Page 493 of 626 FirstFirst ... 393443483489490491492493494495496497503543593 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,395 of 9381
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    How do Jean’s powers merely “rival” Xavier’s yet Hickman himself is the one who established the meaning of omega level mutants and listed jean as an omega levels telepath.

Also calling her telepathy “mind powers” is hilarious. That x-force description sounds like a joke tbh.
    "Omega level mutant: a mutant whose dominant power is deemed to register - or reach - an undefinable upper limit"
    Meaning when she accesses 100% of her power she is unparalleled. That don't mean she's always at 100% or even most of the time. Xavier base abilities may even be stronger then hers (he battled Dark Phoenix to a standstill if I remember correctly and even almost overpowered her) but when she reaches her full potential she's above him. It could even only be about Phoenix Jean for all we know. That data page don't have enough information.

I loved when her power signature would project from the emblem in the center of her headgear (see avatar)

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    "Omega level mutant: a mutant whose dominant power is deemed to register - or reach - an undefinable upper limit"
    Meaning when she accesses 100% of her power she is unparalleled. That don't mean she's always at 100% or even most of the time. Xavier base abilities may even be stronger then hers (he battled Dark Phoenix to a standstill if I remember correctly and even almost overpowered her)
    Xavier notes that he would have lost if not for Jean fighting against her Phoenix self

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Meaning when she accesses 100% of her power she is unparalleled. That don't mean she's always at 100% or even most of the time. Xavier base abilities may even be stronger then hers (he battled Dark Phoenix to a standstill if I remember correctly and even almost overpowered her) but when she reaches her full potential she's above him. It could even only be about Phoenix Jean for all we know. That data page don't have enough information.
    Cassandra Nova is as strong as Charles is, telepathically, and Jean was even stronger than her. So... there's no excuse.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Wut?

I don’t see that like you see it. Sorry.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Looking at this fan art, I feel like Marvel choose the mini skirt costume because of the mask. It's unique right? Has any other x-lady worn anything similar to it? With the mask you can tell it's Jean even without reading her name amongst the other red heads.

Does firestar have something similar?
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Cassandra Nova is as strong as Charles is, telepathically, and Jean was even stronger than her. So... there's no excuse.
    I dont remember it ever being stated that Cassandra was equal to Xavier in term of telepathy. She built herself from his dna but she also spent decades construcing a body while he was honing his skills. Then he got a massive power boost from the Mkraan crystal when he was repowered. And now he's using Cerebro to further enhance himself so even if he was as strong as Nova at some he should be vastly ore powerful now.
    Wut?

I don’t see that like you see it. Sorry.
    Think of it this way, Iceman was always an omega but when he started he could only throw snowballs. Even the fact Jean is going to need Cerebro at all means she's not currently at 100% since her power can reach a limit superior to a man made invention.

I dont remember it ever being stated that Cassandra was equal to Xavier in term of telepathy. She built herself from his dna but she also spent decades construcing a body while he was honing his skills. Then he got a massive power boost from the Mkraan crystal when he was repowered. And now he's using Cerebro to further enhance himself so even if he was as strong as Nova at some he should be vastly ore powerful now.

Think of it this way, Iceman was always an omega but when he started he could only throw snowballs. Even the fact Jean is going to need Cerebro at all means she's not currently at 100% since her power can reach a limit superior to a man made invention.
    Doesn’t the fact that she’s omega level, by definition, mean her powers are greater than what’s reachable with a man made invention?

Also, doesn’t Charles use Cerebro? If we are comparing the two then surely that comes into play.

(Side note, I was the captain of a gay sports team that I named “CereBROS”, so now every time
    I type Cerebro it tries to autocorrect to that.)

Does firestar have something similar?
    Firestar have a red domino mask.

They could had a domino mask for jean, majority of characters just use glasses instead of domino masks.

the red and the 90s cotume already had a distinctive look on the head. Maybe pencillers need to draw redheads with different faces

Doesn’t the fact that she’s omega level, by definition, mean her powers are greater than what’s reachable with a man made invention?

Also, doesn’t Charles use Cerebro? If we are comparing the two then surely that comes into play.

(Side note, I was the captain of a gay sports team that I named “CereBROS”, so now every time
    I type Cerebro it tries to autocorrect to that.)
    We had Rosenberg confirming that Jean was more powerful than Xavier.

Anything different is regression

Adi Granov WIP

First X-Lady

Adi Granov WIP

for a x-force variant?

Some may not be fans of the mini skirt but let's be positive and say at least she is appearing covers and hopefully that's a good sign of her being used in many stories.
    First X-Lady

Some may not be fans of the mini skirt but let's be positive and say at least she is appearing covers and hopefully that's a good sign of her being used in many stories.
    At least they rediscovered that Jean sells on covers. Now we just need the writers to do their parts

Why do some artist exaggerate the gloves...Jean is not an electrician 60604_HERO.jpg
    16863963.jpg

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Adi Granov WIP

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see the final product.