Page 408 of 626 FirstFirst ... 308358398404405406407408409410411412418458508 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Still have Emma, Rachel, Quentin, Betsy. this would have been really creepy
    Emma is the only one of those that has appeared in this story so far and she's not an omega. Besides none of them have that special connection with Xavier that Jean has. It is creepy but its not out of the blue

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Lol funny coming from Mr "OMG AOX IS DISGUSTING THEY'RE GONNA DESTROY JEAN TO PROP UP BISHOP"
    yeah talk about pot calling kettle black

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

I liked the issue overall. The only thing I didn't quite like was Jean acting as if she needed Monet.

However, Morrison did have Jean get nervous from time to time such as when she wanted to call the police when the U-Men started to attack. She calmed down and then kicked ass. She also got nervous before her press conference.

Wasn’t crazy about Jean’s role in this issue. As you all have said, I feel Hickman isn’t doing her justice and if this style of writing regarding Jean continues, it could potentially damage her character. It’s difficult to believe this Jean is the same powerful confident Jean Grey who appeared in Morrison’s New X-Men & X-Men Red. One other good reason I can think of as to why Monét was so keen for Jean to escape is, her Omega level status. In the first book it mentioned that all Omegas were precious resources. Therefore She’s valuable to Krakoa and Xavier’s mission, maybe that could explain her passive role in this issue and why Monét was so eager for her to escape, despite the end result of said escape.. people are making out that she was useless in this issue yet the telepathic fear of maintaining contact with Xavier while in space and the team simultaneously was an integral role to this issue and a rather powerful feat at that. Fingers crossed she’s gets a better display in future issues but I don’t have that much hope in Hickman to be honest, even thought the story is fantastic, his treatment of Jean is rather lacking..

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Wasn’t crazy about Jean’s role in this issue. As you all have said, I feel Hickman isn’t doing her justice and if this style of writing regarding Jean continues, it could potentially damage her character. It’s difficult to believe this Jean is the same powerful confident Jean Grey who appeared in Morrison’s New X-Men & X-Men Red. One other good reason I can think of as to why Monét was so keen for Jean to escape is, her Omega level status. In the first book it mentioned that all Omegas were precious resources. Therefore She’s valuable to Krakoa and Xavier’s mission, maybe that could explain her passive role in this issue and why Monét was so eager for her to escape, despite the end result of said escape.. people are making out that she was useless in this issue yet the telepathic fear of maintaining contact with Xavier while in space and the team simultaneously was an integral role to this issue and a rather powerful feat at that. Fingers crossed she’s gets a better display in future issues but I don’t have that much hope in Hickman to be honest, even thought the story is fantastic, his treatment of Jean is rather lacking..
    Considering she is an omega and precious resource for Krakoa, it makes even less sense why she was sacrificed for this mission. She didnt do anything but act as a long range cellphone. They have tech that does the same thing and they could have spared Jean had they used it

BANNED

Jean is an Omega Mutant.

All Hickman needed to do is have her put everyone to sleep. And the X-Men battle Karima. Done. I didn't like that he barely had her use her TK. Kinda sucks.

I refuse to believe that a shadow organization comprised of multiple other shadow organizations united to stop mutants is not prepared for telepathy. Like, they should also be ready for Magneto and the book should explain how they are, but TP's a given.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    I think you may be right. In addition to maintaining the psi-link with Xavier, Jean is an omega and an important resource on Krakoa. So Monet and the others may have considered Jean's life to be more valuable to the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I refuse to believe that a shadow organization comprised of multiple other shadow organizations united to stop mutants is not prepared for telepathy. Like, they should also be ready for Magneto and the book should explain how they are, but TP's a given.
    They weren't expected to be discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Jean is an Omega Mutant.

All Hickman needed to do is have her put everyone to sleep. And the X-Men battle Karima. Done. I didn't like that he barely had her use her TK. Kinda sucks.
    My guess is that he needed everyone to die to do whatever he's going to do in the next issues (my guess would be that the payoff will be in HoX 5, the issues remarked in red in the list have been the ones to make the big changes) the in universe explanation could be that she was using all of her powers maintaining the connections

yeah but she's an omega telepath. If Hickman is going to make it a point to clarify that she is one (over the more obvious choice of TK), then its up to him to showcase why and having her breech and crush their anti-TP tech would have done that.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    I think you may be right. In addition to maintaining the psi-link with Xavier, Jean is an omega and an important resource on Krakoa. So Monet and the others may have considered Jean's life to be more valuable to the mission.
    why was she even there though to begin with? The psi-link was stupid bc Jean added nothing that couldnt have been accomplished with a communicator. Being a cellphone for people is the least impressive use of TP. The fact that she did what she did was a feat but not one that proved why she needed to be on this mission
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-04-2019 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They weren't expected to be discovered.
    Getting your big robots ready to defend you is something that you need to know to prepare in advance, TP resistance is not. Iron Man didn't know the Hate Wave was coming in Axis, but it missed him because TP is a frequency that can be easily disrupted by tech or the right material.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah but she's an omega telepath. If Hickman is going to make it a point to clarify that she is one (over the more obvious choice of TK), then its up to him to showcase why and having her breech and crush their anti-TP tech would have done that.
    Is that really a show of strength, or is that TP being a shitty power again?

Is that really a show of strength, or is that TP being a shitty power again?
    If we have it shown to have M's TP completely ineffective against it but it do nothing to Jean, then it would be a show of strength (although admittedly M's not that powerful anyway). Jean's TP tends to get nerfed due to tech or people with TP-resistance. It would be a good showing to have her overcome that for once

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Jean was definitely weird in this situation and she seemed like a new member on the team who just got their powers. I don't think Hickman wrote her as weak but that her reach from outer space all the way back to Earth is just not possible. I have no idea if Jean was able to do this in the past but it didn't seem out of touch to use Monet's assistance.

I was ready for Jean to burst out as the Phoenix hen the Sentinels jumped her but alas...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Lol funny coming from Mr "OMG AOX IS DISGUSTING THEY'RE GONNA DESTROY JEAN TO PROP UP BISHOP"
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah talk about pot calling kettle black
    Hello!