Page 492 of 626 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496502542592 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    How do Jean’s powers merely “rival” Xavier’s yet Hickman himself is the one who established the meaning of omega level mutants and listed jean as an omega levels telepath.

Also calling her telepathy “mind powers” is hilarious. That x-force description sounds like a joke tbh.
    They probably had some intern write that X-Force piece.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The way Rodriguez adds the face and has Phoenix's chicken hands holding the two Jeans is god-tier.
    Yea that’ art is pretty cool.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I hope so.

Sorry for the negativity just waiting for jean to be interesting at all since before HOX.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I agree and I don't think it was bad to be honest. I appreciated it. It did reference Phoenix Resurrection and X-men Red and noted Jean was trying to create a mutant nation recently. I think whoever wrote it definitely knows the character. I don't mind that it didn't explicitly state Jean was more powerful than Xavier. Jean does have vast psionic powers... though I wish it had listed all her powers like they did for Quire.

I remain excited for X-force. Jean already has multiple roles on the island (being on the leadership council and her involvement with X-force). I was just re-reading some of Morrison's run (yes again - it makes me happy, ok?) and I love interaction between Jean and Beast. I can't wait to see them work together again.

The person seems to be up with what happened with x-men red, at least that.

Jean is the most powerful telepath, so the rival charles is really out of place.

As suspected, when Xavier is around, they'll always relegate Jean to second fiddle

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    As suspected, when Xavier is around, they'll always relegate Jean to second fiddle
    Well Jean and Quentin are omega, only if writers nerf her she is inferior to Xavier

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I get that this book doesn't focus much on anything but it has treated other stories better.
    This feels so incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I get that this book doesn't focus much on anything but it has treated other stories better.
    This feels so incomplete.
    Exactly the same way I felt
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Looking at this fan art, I feel like Marvel choose the mini skirt costume because of the mask. It's unique right? Has any other x-lady worn anything similar to it? With the mask you can tell it's Jean even without reading her name amongst the other red heads.

First X-Lady

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Looking at this fan art, I feel like Marvel choose the mini skirt costume because of the mask. It's unique right? Has any other x-lady worn anything similar to it? With the mask you can tell it's Jean even without reading her name amongst the other red heads.

It could be but in that case I feel her headgear is iconic too and a little less silly
    ___tumblr_ps9ba9Peg51vadkcl_400.jpg

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

It's possible, honestly, that the "headgear" so to speak is a little more iconic. After all, it was part of the 90s uniform.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I really doubt that Jean is wearing her MG costume bc of that ugly mask. As others have mentioned, her headgear is far more iconic. Obviously its best known with her 90s Lee design, but she's worn variations of it in X-Factor, Revolution and most recently X-men Red. No one is gonna confuse her with any random redhead X-women if she's wearing it.

Last edited by Havok83; 10-12-2019 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It could be but in that case I feel her headgear is iconic too and a little less silly
    ___tumblr_ps9ba9Peg51vadkcl_400.jpg
    I really like the headgear. They could have worked around it to make it fresh for the relaunch instead of the green costume (I do like green on Jean though).

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

They could've easily done a new design for Jean that had her in the green and gold and also had the headgear.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey