Page 515 of 626 FirstFirst ... 15415465505511512513514515516517518519525565615 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,725 of 9381
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

No, it definitely does extend to adult Jean. Rosenberg, Taylor, Thompson, Thompson, Nadler and Brisson all wrote her - for the most part - well.

It's clearly a Hickman thing.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 10-17-2019 at 04:45 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Don't put Rosenberg in that group. Baaaad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Don't put Rosenberg in that group. Baaaad.
    H epitched jean return, at least he seems like a fan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    H epitched jean return, at least he seems like a fan
    You can ask any writer if they want a crack at a semi-important X-Men story and they are going to say yes. She didn't come back because they just loved Rosenberg's idea so much. She was already coming back and they asked him how he would do it.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I would like to know about the process of bringing Jean back from the death. When I started reading these books the idea of Jean coming back seemed very difficult. Like Marvel just didn't want to bring her back.
    It should have been a big and difficult decision regardless of who took it.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I would like to know about the process of bringing Jean back from the death. When I started reading these books the idea of Jean coming back seemed very difficult. Like Marvel just didn't want to bring her back.
    It was never difficult to bring Jean back. She is the one character that it was probably the easiest. She was kept dead simply bc those in charge at Marvel were against it. The decision to bring her back happened when the X-line was at a low point where several of its heavy hitters were also dead and the editor in chief was on his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was never difficult to bring Jean back. She is the one character that it was probably the easiest. She was kept dead simply bc those in charge at Marvel were against it
    Well, in universe it was easy but I mean behind the scenes, on our real world. Even today there are writers, editors or even people like Claremont that want her dead.

I really would like to know how it all happened. Lot of writers with bigger status on Marvel wanted and editorial said no

BANNED

The grudges against characters are not just a forum thing and she in particular has MASSIVE haters. And don't you dare intimate the idea of her getting uppity and doing something besides setting dishes; there is usually hell to pay. So she's dead often.

Well, in universe it was easy but I mean behind the scenes, on our real world. Even today there are writers, editors or even people like Claremont that want her dead.
    Clairemont wanted her dead because he wanted death to have consequence, and never intended to bring anyone back once they died. He also had a long term plan to have older X-Men retire, and newer ones take over that also got vetoed.

The story as it has been explained to me is that there was a lot of ambiguity with the former Comics Code, and where Jean stood regarding the D'Bari. Hence the retcon to absolve her of that to get around the Code.

The death in Morrison's run was supposed to be a lead-in to Jean coming back stronger than before, with her finishing her arc of overcoming her fear of being Phoenix and fully rising to full power. But then we get the weird story of where Grant Morrison's problems end and where Joe Quesada's start. Quesada was IMHO the one to keep her dead out of desire to constantly change the Marvel status quo.

On topic of Rosenberg I don't think he is a good Jean/Phoenix writer. I detest his take on the Phoenix. He sees them as separate characters and feels that the Phoenix overshadows Jean, which is odd because when people think Phoenix they think of Jean. If anything she overshadows it.

I hated the scenes with Jean's breakup with the Phoenix. It just rubs me the wrong way. I would like to see someone fix it. He sees the Phoenix as a destructive force and it seems like he sees it purely as a negative force/power, something that takes away from her instead of adding.

His take was definitely not the take of Claremont or Morrison. Both wrote an intimate connection between Jean and the Phoenix.

Rosenberg, Brisson, and Thompson did ok with Jean in Disassembled but still not great. Taylor did really good with Jean even though she lacked her fiery aspect of her personality. For me, Morrison is the top Jean writer with Claremont close second. I like Taylor and I loved Dennis Hopeless' Jean. Bendis also did great with Teen Jean as did Bunn. Jean has had some good writers.

I don't think the phoenix issue comes from Rosenberg but from editorial. Taylor was also working with that take.

I don't think the phoenix issue comes from Rosenberg but from editorial. Taylor was also working with that take.
    Rosenberg was given an outline but he was given free reign with the execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rosenberg was given an outline but he was given free reign with the execution.
    Yes, but Marvel doesn't wan Jean to be phoenix. I personally don't think that Jean being phoenix or not was on him

Yes, but Marvel doesn't wan Jean to be phoenix. I personally don't think that Jean being phoenix or not was on him
    The problem wasnt Jean back in the X-men without the PF, bc Im fine with that. Its how she outright rejected it and it was treated like a horrible destructive force she needed to get away from. That was all on Rosenberg