Page 549 of 599 FirstFirst ... 49449499539545546547548549550551552553559 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 8978
  1. #8221
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,843

    Default

    Even without the Phoenix, Jean should be a force to be reckoned.
    In fact now that she doesn't have it is the perfect time to show she doesn't depend on it.
    My opinions are my own

  2. #8222
    Mighty Member richalex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Chi
    Posts
    1,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Pink form requires psionic energy to tap into, she was in the middle of space surrounded by robots, still while I believe her basic tk would be enough to avoid being crushed, surviving the abrupt conditions of open space would have killed her for sure especially after all the strain and damage sustained.
    She's flown unaided through space no problems plenty of times without the Phoenix tho...Her Forcefields are usually on the high end of things
    Richard Alexander

  3. #8223
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    She's flown unaided through space no problems plenty of times without the Phoenix tho...Her Forcefields are usually on the high end of things
    Yhea sure, I'm just guessing that due to having to mantain tp transmission, injuries from the explosion, sentinel assaul and shock at scott death she did not have the time to create a properly oxygenated protection from cold and vacuum.
    It's funny because when I saw her behind on the glass at the end of the show, I thought, "That's where she needs to be. In captivity. Behind a glass in a lab somewhere that she can be studied like the psychotic specimen she is."

  4. #8224
    Incredible Member Strong Girl Daken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Jean being the empathic person she is and using her telepathy to connect to Krakoa meant that she was really the only character readers could connect with on the mission. Her expressions in the water and tech at Krakoa were beautiful and her distress sold Xavier's "no more."

    I want to know what Jean thinks about the Phoenix now that resurrection is a regular part of Krakoan life and culture. The Phoenix used many of the same techniques over the years... cocoons/eggs, clones, etc. But we also saw how manipulative it was in Phoenix: Resurrection.

  5. #8225
    Incredible Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Jean being the empathic person she is and using her telepathy to connect to Krakoa meant that she was really the only character readers could connect with on the mission. Her expressions in the water and tech at Krakoa were beautiful and her distress sold Xavier's "no more."

    I want to know what Jean thinks about the Phoenix now that resurrection is a regular part of Krakoan life and culture. The Phoenix used many of the same techniques over the years... cocoons/eggs, clones, etc. But we also saw how manipulative it was in Phoenix: Resurrection.
    Donít get me started on toxic relationship Phoenix lol The Phoenix should burn away lies and not create them. Iíd love to see Jean embrace the Phoenix identity but it would have to be done right and carefully. I want to see Jean shown as a powerhouse without added power but also I love her as Phoenix. The Phoenix should be tied to her omega level telepathy imo...like when her power reaches that undefinable upper limit she automatically plugs into it.

  6. #8226
    Incredible Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Even without the Phoenix, Jean should be a force to be reckoned.
    In fact now that she doesn't have it is the perfect time to show she doesn't depend on it.
    You are not wrong! At least we had X-men Red.

  7. #8227
    Mighty Member darewithpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,944

    Default



    happy halloween jean fans !
    we can be heroes, just for one day

  8. #8228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post


    happy halloween jean fans !
    Spooky! I love this.

    Happy Halloween!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  9. #8229
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,843

    Default

    Happy Halloweeng!
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    My opinions are my own

  10. #8230
    Spectacular Member Omega_DCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    140

    Default

    IMO, in X-Men Red, during the attack on Atlantis, Jean was both providing protection from the Ocean pressure for herself and Gentle, and also filtering the water for breathable air

    I'm hoping X-Force has her do something competent with her TK...so far since this run began, all she's done telekinetically is levitate some dinner plates

    And I agree with MechaJeanix, when Jean pushes herself or is amplified, she naturally plugs into the Phoenix. It's an extension of her natural abilities, as she has so stated herself...she doesn't need to be "possessed", like some other hosts.

    Examples:

    The first raw manifestation of her power when connected to Annie's mind and halting her transition to death for a moment, caught the attention of the Phoenix

    The effort of trying to protect herself from the solar flare radiation, halting her own death despite her physical decay, for moments, until her union with the Phoenix

    In early X-Factor, a mutant with power boost abilities amps the Alliance of Evil, Jean is shielding herself telekinetic from Stinger's amped up electric bolts, and Cyclops starts to see the Phoenix effect from the aura around Jean's shield

    After OZT while they are in Alaska for Scott's recuperation, Jean manifests a Phoenix effect and declares she's no longer suppressing her powers because of the fears of others

    Revolution, loses her TK, TP is boosted, and her focused TP attack takes on the form of a Phoenix raptor

    NXM, her TK returns and so begins tapping into the Force in earnest

    The trend follows in some non 616 stories too, like AOA Jean shielding the area from the bombs with her TK, and transforming into Phoenix after Havok "kills" her

    Or X-Men forever, when Fabian Cortez amps her power, she immediately manifests a Phoenix effect and releases a tremendous amount of energy

  11. #8231
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    IMO, in X-Men Red, during the attack on Atlantis, Jean was both providing protection from the Ocean pressure for herself and Gentle, and also filtering the water for breathable air

    I'm hoping X-Force has her do something competent with her TK...so far since this run began, all she's done telekinetically is levitate some dinner plates

    And I agree with MechaJeanix, when Jean pushes herself or is amplified, she naturally plugs into the Phoenix. It's an extension of her natural abilities, as she has so stated herself...she doesn't need to be "possessed", like some other hosts.

    Examples:

    The first raw manifestation of her power when connected to Annie's mind and halting her transition to death for a moment, caught the attention of the Phoenix

    The effort of trying to protect herself from the solar flare radiation, halting her own death despite her physical decay, for moments, until her union with the Phoenix

    In early X-Factor, a mutant with power boost abilities amps the Alliance of Evil, Jean is shielding herself telekinetic from Stinger's amped up electric bolts, and Cyclops starts to see the Phoenix effect from the aura around Jean's shield

    After OZT while they are in Alaska for Scott's recuperation, Jean manifests a Phoenix effect and declares she's no longer suppressing her powers because of the fears of others

    Revolution, loses her TK, TP is boosted, and her focused TP attack takes on the form of a Phoenix raptor

    NXM, her TK returns and so begins tapping into the Force in earnest

    The trend follows in some non 616 stories too, like AOA Jean shielding the area from the bombs with her TK, and transforming into Phoenix after Havok "kills" her

    Or X-Men forever, when Fabian Cortez amps her power, she immediately manifests a Phoenix effect and releases a tremendous amount of energy
    Very informative recap of past events, thanks for the excellent post!
    It's funny because when I saw her behind on the glass at the end of the show, I thought, "That's where she needs to be. In captivity. Behind a glass in a lab somewhere that she can be studied like the psychotic specimen she is."

  12. #8232

  13. #8233
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Sexiest hellfire queen ever
    It's funny because when I saw her behind on the glass at the end of the show, I thought, "That's where she needs to be. In captivity. Behind a glass in a lab somewhere that she can be studied like the psychotic specimen she is."

  14. #8234
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    Gorgeous! Almost looks like an action figure with a luxurous silk cloak!

  15. #8235
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,843

    Default

    I wonder from which book this cover will be.

    Also, this is so pretty
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Dx8Rve
    (neilson-melo-262.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-31-2019 at 02:27 PM.
    My opinions are my own

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •