Page 141 of 626 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I saw it. I also see Jean Grey in her old Marvel Girl uniform and in her Dark Phoenix form. The possibilities have me very excited.
    no that's rachel in her phoenix form, not Jean

rachel3b.jpg
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    no that's rachel in her phoenix form, not Jean

rachel3b.jpg
    Yeah that's Rachel in her late Excalibur Phoenix outfit. It was also the uniform Rachel wore when she was restored to the timeline in Cable Vol 1.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah that's Rachel in her late Excalibur Phoenix outfit. It was also the uniform Rachel wore when she was restored to the timeline in Cable Vol 1.
    Though Rachel is wearing the original Dark Phoenix outfit. That panel is meant to be misleading as many of those characters are DEAD, or it's clearly past versions of the characters or altered future characters. So we see a Jean Grey in a Marvel Girl outfit and we see a Phoenix in the Dark Phoenix outfit that could be Jean or Rachel. Her fire hair seems to be longer than Rachel, and we have seen Jean at times with fire her as the Phoenix (HCT tomorrow for example). It's really hard to tell now, but the cover for June shows Rachel as a hound version of Phoenix.

So we will just have to wait to see. The Dark Phoenix movie is coming out in three months and Disney finished taking over Fox, and I'd be surprised if the comics didn't have some sort of tie in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Really bad that Hickman choose Marvel Girl jean to write on his event. At least Jean is alive
    The image shows characters that are clearly dead, and it shows characters who are clearly in their past looks. It maybe a homage to all these characters. It doesn't necessarily mean everyone will appear that way. A woman looking like Miss Sinister is shown with Magik's soulsword. Lilandra is shown there. See my previous comments about Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The image shows characters that are clearly dead, and it shows characters who are clearly in their past looks. It maybe a homage to all these characters. It doesn't necessarily mean everyone will appear that way. A woman looking like Miss Sinister is shown with Magik's soulsword. Lilandra is shown there. See my previous comments about Phoenix.
    Cebulkski said: they are there for a reason. it is more than a simple homage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Cebulkski said: they are there for a reason. it is more than a simple homage
    Being there for a reason does not mean that they will appear exactly as they appear in the poster, though.

Though Rachel is wearing the original Dark Phoenix outfit. That panel is meant to be misleading as many of those characters are DEAD, or it's clearly past versions of the characters or altered future characters. So we see a Jean Grey in a Marvel Girl outfit and we see a Phoenix in the Dark Phoenix outfit that could be Jean or Rachel. Her fire hair seems to be longer than Rachel, and we have seen Jean at times with fire her as the Phoenix (HCT tomorrow for example). It's really hard to tell now, but the cover for June shows Rachel as a hound version of Phoenix.

So we will just have to wait to see. The Dark Phoenix movie is coming out in three months and Disney finished taking over Fox, and I'd be surprised if the comics didn't have some sort of tie in.
    the dark phoenix on the promo art has houndmarks and rachel had longer hair when she used the dark phoenix costume, that's rachel depicted on the teaser, to know why I guess we will have to wait for further details
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    the dark phoenix on the promo art has houndmarks and rachel had longer hair when she used the dark phoenix costume, that's rachel depicted on the teaser, to know why I guess we will have to wait for further details
    That image also has a child Storm and Mohawk Storm, Weapon X Wolverine, a child Havok, among other things I just cannot see happening. I wouldn't take it too literally. We'll have to wait for further details. Marvel Girl is standing next to the original Thunderbird. Rachel is standing next to a sentinel. It seems to be depicting different things from different aspects of X-Men history. These things may mean something, but we should not take them literally, and certainly not without more evidence.

That image also has a child Storm and Mohawk Storm, Weapon X Wolverine, a child Havok, among other things I just cannot see happening. I wouldn't take it too literally. We'll have to wait for further details. Marvel Girl is standing next to the original Thunderbird. Rachel is standing next to a sentinel. It seems to be depicting different things from different aspects of X-Men history. These things may mean something, but we should not take them literally, and certainly not without more evidence.
    no one is taking them literally, the only fact here is that they divulged an image with different incarnations of x-men characters, in this case the phoenix depicted it's rachel , as I said before we won't know what it means until we get further details

rac03.jpg rac02.jpg rac01.jpg
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-24-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Take this with a grain of salt. There are leaked rumors floating around about mutants in the MCU.

-The first mutants to debut in the MCU will be Prof X, Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops and Jean Grey.
    -Anna Sophia Robb, Skyler Day, Greer Grammer and Emma Stone are in consideration to play Jean.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    take this with a grain of salt. There are leaked rumors floating around about mutants in the mcu.

-the first mutants to debut in the mcu will be prof x, wolverine, storm, cyclops and jean grey.
    -anna sophia robb, skyler day, greer grammer and emma stone are in consideration to play jean.
    the age of wolverine will last for another millennia!

All hail god-emperor jackman!

Take this with a grain of salt. There are leaked rumors floating around about mutants in the MCU.

-The first mutants to debut in the MCU will be Prof X, Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops and Jean Grey.
    -Anna Sophia Robb, Skyler Day, Greer Grammer and Emma Stone are in consideration to play Jean.
    I went trough various pictures of the aforementioned actresses and I could not Find any suitable Jean Grey, i guess i just lack imagination

I'd like that - and I hope they can finally manage to get Scott and Jean right this time.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fantastic Member

I mean it's a solid team to start with but you just know they're going to do the love triangle. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SerCo View Post
    I mean it's a solid team to start with but you just know they're going to do the love triangle. Hope I'm wrong.
    They just need to do well enough by Scott to justify Jean not ditching him like a bad habit - something the first trilogy failed at completely.
    Dark does not mean deep.