Page 247 of 626 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Obviously Marvel will. They got named actors for all of their important characters. Fox XMen are now FINISHED. Dead. Over. Next!
    Not all of them. Chris Helmsworth wasnt a big name when he was cast as Thor. Ditto on Tom Hiddleston

I just remembered that, Jane Levy, who's a popular Jean fancast, was recently on this Netflix show where she's married to Blake Jenner, and I think they totally look like Jean and Scott, and there's even some evil blonde woman who gets in the way of their relationship lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not all of them. Chris Helmsworth wasnt a big name when he was cast as Thor. Ditto on Tom Hiddleston
    True but a number of Disney´s projects were very well anchored by a major actor. Anthony Hopkins and Rene Russo were well known and had major supporting roles in Thor.

Chris Evans was coming off multiple bad movies. RDJ was damaged goods. Mark Ruffalo was unknown, replacing the notoriously hard to work with Edward Norton. Clark Gregg was known for Sex and the City, and that's about it. The only high-end names they got were Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, and Jeremy Renner.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Downey Jr. and Scar Jo were the highest tier actors. And maybe Don and Terrence for War Machine.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Downey Jr. and Scar Jo were the highest tier actors. And maybe Don and Terrence for War Machine.
    Id say Samuel L Jackson was too. He arguably was their most notable hire

Shoot. Can't believe I forgot him. Probably cuz I'm still hung up on Endgame.
    "Cable was right!"

Shoot. Can't believe I forgot him. Probably cuz I'm still hung up on Endgame.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I don't find Sophie to be a good actor actually. Even though the original 3 series weren't the best, Famke Janssen was a better actress. I hope Marvel puts some effort into choosing Scott and Jean for the movies and picks some people who can make being X-Men feel believable.
    I think Famke interpretation of Jean is much better and closer to comics Jean than Sophie. I really enjoyed more Famke

Some recent Jean art I found on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BzG_oQjhOlh/

more Conceptual art Jean Grey final form

I loved the House of X promo image that was released today with the O5. I'm not a big fan of Jean's 90's costume but it looked really good. My only complaint was the hair. I hate it when women characters are portrayed with too long hair. I think Jean's hair should be shoulder length or a tad longer than shoulder length. He hair should not be at the buttocks or her knees. That is not practical especially for a soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Some recent Jean art I found on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BzG_oQjhOlh/

Oh My! I really love these, both of these pictures are really well done. This is the real Jean Grey that I love so much. I love how on the green/gold Phoenix uniform she is using her pink power effect. It's like some people said in this thread before, she could actually wear the green and gold and still call herself Phoenix even if she doesn't have the full Phoenix force.

Personally I would love for Jean to be in a Phoenix costume and to use the codename, but sadly I don't think it will happen for a long time. They've overused the Phoenix, especially with so many other characters. Story wise it would he hard at this point to accept Jean using either considering how she told the Phoenix off in Phoenix Resurrection. I wish someone other than Rosenberg had handled the story. So many of us see the Phoenix as a positive force and a central part of Jean's character, but Rosenberg does not see it that way. He saw it as a negative and used it as a dark destructive force in Jean's life. He took her back to the 80s/90s but seems convinced he did something new with her (but he just did a reset).

But I do think Jean without the Phoenix can be as good as Jean with it. I loved New X-men because it was the best of both. I saw someone say that on twitter to JDW weeks go that Morrison's Jean was a perfect blend of Jean Grey and Phoenix. I wish she stayed like that.

Incredible Member

Yeah, the poster must be confusing 90s Jeans from the comics with 90s Jean from TAS. She was weak in one version but definitely not in the other
    Well, I'm the poster and I don't agree with you, most of the time when Jean was in this costume, she was a support character. There are few times where she was impressive but only a few (I remember her throwing Mellencamp away drawn by Romita Jr). I remember people nicknamed her Xavier's nurse. She was much more impressive in Morrison's run and everytime she was in the Phoenix costume.
    And this costume, especially the blue part looks like steel, definitely like body armor. Why would she need this? She uses force fields to protect herself, no? And not even talking about the shoulderpads, what are those pouches on the legs for?
    And don't assume I know Jean from the 90's cartoon, I've been there from her first Phoenix stint.