Page 321 of 626 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    She hasnt done it, doesnt mean she cant. She knows everything teen Jean knows because they are the same person.
    I know it doesn't make sense. I'm just repeating what JDW said.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

My thoughts:

spoilers:
    It was nice to see Jean reaffirmed as an Omega Level Mutant. I know she's often been referred to one in the past, but people often like to disregard that and undervalue Jean's power. Like most I was surprised to see her telepathy being the one chosen, seeing as how most have always put an emphasis on her TK, but I'm sure that was done intentionally on Hickman's part. I think its fair to have only one of her powers be deemed reaching omega level, so that she doesn't become too OP. I'm hoping/expecting to see some cool stuff done with Jean's telepathy. Showing off all she can do, and why the Island is protective over its Omega Level Mutants could be a cool moment.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 07-24-2019 at 10:57 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    spoilers:
    It was nice to see Jean reaffirmed as an Omega Level Mutant. I know she's often been referred to one in the past, but people often like to disregard that and undervalue Jean's power. Like most I was surprised to see her telepathy being the one chosen, seeing as how most have always put an emphasis on her TK, but I'm sure that was done intentionally on Hickman's part. I think its fair to have only one of her powers be deemed reaching omega level, so that she doesn't become too OP. I'm hoping/expecting to see some cool stuff done with Jean's telepathy. Showing off all she can do, and why the Island is protective over its Omega Level Mutants could be a cool moment.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It kindda makes sense, since her telepathic powers is what the Phoenix noticed when she was young. My take is that 'Telepathy' is the gateway to all psionic powers/potential. And Jeen's Omega Level telepathy is what brought out the pink form to begin with as well as her telekinetic prowess. I hope Hickman treats it that way.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I know it doesn't make sense. I'm just repeating what JDW said.
    yeah seems like JDW doesn't want to bring it

One thing that Hickman better do is showcase WHY spoilers:
    she is an omega level TP. No more her trying to use it on her opponents and they are resistant to it. Jean has been made so ineffective with her TP so many times and its primarily used as a telephone. He needs to give her feats and she needs to actually be allowed to be powerful without outside help from Cerebro or other psis boosting her
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Some thoughts concerning reasons for Jean's Omega TP status:
    We've seen it extend beyond the range of regular telepathy like with psychometry and influencing/inhabiting animals. We may want to include her empathy as well. As teen Jean, she was able to mop the floor with other telepaths like the Cuckoos, Emma, and Xavier Jr. And recently in X-Men Red we've seen Jean take on Cassandra Nova. Prof. X has also acknowledged time and again Jean is more powerful than him. Furthermore, we know that her TP and TK are intertwined. Even though it's only her TP that's classified as Omega, we've seen her use her TP to boost her TK (like in the pink form), and I don't think any other TP has done that. So in a sense, her TK can reach Omega-like status. She just needs something like her own TP or the Phoenix Force to increase it to that level.
    I can concede Exodus's Omega TK status because he was able to take on both the Avengers and X-Men while simultaneously surrounding Genosha with a giant crushing force field during the Bloodties crossover. (Of course, we haven't seen him perform feats like that since, but it established his upper limit is very high.)
    end of spoilers

Why are we spoilering the discussion? Is it because some people haven't read the issue yet?

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Why are we spoilering the discussion? Is it because some people haven't read the issue yet?
    I don't know if it's a written rule, but generally, spoiler tags are required for anything involving current issues except in the issue's spoiler thread (like the House of X #1 thread) or any thread with the word "spoiler" in the title. Of course, people break that rule all the time, because some don't mind it and people assume everyone has read the issue if they're coming on the boards. Personally, I like to spoil tag my posts for at least the day an issue is released, since I know some people like to go in completely fresh.

Fantastic Member

If i remember correctly it was a power up, Jean sucked the psy energies of everybody around her to empower herself
    It was cool and a tremendous edge agains other telepaths but she can't do that anymore
    The Pink Form was OP against anybody imo not just telepaths. With it she went toe to toe with Gladiator, faced Galactus, destroyed Xavier Jr etc Not to mention that her Telekinisis as a teen is at such a level that she can recreate her entire body.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    spoilers:
    Some thoughts concerning reasons for Jean's Omega TP status:
    We've seen it extend beyond the range of regular telepathy like with psychometry and influencing/inhabiting animals. We may want to include her empathy as well. As teen Jean, she was able to mop the floor with other telepaths like the Cuckoos, Emma, and Xavier Jr. And recently in X-Men Red we've seen Jean take on Cassandra Nova. Prof. X has also acknowledged time and again Jean is more powerful than him. Furthermore, we know that her TP and TK are intertwined. Even though it's only her TP that's classified as Omega, we've seen her use her TP to boost her TK (like in the pink form), and I don't think any other TP has done that. So in a sense, her TK can reach Omega-like status. She just needs something like her own TP or the Phoenix Force to increase it to that level.
    end of spoilers
    I can agree with this.
    spoilers:
    Although Jean has shown powerful feats with TK without the use of her TP to boost. TK boosted by TP is the Pink form. Although we forget that Jean's TP can be OP since with she can create the Phoenix Raptor which could make formidable Damage. Do we forget the Revolution run? Also, the Phoenix Force makes Jean's TK way beyond Omega level... She has TK control on Universal scale. That's what all the guidebooks and Marvel say all the time. Exodus will never have feats like that.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I don't know if it's a written rule, but generally, spoiler tags are required for anything involving current issues except in the issue's spoiler thread (like the House of X #1 thread) or any thread with the word "spoiler" in the title. Of course, people break that rule all the time, because some don't mind it and people assume everyone has read the issue if they're coming on the boards. Personally, I like to spoil tag my posts for at least the day an issue is released, since I know some people like to go in completely fresh.
    I assume we can get rid of spoiler tags tomorrow.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hope they still keep her a powerdul telekinetic. It is the most useful power on battle and is so iconic.
    telephaty requires creative writers that care in order to be used correctly, which sadly are rare.

BANNED

As I remember, she is the FIRST classified OMEGA LEVEL MUTANT. BOTH her TP and her TK are Omega level. That’s not up for discussion. It been proven time and time again. Hell, she gifted Psylocke with her power and came back with her TK even stronger than before! The classification of OMEGA (or of the “Highest Order”) class as a TELEPATH was a classification that existed waaayyy before the OMEGA level classification was first used for the power level of a MUTANT (regardless of the power form) which, I believe, started in X:Men FOREVER as I remember. Two different things. Jean is an omega class telepath and an Omega level mutant.

Looking at the SDCC pics on twitter and it puts a smile on my face to see so many Jean cosplayers.
    First X-Lady

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

I wonder how Jean's gonna feel about Krakoa's aggressive diplomacy? It seems that Jean likes the idea of a country where mutants are going to be safe but Jean never seemed like someone who would want conflict with humanity. Considering how the X-Men have been acting in House of X, I can only hope that Jean will keep her moral compass.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    I wonder how Jean's gonna feel about Krakoa's aggressive diplomacy? It seems that Jean likes the idea of a country where mutants are going to be safe but Jean never seemed like someone who would want conflict with humanity. Considering how the X-Men have been acting in House of X, I can only hope that Jean will keep her moral compass.
    Jean being okay with Krakoa is diametrically opposed to the stance that she took in X-Men Red, so I don't actually think that - in her right mind - Jean would be overly fond of a singular, sovereign nation for mutantkind as a whole because of the problems that they've presented in the past. That was the whole conceit of the Mutant Nation that Jean wanted to establish. She wanted mutants to be granted amnesty, in a way, yes - but she didn't want them in one place where they could have a target painted on their backs.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey