Page 197 of 626 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    He had plans for Jeen in Secret Wars (Jean herself being dead), you see that both her and Scott were on the covers, but all the sudden she didn't even appear and Cyclops had the Phoenix, and was killed off abruptly.

Hickman also mentioned at the time he had plans for Cyclops and the Phoenix that Marvel didn't like, but didn't say much. My guess there was heavy editorial interference there, but he didn't say too much because he hoped to come back and write X-men eventually.
    Yes, I know about Hickman having plans for Jeen and editorial not letting him use her

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Honestly? I don't think Hickman ever hoped to come back and write the X-Men. I feel like if it hadn't been for the stars properly aligning that he never would have come back in the first place.

He was in charge of the FF and Avengers and I feel like while he was largely allowed to do his own thing there was still a lot of editorial oversight and maybe even some bad blood that led to him leaving the company altogether.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Honestly? I don't think Hickman ever hoped to come back and write the X-Men. I feel like if it hadn't been for the stars properly aligning that he never would have come back in the first place.

He was in charge of the FF and Avengers and I feel like while he was largely allowed to do his own thing there was still a lot of editorial oversight and maybe even some bad blood that led to him leaving the company altogether.
    Nah, at the time he said he had X-men plans (recently, he revealed that was the characters from Marvel he grew up reading), but hinted that Marvel wasn't interested- at the time, they were being used as a prop for the Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

he is a freelancer who was burned out after writing a company's flagship with like 100 issues of content and multiple exhausting events

compromising with editorial is normal and it is very unlikely he got his balls busted while also being allowed to destroy the universe
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Nah, at the time he said he had X-men plans (recently, he revealed that was the characters from Marvel he grew up reading), but hinted that Marvel wasn't interested- at the time, they were being used as a prop for the Inhumans.
    Correct, Hickman has never made any mystery about his love for the X-Men but also said that the first time he was at Marvel, the mutants weren't at the top of the publisher's priority and therefore it wasn't the right time for him to take over. It's amazing how things change $80B later!

In a way I understand the editorial decision not to include Jeen in Secret Wars. Imagine Doom killing her as he killed Scott, it would have been disturbing.
    Last edited by Glio; 05-19-2019 at 02:56 AM.

I remember that Jeen was supposed to be on Secret Wars, but do we really know that it was Hickman wanting her but getting blocked by editorial and not something else?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In a way I understand the editorial decision not to include Jeen in Secret Wars. Imagine Doom killing her as he killed Scott, it would have been disturbing.
    I don't think Scott would have died in that case.

Marvel Strike Force

Rounding out the X-Men team is Phoenix, the Legendary member. Her attacks are devastating, and she boosts her X-Men teammates, so keep an eye out for the Phoenix Legendary Event preview in a few weeks. You don't want to miss out!
    She starts out as Phoenix but if she is killed she resurrects as Dark Phoenix and her abilities also change.

First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Marvel Strike Force

She starts out as Phoenix but if she is killed she resurrects as Dark Phoenix and her abilities also change.

This is so cool. Do you have Dark Phoenix pic?

No, you already know I’ve been searching lol. Jean, Psylocke, Colossus and Cyclops are coming though.
    First X-Lady

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I remember that Jeen was supposed to be on Secret Wars, but do we really know that it was Hickman wanting her but getting blocked by editorial and not something else?
    The X Office was probably still debating ways to bring her back themselves (she came back after Secret Wars.....) or Marvel didn’t want that big of a return to be used in their Big Event.......(it would have been awesome though, the two Founders battling Doom’s Forces like they didn’t miss a beat.....I want to see that in Hickman’s Run......throw in Beast, Iceman, Archangel and we get a Original Five/ X-Factor reunion)
    Last edited by Decoy; 05-19-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    The X Office was probably still debating ways to bring her back themselves (she came back after Secret Wars.....) or Marvel didn’t want that big of a return to be used in their Big Event.......(it would have been awesome though, the two Founders battling Doom’s Forces like they didn’t miss a beat.....I want to see that in Hickman’s Run......throw in Beast, Iceman, Archangel and we get a Original Five/ X-Factor reunion)
    Jean came back two years after secret wars ended. Secret wars could be a easy way to bring Jean back, but x-men books were really **** on the time

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Marvel Strike Force

Cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She is good talking with people and getting the best out of people. I think she would be a psychologist or a personal coach.

thanks, i think it isn't to late to be a psychologist, hopeful marvel explores this on the future

Marvel Strike Force

I like how she looks in Future Fight a little better. The flaming wings just look so damn good.