Page 561 of 626 FirstFirst ... 61461511551557558559560561562563564565571611 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,415 of 9381
    BANNED

I liked it in general, but as a 1st issue it was pretty darned good.

ItÂ’s a rainy day here in San Antonio, and because IÂ’m desperate for more Jean, I decided to color Dyego JackÂ’s X-men Red Jean into her new color scheme. I added the video game lining on her chest for detail
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It has nothing to do with "RightClops". He was written with zero leadership abilities whatsoever. Zero combat ability whatsoever. He was written as a gutless, mealy-mouthed suicidally depressed idiot. There was nothing other than his appearance to indicate that this Scott is from any X-Men comics in their whole history, outside of maybe Tyke.

All of this and he was the actual lead of the title, but carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    you are making gymnastics. Prominent is someone that shows up a lot and do important things. Hickman Lied

Everyone in that run was incompetent. Scott was hardly alone being badly written

Thank you!!!

The point I was making was there is a lot worse than having your fave be the lead of the narrative in team book. It's worse when you consider the number of character who are actually written as PsychoEFrost described. The difference is they don't get multiple opportunities to lead the flagship title, look at poor Blindfold and Wolfsbane. Besides comparing that to an actual shift in the entirety of the X-men's status quo is a bit much! Especially when Jean was given much, much less to work with!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    That's why you shouldn't take any of this seriously. For one, it is pure hypocrisy. Two, it's just plain silly because it's the very privileged complaining about the opinions of the middle class.

This is like Jean fans trying to tell people how to react to the way Storm has been handled in recent decades, which would be super clownish.

You're happy because you like the way your favorite character was handled. Nobody is obligated to appreciate the character work the same way, especially when the majority, who we must note loves the story overall, also acknowledges that the version of Jean Grey was terrible, like last season of Daenerys terrible.
    This is the second part, it would be different if we weren't all in agreement about his Jean, the differences is apparently you can't call out Hickman...but Rosenberg is free game I can not imagine why...
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 11-08-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The more I see of the green/yellow, the more I like it! Nice coloring, Marvelboy1974.

Sketch cover

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    ItÂ’s a rainy day here in San Antonio, and because IÂ’m desperate for more Jean, I decided to color Dyego JackÂ’s X-men Red Jean into her new color scheme. I added the video game lining on her chest for detail
    Looks good. I def want to see more of this look. I wonder if it will be Jean's new look or will it be a uniform that she only uses for the Giant Sized issue. It seems like Jean's current branding is her Marvel Girl look, but I would love to see her in something really new. I complained about the X-men Red look and now I complain about the MG costume. I think both are ok costumes but I'd rather see Jean in something a bit different. I don't like the head sock looks and I definitely do not like the mini-skirt look.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I don't think Marvel knows what to do with Jean in regards to her look right now. People complained about the new costume in Red, and they're complaining about the mini dress at the moment with good reason. The fact is that the most iconic Jean appearance is likely one that editorial considers off limits - the Phoenix costume. Outside of that her most iconic look is either 90s or the mini dress; they're well aware the 90s costume is **** so they tried their hand at it with the Red costume that didn't catch at first, then after that it was the Marvel Girl dress which cause some uproar, now they're trying a recolored Red look. We'll see if that works.

Outside of that I'd just put her back in the Morrison duds because they're the fourth most iconic look for her (Black Queen aside) and despite being bland (we can doctor the colors up to be green and gold to fix that) the outfit has no real stigma attached.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I don't think Marvel knows what to do with Jean in regards to her look right now. People complained about the new costume in Red, and they're complaining about the mini dress at the moment with good reason. The fact is that the most iconic Jean appearance is likely one that editorial considers off limits - the Phoenix costume. Outside of that her most iconic look is either 90s or the mini dress; they're well aware the 90s costume is **** so they tried their hand at it with the Red costume that didn't catch at first, then after that it was the Marvel Girl dress which cause some uproar, now they're trying a recolored Red look. We'll see if that works.

Outside of that I'd just put her back in the Morrison duds because they're the fourth most iconic look for her (Black Queen aside) and despite being bland (we can doctor the colors up to be green and gold to fix that) the outfit has no real stigma attached.
    No real stigma? I'm not the only one that doesn't like what Morrison did with Jean.

Recoloured Red outfit should do nicely, but I think it needs some black. Maybe just make it black and green so it can look like her Evolution outfit.

Jeen's solo/Blue outfit new it needed the black, but I always see the Jamaican flag in it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    All of this and he was the actual lead of the title, but carry on...

Thank you!!!

The point I was making was there is a lot worse than having your fave be the lead of the narrative in team book. It's worse when you consider the number of character who are actually written as PsychoEFrost described. The difference is they don't get multiple opportunities to lead the flagship title, look at poor Blindfold and Wolfsbane. Besides comparing that to an actual shift in the entirety of the X-men's status quo is a bit much! Especially when Jean was given much, much less to work with!

This is the second part, it would be different if we weren't all in agreement about his Jean, the differences is apparently you can't call out Hickman...but Rosenberg is free game I can not imagine why...
    Rosenberg and Guggemheim are open card to criticize, but don't dare to do it with Hickman.

The good thing about Scott is that he is always the leader on bad or good times, and he can't be demoted from it.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

No real stigma? I'm not the only one that doesn't like what Morrison did with Jean.
    That doesn't have anything to do with the look and I think that most fans are unbiased enough to know and to admit that the New X-Men look is one of Jean's best, if also one of the simplest.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Recoloured Red outfit should do nicely, but I think it needs some black. Maybe just make it black and green so it can look like her Evolution outfit.

Jeen's solo/Blue outfit new it needed the black, but I always see the Jamaican flag in it now.
    Maybe throw some black on the legs for some color blockage. That's the fatal flaw of the Red costume: there's too much of one color in one place at any given time. The armor you can get away with and make work, and the arms are fine, but the legs need some sort of design with an alternate color to set some of that off.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I would love it if Jean was in the New X-men look while everyone else was in more traditional costumes. I never liked that the X-men went back to colorful costumes in the Whedon series (Astonishing X-men).

I can't tell you how I excited I was when Ghost Jean was in the New X-men uniform. Too bad it didn't last.

That doesn't have anything to do with the look and I think that most fans are unbiased enough to know and to admit that the New X-Men look is one of Jean's best, if also one of the simplest.
    I don't think fans are unbiased by the last demostrations on twitter. For me it lacks color and is just normal clothes.

I don't think fans are unbiased by the last demostrations on twitter. For me it lacks color and is just normal clothes.
    Why does it need to be colorful? It's comfortable and practical and realistically something she would wear, and is not at all revealing which is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Why does it need to be colorful? It's comfortable and practical and realistically something she would wear, and is not at all revealing which is a bonus.
    Jean looks a lot better with colors like green and blue. New x-men is too plain and boring, also 2000s dated