I always laugh my ass off at the "Character name inspires the whole Austin Powers franchise" sin. Famke was really something else in that movie.

BANNED

Not being silly: what do people like about Jean Grey? What do people like so much about her persona/characteristics?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Not being silly: what do people like about Jean Grey? What do people like so much about her persona/characteristics?

-I really like that she is a loving, charismatic and compassionate person but at the same time she can be really agressive when it matters (without being edgy)

-she usually has cool designs.

-Her journey is very different and better than 99% of the other x-men characters. She is one of those characters that literally grew up in all aspects. I met her as a teen and now she is an adult. most other characters start as adults or begin and stay as teens, with Jean you could see her evolution. She has been a teen, an adult, student, teacher, superhero, mom, wife, etc.

-She is pretty tied with other characters i like as Storm, Cyclops and Wolverine. I specially love her relationship with Scott.

-She is the soul of the x-men, someone who has been there from the very start. that even dead has a huge influence on everything. Most X-men can be ignored but Jean is always there, in AU's, movies, cartoons. Only Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops and probably Xavier can say that too, she is one of those charaters that define the story of the x-books.

I'm a bit sleep deprived right now and this is all i can remember at the moment maybe i will add something later.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-18-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Famke also guest-starred in an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation as an empathic metamorph who falls in love with Jean-Luc Picard, who shares her feelings but resists them.

I like the mixture of the character. She's compassionate to her teammates, and fiercely protective of mutantkind, with a temper that resonates with her heart and intentions. Her drive and energy for life is why the Phoenix loved her as her host so much. Contrasting to the average X-character of goofiness or apathy, she has a charm that makes her stand out and provide an air of positivity to action.

BANNED

I like the mixture of the character. She's compassionate to her teammates, and fiercely protective of mutantkind, with a temper that resonates with her heart and intentions. Her drive and energy for life is why the Phoenix loved her as her host so much. Contrasting to the average X-character of goofiness or apathy, she has a charm that makes her stand out and provide an air of positivity to action.
    Nicely put. I think that covers my feelings on the character too.

Okay, let's go.

First thing I like about Jean, is the dichotomy. The passive nice every day girl, that with anger can switch into a person that can be really cruel. The struggle between exploring your powers and being a bright star that scares everyone, or keeping it down and staying in line like a good girl

Her compassion and empathy for people, wanting to save them, even if it means sacrificing herself.

Her stubbornness that caused her to reject a future being forced on her, and only accepting it on her own terms when she was ready (Rachel appearing to Jean and calling her mum, Scott proposing marriage when she had memories of him doing it to Madelyne and Phoenix)

Her teasing playfulness that she has with Scott, Ororo, hank, Angel and Bobby. I live that her sense of humor doesn't have to do with making quips.

I find it interesting that for a long time she held back her powers because she was scared of them, then she held herself back because her friends were friends were scared of her becoming to powerful, until she got fed up of and decided to stop, and then her friends and family kept trying to get her to power down. As apocalypse put it

Jean grey is hopeful, she is passionate, she has a lot of love to give, she wants to help everyone, she wants to be the perfect good girl, but she's also angry, and cruel, and can't help have wandering thoughts about men like thunderbird, Wolverine and Fantomex, she can keep a grudge for a long time, but they fizzle out if the person apologizes sincerely. She's the kind of person to break you apart in anger then out you back together in remorse.
    She's killed billions as dark Phoenix so she tries to have a no kill policy
    Let's not talk about her Jealousy lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Okay, let's go.

First thing I like about Jean, is the dichotomy. The passive nice every day girl, that with anger can switch into a person that can be really cruel. The struggle between exploring your powers and being a bright star that scares everyone, or keeping it down and staying in line like a good girl

Her compassion and empathy for people, wanting to save them, even if it means sacrificing herself.

Her stubbornness that caused her to reject a future being forced on her, and only accepting it on her own terms when she was ready (Rachel appearing to Jean and calling her mum, Scott proposing marriage when she had memories of him doing it to Madelyne and Phoenix)

Her teasing playfulness that she has with Scott, Ororo, hank, Angel and Bobby. I live that her sense of humor doesn't have to do with making quips.

I find it interesting that for a long time she held back her powers because she was scared of them, then she held herself back because her friends were friends were scared of her becoming to powerful, until she got fed up of and decided to stop, and then her friends and family kept trying to get her to power down. As apocalypse put it

Jean grey is hopeful, she is passionate, she has a lot of love to give, she wants to help everyone, she wants to be the perfect good girl, but she's also angry, and cruel, and can't help have wandering thoughts about men like thunderbird, Wolverine and Fantomex, she can keep a grudge for a long time, but they fizzle out if the person apologizes sincerely. She's the kind of person to break you apart in anger then out you back together in remorse.
    She's killed billions as dark Phoenix so she tries to have a no kill policy
    Let's not talk about her Jealousy lol
    Jean is a beautiful nightmare. Wish they'd show her with more inner conflict. That dichotomy.

Jean is a beautiful nightmare. Wish they'd show her with more inner conflict. That dichotomy.
    Yeah it's one things I love about Morrison
    Jean is on fire, the u-men and their vehicles are around her being ripped apart by telekinesis, and she's smiling and telling Logan that she's fine and not to worry

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    From X-Factor to...

....UXM #308

Found this in the other thread

Those pages are exactly why Phoenix Resurrection makes so much gd sense.