Page 324 of 626 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334374424 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 9381
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

This is my favorite depiction of the dress:

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I think they should tweak the mask a bit and shrink the pointy top part down to regular size and it would look better. I didn’t like the green x-factor look till they got rid of the part covering her hair and then I loved it esp the Red x-factor look.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I think they should tweak the mask a bit and shrink the pointy top part down to regular size and it would look better. I didn’t like the green x-factor look till they got rid of the part covering her hair and then I loved it esp the Red x-factor look.
    I think I'd make it a pointed domino mask (so that it doesn't go over the hair), better gloves, and different boots. Add some tights, like they did on the cover of X-Force, but better - probably green, or if they're yellow the new boots would be green - and I think the design would be fine.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Love the costume and so badly want this statue, but it’s soooooo expensiiiiiiive!!!

66913B02-032E-4DD8-B113-6E973A76F804.jpg

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Interestingly enough, the green miniskirt is perhaps one of the Jean uniforms that gets referenced the most other than perhaps the Phoenix uniforms. She wore it in the Dark Phoenix Saga, when her teenage self got memories of the future from Beast, and Deadpool famously wore the costume once.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Deadpool is an avid Jean cosplayer
    D8qzSyTX4AEhn3v.jpg
    D8qzh6aWsAIwix4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    Interestingly enough, the green miniskirt is perhaps one of the Jean uniforms that gets referenced the most other than perhaps the Phoenix uniforms. She wore it in the Dark Phoenix Saga, when her teenage self got memories of the future from Beast, and Deadpool famously wore the costume once.
    The most iconic costumes are definitely Phoenix, 90s, the dress, and New X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I liked her green dress in Age of XMan. Not sure why she needs the mask. It just looks so outdated. But the green dress itself looks okay. She can be Marvel Girl without the mask.

But I a feeling that since this is a reboot of the Xuniverse they wanted to go back to basics for Jean before reintroducing her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Marvel should have let her keep the X-men Red costume if they didn't want to create a new one.
    XMen Red Costume was ugly. Besides XMen Red is best forgotten. Now that Jean has joined an XForce team I doubt she is taking the pacificist approach. We’ll likely see her kick ass.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    XMen Red Costume was ugly. Besides XMen Red is best forgotten. Now that Jean has joined an XForce team I doubt she is taking the pacificist approach. We’ll likely see her kick ass.
    Red is a lot better than marvel girl dress

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Jean being okay with Krakoa is diametrically opposed to the stance that she took in X-Men Red, so I don't actually think that - in her right mind - Jean would be overly fond of a singular, sovereign nation for mutantkind as a whole because of the problems that they've presented in the past. That was the whole conceit of the Mutant Nation that Jean wanted to establish. She wanted mutants to be granted amnesty, in a way, yes - but she didn't want them in one place where they could have a target painted on their backs.
    Her overly passive stance got the XMen sucked into Nate’s world. As a consequence of this there were attempts to wipe Mutants out. I’m sure she changed her mind in how she wants to deal with things. And she is going to be in XForce.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think Jean would oppose what Xavier is doing but as others have said her vision on Red was very different.
    Given how important was Red for Jean it is surprising that part was ignored. The X-men always end up losing or getting killed when they make a country or nation and this time will be no different.
    Isolationism has never worked for them, they are not the inhumans.
    Without a nation she almost got killed off anyway. Since they can return from the dead it’s worth the risk. Now that Marvel has full rights they decided to reconceptualize the XMen for the movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hope the comments by Hickman are a red herring and that there is an in story reason why she is in it. It could be that creep Xavier is responsible for this as it represents when she was younger, less powerful and most obedient to him. I find it hard to believe that only she has gone back to her original individual costume nor that its Larraz's favorite that he wanted to draw. IMO I think this is an obvious sign that something is off with Jean and I expect a moment when she is freed from X's influence that she changes her outfit to reflect that
    She went back to that outfit in Age of XMan. It looks better than her XMen Red Costume.

I doubt she’ll be in it long term, though.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Her overly passive stance got the XMen sucked into Nate’s world. As a consequence of this there were attempts to wipe Mutants out. I’m sure she changed her mind in how she wants to deal with things. And she is going to be in XForce.
    Since Jean, Beast and QQ who's a kid are there, it's clear it's not the X-Force of the past. They are not going to be executing people in cold blood.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Yeah, at least Jean and Beast are people who would usually dislike a hardcore X-force. I don't think they would be there if they are too violent. Specially Beast.