Page 260 of 626 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310360 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I actually like the Blue one the most. It feels the most Jean to me. Green and yellow/gold, which is her traditional color scheme. The X on the chest and boots obviously screams "X-MEN!!!", and the boots+jacket reminds me of the NXM costume, but unlike that one it actually looks like a superhero costume.
    I agree on the Blue costume. I also liked her with short hair, I dont think Adult Jean can pull the short hair but i would like to see Marvel try it.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I agree on the Blue costume. I also liked her with short hair, I dont think Adult Jean can pull the short hair but i would like to see Marvel try it.
    She had short hair in 1610. Selina Kyle short hair and then slightly longer, like Power Girl length. Looked nice!

Jean Grey with short hair is Rachel. I feel like the shortest they should go with her is what To did in Blue

which is similar to length of what she had in ANX

Not quite short hair, but shorter than usual

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    All New X-men had the best suit and it would look great on adult Jean

I think this outfit would suit adult Jean quite well if it somehow, by some slim chance made it into HoX. It’s sleek, modern and mature, plus it would also be a cool little nod to teen Jean.

On another note, I think it would also be cool, if what Hickman said is true and Jean and her fellow X-Men will be sporting various past costumes at different intervals during this upcoming era, if she wore her final blue X-Factor costume, maybe sans the shoulder pads this time around. She only wore if for like 7 or 8 issues of X-F, I think it deserves to be unearthed from Jean’s closet and see the light of day once more. I know a lot of other Jean fans adore that costume so it would be pretty awesome to see her wearing it again, even if just for an issue or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean Grey with short hair is Rachel. I feel like the shortest they should go with her is what To did in Blue

which is similar to length of what she had in ANX

Not quite short hair, but shorter than usual
    I really wish we could have gotten more of both Jeans. The O5 relationships with their older selves were so unexplored (outside of Iceman)

I really wish we could have gotten more of both Jeans. The O5 relationships with their older selves were so unexplored (outside of Iceman)
    Eh...

Tyke hated Cyke until he didn't, then he did again.
    Tank liked Hank, then hated him
    Jeen was scared of becoming Jean

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Eh...

Tyke hated Cyke until he didn't, then he did again.
    Tank liked Hank, then hated him
    Jeen was scared of becoming Jean
    Yeah, The relationships between the Cyclops (and the other O5) wasn't great but the one between the Jeans had potential. As you said Jeen was so afraid of becoming Jean, trying so hard to avoid destiny, hiding from the sacred image everybody had of Jean. For her meeting her adult self would be like meeting an stranger that at the same time is you, a totally different person but at the same time not.
    It was so weird I would have liked a bit more of that.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-02-2019 at 05:05 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Teen Jean was scared of becoming Phoenix because no one ever properly explained to her who Jean was as Phoenix until she met her herself. And then she liked and respected her, and when she met the Ghost Jean and Adult Jean revived they got on well.

Also. I really wanna see what an adult Jean with her long hair would look like in the Blue costume now...
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fantastic Member

The quick fan-edit of Polaris' X-Men Blue costume to Jean colors worked surprisingly well and made me want to see that in the future.

The easiest explanation for going back to the Silver age costume, to me would be a holdover from Age of X-Man in terms of style preference. And who knows, maybe it is deliberately being used to contrast against another future costume that will come about shortly from story developments. then again I had the same theory about the X-Men Red costume, lol.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Remember that Jean also deliberately: designed a new costume based on the Marvel Girl dress for Extraordinary X-Men, dressed herself that way by choice when the Phoenix Force brought her back to life, and created a new design for it in Age of X-Man. In-universe she's obviously fond of it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Remember that Jean also deliberately: designed a new costume based on the Marvel Girl dress for Extraordinary X-Men, dressed herself that way by choice when the Phoenix Force brought her back to life, and created a new design for it in Age of X-Man. In-universe she's obviously fond of it.
    I don't think any of that follows?

1 - In ANXM she thought the Marvel Girl costume was terrible when Hank showed it to her. The EXM costume is not really that similar to it.

2 - The Phoenix gave the outfit to her. She showed multiple scenarios that Jean could have as options and the one with the Marvel Girl costume just happened to be the last one before she saw Jean really didn't want her and left.

3 - Nate created her look in Age of X-Man afaik. And if it's not him, it was a brainwashed Jean who blindly believes in him that did so.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Teen Jean created that costume and close in age to when Jean originally wore something based off of it. The PF put her back in that costume in Resurrection; that wasnt her choice. AoX is a pocket universe created by X-man. The things that are happening before their memories return isnt a true reflection of the characters. In universe, Jean has not had a fondness for wearing that costume since the 05 early years

Jean should be in a parka from here on out. Erase all sexism by demanding everyone wear a parka. No skin shown at all, it's illegal now in X-Worlds as decreed by Prof. X and Magneto.

I think Jean likes the Marvel girl costume. She designed it herself.