Page 573 of 626 FirstFirst ... 73473523563569570571572573574575576577583623 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 9381
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Morrison left a door for Jean to come back but Marvel went Pak/Land Song nonsense and then Hope and the 5 Frauds.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Did you start them?
    No, because I would need to get back in time and I can't do this

Yes, Morrison's power are infinite. Even quitting Marvel for DC, he had creative control for X-Men stories for a decade... Strangely, he didn't have creative control when he was writing New x-men.
    yeah, that's some people's "logic"
    Morrison had complete control of the characters on his run. What he couldn't do is make his Rogue and Gambit crap storyline because they were with Claremont

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Morrison left a door for Jean to come back but Marvel went Pak/Land Song nonsense and then Hope and the 5 Frauds.
    Pak left the door open for Jean to come back. Marvel is the one that botched the story arc with Second Coming

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

There are just as many rumors that said that Morrison wanted to bring Jean back but wasn't allowed.

I'm fairly certain that it was Quesada that kept Jean dead. It's on the record that he hates her.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I thought the rumour was that he was anti-marriage or some nonsense.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    There are just as many rumors that said that Morrison wanted to bring Jean back but wasn't allowed.

I'm fairly certain that it was Quesada that kept Jean dead. It's on the record that he hates her.
    Would be really weird that the guy who had freedom on all of his run, owuldn't get to revive Jean. That is complete no-sense and fan wishing. He just didn't wanted to do this
    This just fit very well with his work. The last thing of his run to be reversed was Jean dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I thought the rumour was that he was anti-marriage or some nonsense.
    He can dislike more than one thing. He was anti-marriage and he also didnt feel as if Jean's original resurrection was justified

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Would be really weird that the guy who had freedom on all of his run, owuldn't get to revive Jean. That is complete no-sense and fan wishing. He just didn't wanted to do this
    This just fit very well with his work. The last thing of his run to be reversed was Jean dead.
    Even Hickman has editorial over his head. Quesada was THE head honcho at the time, and what he said went even when Morrison was the one with primary creative control of the X-Men. If he didn't want something to happen then it wasn't going to happen, and Jean represented two things that he hated (as Havok mentions). Meanwhile, Jean and Emma were undoubtedly Morrison's pet characters and he even managed to get to do his resurrection arc... but it was a future elseworlds.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He can dislike more than one thing. He was anti-marriage and he also didnt feel as if Jean's original resurrection was justified
    He never thought what she did since her ressurrection justificate it. I don't think Morrison thought any different or even cared. He knew that if he killed her, it would be hard to get her back. Whata bigger prizer for a writer this really is;

Can we all just agree to disagree? This same discussion pops up all the time and quite frankly, its repetitive and boring

Even Hickman has editorial over his head. Quesada was THE head honcho at the time, and what he said went even when Morrison was the one with primary creative control of the X-Men. If he didn't want something to happen then it wasn't going to happen, and Jean represented two things that he hated (as Havok mentions). Meanwhile, Jean and Emma were undoubtedly Morrison's pet characters and he even managed to get to do his resurrection arc... but it was a future elseworlds.
    Quesada would had blocked Magneto thing from ever happening. Quesada also didn't like many mutants.
    It was all solved after Morrison got out of book, not while he was at it. He had eough freedom to write.
    Future alternate timeline isn't ressurrection at all
    I can't feel any love that Morrison has for Jean, much less a pet character

Exactly. And rumours are just rumours. Even if this one has more logic than "I'm Grant Morrison, I was supposed to stay longer on New X-Men, but as I had strong disagreement with editorial, I'm leaving! And yet, I'm leaving in position to impose editorial decisions now"... Great logic lol But some people just hold on the rumours, even the most ridiculous ones.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Quesada would had blocked Magneto thing from ever happening. Quesada also didn't like many mutants.
    It was all solved after Morrison got out of book, not while he was at it. He had eough freedom to write.
    Enough freedom to write? Morrison was pissed and left in bad terms with Marvel. Enough freedom to write? He wasn't even allowed to write flashbacks. He said that literally in an interview.
    Last edited by franckd; 11-19-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Love this rendition of the Red suit

Young Jean by Sami Basri

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quentin being Phoenix will be an other attempt to give it to anyone... but Jean. And then there is 2 ways :
    - Quentin will go Dark (déjà-vu)
    - Quentin will be in full control of it (yes, because writers think neither Jean or Scott could keep sane with it...)
    Can EASILY seeing this being the case, Hickman kept Quire as an Omega level telepath for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    If they don't want Jean to be Phoenix, but have the bird involved, just have it be Rachel. She's the only one who never went dark, and the only one who still thinks of her time as Phoenix as a positive time.
    This is a nitpick and I know you didn't mean it how it's written. But I hate when people say this, Jean didn't just go dark it was gradual and due to external forces working against her. That and while Rachel never went DP, she did have several instances of needing to be talked down or outright stopped in the case of Wolverine. And that's all without mentioning didn't Rachel attempt to destroy the whole of the universe to stop the Beyonder?

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    It is hard to say how Hickman views the Phoenix. He did use it once with Cyclops. Scott as Phoenix in Secret War did sound Jean like or at least seemed to have a feminine voice (or so I thought when I read it). He also used the phoenix egg , which originally came from Here Comes Tomorrow (with Jean) and also used in Phoenix Resurrection (with Jean). This points to him reading the Morrison run.

Hickman did name drop the Phoenix in a data page in Powers of X so I figure the phoenix and Galactus will figure somewhere (or at least the Phoenix and Franklin).

The first data page we got in House of X was the omega mutants, right? I think eventually the omega mutants will play a big role but I don't think it will be soon. I think it will be years from now. I think Hickman was setting a lot of things up and they are playing the long game and planning stories and potential stories for years to come.

At least Jean is still an omega and should have some role to play in hopefully something big in the future.
    Another nitpick but God I hated all of that of all the people you could randomly attach the PF to, of course they chose Cyclops....AGAIN!

Hickman's biggest inspiration is Morrison's run, which he has repeatedly said that he's a fan of - which probably means that he's a fan of Jean with the Phoenix and as Phoenix. It's also why it's shocking that his voice for Jean feels so timid sometimes.

:

Morrison did alot in his run; that doesnt mean that Hickman is a fan of all of it. I think particularly, he loves how Emma was handled and her rise to prominence. So far, I see nothing that inspires his Jean
    All of this and the more I read from Hickman through interviews and books, I agree Emma might be a muse for him. He also mentioned during his Avengers run that he wanted Emma and was denied, maybe he's making up for lost time. But I do not have a good feeling at all about that upcoming Giant Sized issue...maybe I'll be wrong.

Morrison's Jean would have thrown Orchis into the sun and then resurrected the entire X-Men team herself.

And it wouldn't be the first time she'd done something like that.
    Morrison's Jean was a boss even when she was doing little at the start of the series, she'd have kicked all their asses and saved the X-men. She definitely would have been able to create a force field to protect them from the explosion.

Jean vs the U-Men had one of my favorite Jean feats. She telekinetically messed with the molecules of the food they ate and had it go up and down their digestive system, causing them to throw up as a result. It was quite creative as she doesnt often use her TK from within her opponents. She could cause a heart attack, brain seizure or death if she were more ruthless and Morrison had her threaten them with but a glimpse of that

ICONIC!! This is how you do Jean justice, you as a writer have to include those moments of badassery and the compassion there's a balance. But as far as what I've seen some writers aren't interested in pushing Jean's abilities beyond the most of basic of things when she should be capable of so much more imo.

To be honest, Jean didn't panic at all when she saw the U-Men. if the U-men were a threat, do you think that Jean would call the police? Do you think she would ask the police to fight against Magneto or Cassandra Nova? Jean called the police because they were even not a small threat she wanted to deal with. She didn't panic, she was horrified by the police reaction, when they rejected her call, telling her to "help herself Mutie"... Then she decided to give a lesson to the U-men, asking to her student to even participate. Again, do you think Jean would need her student to fight the U-men? Do you think she would put her students in danger, if she thought that the U-Men were a threat? They were barely annoyance.
    One of my favorite moments, she tried it the right way, then decided after the flatscans wouldn't help she'd handle it herself.