Page 259 of 626 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 9381
    Mighty Member

Given that Hickman has said the X-Men will be wearing their costumes as day-to-day outfits the way normal people wear regular clothing, we probably shouldn't read much into Jean wearing her Silver Age costume. At least, not yet.

OTOH, maybe she's wearing it because it turns Scott on.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't see Jean ever wearing the Ramos costume as it was never hers, but...hopefully, Jeen took it with her back to the past, or burned it before she left.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't see Jean ever wearing the Ramos costume as it was never hers, but...hopefully, Jeen took it with her back to the past, or burned it before she left.
    Speaking of Jeen...
    What do you guys/girls think was her best costume?
    Her All New X-men, her Extraordinary X-men or her X-men Blue costume?
    d6sn24z-062f1709-6fad-4872-bd88-bd1ec4cf543c.jpg
    cgbjnh.jpg
    gukg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Speaking of Jeen...
    cgbjnh.jpg
    gukg.jpg
    1 Bendis
    2 Blue
    3 Ramos

All New X-men had the best suit and it would look great on adult Jean

Wow, lotta debate about the MG mini-skirt!

Think we can all agree that this look is HELLA outdated. I mean, as someone pointed out on the previous page, the MG costume looks slightly ridiculous and juvenile alongside the more modern looks of Scott, Wolvie, Magneto, etc. The creative team working on HoX should’ve at least made modifications to it to make it look more modern and sleeker. Perhaps instead of the mini-skirt, she should’ve had pants with yellow boots a few inches below the knees.

Overall though, I would’ve preferred her go-to outfit in this upcoming era be her New X-Men/Quitely look. Even the Jim Lee 90s costume would’ve been a better choice than her MG costume. Hopefully though, as Hickman alluded to, we’ll get to see her (and the rest of the X-Men) sporting iconic looks from their past. I don’t understand why they would scrap her X-Men Red uniform (which imo suited modern Jean perfectly) in favour of the MG mini-skirt, baffling!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Speaking of Jeen...
    cgbjnh.jpg
    gukg.jpg
    McKelvie
    Immomen
    Ramos

Also the Jeen costumes ARE Jean's costumes. They were the same person. I'd love to see adult Jean wearing the Blue design, without the jacket.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Blue and Bendis are better than most of adult Jean costumes, X-men Red included.

I actually like the Blue one the most. It feels the most Jean to me. Green and yellow/gold, which is her traditional color scheme. The X on the chest and boots obviously screams "X-MEN!!!", and the boots+jacket reminds me of the NXM costume, but unlike that one it actually looks like a superhero costume.

The ANXM costume looks great, yeah. But it's not something I would see and say "Yeah, that's a Jean Grey outfit". The tone of green is not the one she usually wears. No yellow/gold. Lots of white. And it's the exact same costume the other O5 wore, while in XMB they had matching but sitll unique designs.

I also think that stuff like her haircut and Immonen/Asrar's art compared to short-haired Jean(especially cause some artists drew her hair in a super bizarre way) and the artists that drew her in Blue/solo end up making the ANXM design look better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    House of X #1 most likely.
    Then the dress isn't all that important as this is yet another alternate reality created by Nate Grey/Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Then the dress isn't all that important as this is yet another alternate reality created by Nate Grey/Legion.
    No its not.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

I think it looks good but my problem is it is generic llooking.

Contextually, I like it because they keep saying "all eras of the x-men converge here" and "the past matters", I think they consciously discussed pulling looks from each decade to represent the past and put their money where their mouth is. Jean represents the 60s, I don't think it's a coincidence Wolverine is wearing his brown, Cyclops is wearing his modern era, I see WaTX, I see 70s on Kurt, I see X-men Red on Storm, etc.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I already decided Jean's best costume is her X-Factor Forever look.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Wow, lotta debate about the MG mini-skirt!

Think we can all agree that this look is HELLA outdated. I mean, as someone pointed out on the previous page, the MG costume looks slightly ridiculous and juvenile alongside the more modern looks of Scott, Wolvie, Magneto, etc. The creative team working on HoX should’ve at least made modifications to it to make it look more modern and sleeker. Perhaps instead of the mini-skirt, she should’ve had pants with yellow boots a few inches below the knees.

Overall though, I would’ve preferred her go-to outfit in this upcoming era be her New X-Men/Quitely look. Even the Jim Lee 90s costume would’ve been a better choice than her MG costume. Hopefully though, as Hickman alluded to, we’ll get to see her (and the rest of the X-Men) sporting iconic looks from their past. I don’t understand why they would scrap her X-Men Red uniform (which imo suited modern Jean perfectly) in favour of the MG mini-skirt, baffling!
    Then it's not really an update on the Marvel Girl dress, it's just a new costume

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I already decided Jean's best costume is her X-Factor Forever look.
    This isn't incorrect, outside of the Phoenix -- all color variants, especially green and white. Or Revolution!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey