Page 572 of 626 FirstFirst ... 72472522562568569570571572573574575576582622 ... LastLast
Results 8,566 to 8,580 of 9381

Jean vs the U-Men had one of my favorite Jean feats. She telekinetically messed with the molecules of the food they ate and had it go up and down their digestive system, causing them to throw up as a result. It was quite creative as she doesnt often use her TK from within her opponents. She could cause a heart attack, brain seizure or death if she were more ruthless and Morrison had her threaten them with but a glimpse of that

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    You're literally getting your wires crossed here, my dude. You said the U-Men, from Morrison's X-Men, not Orchis or the Orchis Sentinel's from House of X.

I agree about her feeling off with Orchis and their sentinels. She handled the U-Men readily.
    I'm doing a parallel for these 2

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I'm doing a parallel for these 2
    But there is no parallel. At all. Whatsoever.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

To be honest, Jean didn't panic at all when she saw the U-Men. if the U-men were a threat, do you think that Jean would call the police? Do you think she would ask the police to fight against Magneto or Cassandra Nova? Jean called the police because they were even not a small threat she wanted to deal with. She didn't panic, she was horrified by the police reaction, when they rejected her call, telling her to "help herself Mutie"... Then she decided to give a lesson to the U-men, asking to her student to even participate. Again, do you think Jean would need her student to fight the U-men? Do you think she would put her students in danger, if she thought that the U-Men were a threat? They were barely annoyance.
    Last edited by franckd; 11-19-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Thanks. Does he hate Morrison's run because he didn't get it? I mean, it's quite obvious that Jean didn't panic at all when she saw the U-men.
    I get the run. Even people who get the run can not like it.

To be honest, Jean didn't panic at all when she saw the U-Men. if the U-men were a threat, do you think that Jean would call the police? Do you think she would ask the police to fight against Magneto or Cassandra Nova? Jean called the police because they were even not a small threat she wanted to deal with. She didn't panic, she was horrified by the police reaction, when they rejected her call, telling her to "help herself Mutie"... Then she decided to give a lesson to the U-men, asking to her student to even participate. Again, do you think Jean would need her student to fight the U-men? Do you think she would put her students in danger, if she thought that the U-Men were a threat? They were barely annoyance.
    Why would she call the police then? If they aren't close enough, like really close, the time they get to get on the mansion everyone would be dead while they are waiting police.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-19-2019 at 12:22 PM.

I get the run. Even people who get the run can not like it.
    You didn't get that Jean wasn't panicking when she saw the U-Men though. It makes me wonder how much of the rest of the run you got right.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

In part. The rest of it is that he hates Emma, Scott, etc.
    Some people also blame Morrison for keeping Jean dead. Even after moving on and no longer working for Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Some people also blame Morrison for keeping Jean dead. Even after moving on and no longer working for Marvel.
    Yes, Morrison's power are infinite. Even quitting Marvel for DC, he had creative control for X-Men stories for a decade... Strangely, he didn't have creative control when he was writing New x-men.
    yeah, that's some people's "logic"

Why would she call the police then? If they aren't close enough, like really close, the time they get to get on the mansion everyone would be dead while they are waiting police.
    Are you like this all the time, ignoring all I pointed out? My answer is in what you quoted. Jean called the police because she didn't even want to bother. Because the U-Men were barely annoyance. And if you read the entire run right you would know that the X-Men were kind of accused to raise secret soldiers at this time. So calling the police was the right thing to do to prove them wrong.
    Last edited by franckd; 11-19-2019 at 12:32 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Are you like this all the time, ignoring all I pointed out?
    Yes. He is. It's exhausting.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

yes, morrison's power are infinite. Even quitting marvel for dc, he had creative control for x-men stories for a decade... Strangely, he didn't have creative control when he was writing new x-men.
    Yeah, that's some people's "logic"
    lmao

download (1).jpg
    "Cable was right!"

Are you like this all the time, ignoring all I pointed out? My answer is in what you quoted. Jean called the police because she didn't even want to bother. Because the U-Men were barely annoyance. And if you read the entire run right you would know that the X-Men were kind of accused to raise secret soldiers at this time. So calling the police was the right thing to do to prove them wrong.
    raise secret soldiers? you mean train the kids to be soldiers?

For me it looked dumb as hell. But it os par with Morrison characterization that Jean thinks she is above all

Yes. He is. It's exhausting.
    It's a case of bad faith, or poor faith. Or denial. It looks like he hates this run so much, that he finds every reasons, even the ones that actually don't exist, to prove himself right. Even when he's not. And it goes as far as imaging that Morrison (who had no editorial control during his run) had editorial control when... he left.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Rumors said that he took a agreement that some things from his run would stay

Rumors said
    Did you start them?