Page 354 of 626 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Its so disappointing how Jean has never been allowed to step out of Xavier's shadow in regards to her powers, call me a fan but Jean should be more experienced as a telepath. She hasn't been a student for years, Xavier or anyone shouldn't be able to casually wipe her mind yet since she's been back her telepathy is continuously downplayed!

I wouldn't count it out, Hickman seem to have big plans and we still don't know what's the situation with the mutant in Powers of X that live in Shiar space. I'm not saying there's a correlation but if anyone would pick up potential story opportunities it would be Hickman. Be intriguing if Jean or her descendants were being worshipped in Shiar space due to their relationship to the PF.
    I agree.

Not only that, but now Jean has been downplayed as "Omega Level Mutant" to Omega Level Telepath only. But on this point, Jean should be near/at the top, yet they keep showing Jean as weaker than Xavier.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I agree.

Not only that, but now Jean has been downplayed as "Omega Level Mutant" to Omega Level Telepath only. But on this point, Jean should be near/at the top, yet they keep showing Jean as weaker than Xavier.
    ... That's not what happened. Jean is still an omega level mutant, but the main focus of that is in her telepathy. And Xavier isn't on the 'omega level mutant' list at all whatsoever, so Jean is stronger than him; he's just got his powers amplified by a giant portable Cerebro helmet.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Another variant with Jean on it
    I love everything about this costume. It has all the elements of Jean’s 90’s look incorporated into the standard uniform. I wouldn’t be mad if Jean wore this for a while. She looks fantastic and like herself.

I think what I hated about the xmen red costume is the lack of color distribution in the chest area. It had too much blue. Jean looks good in a costume that has a triangle shape going down her chest and this image is a great example of what I’m talking about.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't think Jean will ever be Phoenix for a long time
    I'd bet money on her becoming Phoenix again sometime during Hickman's run and definitely before the first MCU X-Men comes out. So probably in the next 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'd bet money on her becoming Phoenix again sometime during Hickman's run and definitely before the first MCU X-Men comes out. So probably in the next 2-3 years.
    Who else is going to take out the Phalanx?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    alright let's bet then

alright let's bet then
    I'll get in on that action. The Phoenix is exclusively reserved for Jason Aaron's wanking aids and extinction level crossover events. The bird won't be seen in X-books for at least five years.

Astonishing Member

alright let's bet then
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I'll get in on that action. The Phoenix is exclusively reserved for Jason Aaron's wanking aids and extinction level crossover events. The bird won't be seen in X-books for at least five years.
    Let's do it! After the smashing success of HoX/PoX Hickman is practically gonna have free reign to do what ever the hell he wants with that fire bird Jason Aaron be damned!!!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think Jean will be Phoenix for a long time. I like when she is phoenix but i feel it should be something rare, otherwise it stops being special, also people start defining her power only for that to the point were many don't believe she is a powerful mutant on her own.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Jean will become the Phoenix again once they run out of ideas.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Fantastic Member

I would rather Jean pickup from where Teen Jean left off than being a Phoenix.

Jean will become the Phoenix again when my ex-wife lets me see the cat.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Jean will become Phoenix again when the X-Men move to Arizona.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    for weeks I forgot about Aaron phoenix mess

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm in the camp that believes (and I sincerely hope) HiX-Man will not be attaching the PF to Jean any time soon, if at all.
    As a plot point...the PF really only makes Jean stronger, more adept at using her powers which, going by her current Omega status, makes the PF unnecessary.
    As a plot point...It may very well have run it's course, which culminated in Morrison's run with the Here Comes Tomorrow arc.
    I would love to see Jean really push and develop her powers without the PF's assistance.
    It would be really bad if the last Jean phoenix story was shitty here comes tomorrow.
    Even worse if it is Endsong