Page 626 of 626 FirstFirst ... 126526576616622623624625626
Results 9,376 to 9,381 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I don't think it's a gay/straight thing. I'm pretty straight and I love the Phoenix and the idea of Jean finding her real self and unleashed potential in it. I think Rosenberg just didn't get it because that's just not his kind of thing. He hardly featured her in the big return story so his interest in the character probably just lies elsewhere, specifically in her girlfriend role.
    Phoenix story was a lot about female empowerment, sexual liberation.

I think LGBT saw that as a metaphor for them too, like the case of wonder woman.

Rosenberg have no clue about Phoenix. I kinda of understand want phoenix and jean separated for a back to basics take, it was what the character needed. But he did a bad job witing the relaitonship

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Straight male X-Men fans only like Wolverine. And Deadpool. Maybe Gambit.
    straight male doesn't like Gambit a lot, he has a big women and LGBT following
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-31-2019 at 02:21 PM.

BANNED

Check any group Marvel cosplay photo from any random convention. There's always a male Jean or two. Jean def has a notable presence of fans from every group. That's why Marvel spent time every few years teasing her return.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    You clearly misunderstood. I never said all Jean fans feel this way, but I was referencing many lgbt fans. I've been in this community like 20 years so I know a little bit about the online fan base. Every time I make a generalization about the gay male Jean fan base I get comments from some straight fans trying to tell me what I know. Please stop.

I stand by my original comments.
    I didn't contradict anything you said about Jean's gay fanbase. My point was that there is not some gay/straight barrier keeping some of us from understanding her story. Relax.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    All the men that are Jean fans that I know in real life are gay.
    not that there is anything wrong with that but I wonder why?
    I don't know why tbh? I was always drawn to Jean since I was a little kid. She and Storm were my first favorite superheroes

The pretty much defunt Jean Grey message board was full of gay male fans. Now of course there were straight guys, bi girls, straight women too and probably every one else in between but we had a lot of gay males. Same with any Jean Grey fan group on Facebook or anywhere else you look.

Syfy wire even did an article called the queer fanbase of Jean Grey:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-qu...e-of-jean-grey

Of course those of us in the fandom already knew about this aspect of the fanbase because we live it. I have been challenged on this generalization before, but it always shocks me. Are people not observant? There was a time the off topic thread on this board was dominated by young gay guys talking about their love/ dating life, school, etc. Most X-men boards are dominated by gay guys but then when we say it we usually get challenged like we make it up. It can be frustrating.

Of course a lot of the X-women characters have a lot of gay fans but when it comes to the online fandom it would be hard to beat Jean Grey. There were some Dazzler fans who always acted like most gay fans loved her, but again the Jean Grey fandom would be tough to beat (its not a competition of course).

Fans love characters for many different reasons. I do have theories about Jean that do involve transformations but there are probably a lot of other reasons we fall for Jean.
    Oh true, I'm pretty oblivious.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think all the X-Women have a considerable gay following lol. It's like stanning pop singers.
    Lol. Maybe. I also stan Zatanna and visit her thread on the DC boards and it's probably straighter than the x boards

This does about cover it but I wouldn't want to see any romance with Scott or anyone else. I want to see Jean continue to be her own character. I just want her to be used/featured and to continue to be strong, confident, and powerful. I love her role in X-force and her position on the quiet council. I always love it when her powers are explored and she is an omega mutant (which eventually will become important story-wise). I do wonder how long she will stay on X-force or even the council because writers like to change this up often.
    Writers have to learn how to write relationships that also serves the female character.
    We need to put the women can't be powerful and independent when in a relationship with a men to rest

I've been waitinga long time to Jean get a new love life

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    New variant!
    Attachment 90749
    I've been really appreciating all these DPS variants and the attention Marvel is giving the anniversary.

It doesnt fit into their narrative at all but it would have been cool if we had gotten a Phoenix mini to close out the Endsong trilogy to commemorate the anniversary. Have it take place while Jean was gathering the Phoenix fragments and bridge the gap between Second Coming/AvX to her appearance as a ghost in the JG solo