Page 132 of 626 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 9381
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She made me doubt her bc she didnt seem aware that Jean wasnt dead and they had to remind her Bishop hooking up with her was the whole reason Bishop was in jail in her book. That was a major detail to forget or mess up
    So marvel editorial doing a bad job as usual, how does she know to bring up the relationship and race element but not know jean was alive?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    MCU x-men isn't starting on Whedon or the anime.

I think for once Feige gonna start it by going to proper *start* to clean slates.

Jeremy Conrad from MCU cosmic has a suspicion that eternal movie gonna be the introduction of mutants. X gene is the result of Celestials gambling on human DNA. I think he might be right
    I just fear Disney skipping Jean enterely. I hope it doesn't but i think there are reasons to be worried

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I just fear Disney skipping Jean enterely. I hope it doesn't but i think there are reasons to be worried
    That might put her more of a background role to not over saturedted the character. But I guess everyone gonna forget dark phonix pretty quickly

I would like to know about Feige tastes on x-men. he said he had a plan for x-men movies on Fox but he was ignored.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-20-2019 at 09:16 AM.

I don’t know since we have no idea where they will start off with the x-men. Even if they don’t start off with her I hope somewhere down the line she will appear.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So marvel editorial doing a bad job as usual, how does she know to bring up the relationship and race element but not know jean was alive?
    Yeah I dont know as the statement made no sense. Maybe Vita was aware why Bishop was in jail but not exactly whom they had him hook up with? We'll see if Jean actually gets brought up in Prisoner X

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Unfortunately, this makes a lot of sense.
    It doesn't. I can't see them benching Xavier. Cyclops' fate is heavily tied to Jean's, I don't see him also getting benched.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    It doesn't. I can't see them benching Xavier. Cyclops' fate is heavily tied to Jean's, I don't see him also getting benched.
    They won't bench Xavier, because he's necessary, but they're pretty likely to make him have a pretty small role. Jean, even if she's a major X-Men, could be excluded if they wanted to. Cyclops could exist and be a leader without her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They won't bench Xavier, because he's necessary, but they're pretty likely to make him have a pretty small role. Jean, even if she's a major X-Men, could be excluded if they wanted to. Cyclops could exist and be a leader without her.
    He can definitely exist without her as we have seen in the last 15 years but skipping past their relationship would mean skipping past decades of stories. I'm not as pessimistic as some of the posters here, I think Jean will be there even if her role is minor.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah I dont know as the statement made no sense. Maybe Vita was aware why Bishop was in jail but not exactly whom they had him hook up with? We'll see if Jean actually gets brought up in Prisoner X
    Ayala later said that he was send to prison because he loved someone, but it was after the relationship was mentioned by the hosts.
    This a weird situation, age of x-man books are really connected to each other.

I was going to say that the relationship won't survive the Au ending and I would be sad for it, but Zac Thompson teased it kinda of making out of it.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-20-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    He can definitely exist without her as we have seen in the last 15 years but skipping past their relationship would mean skipping past decades of stories. I'm not as pessimistic as some of the posters here, I think Jean will be there even if her role is minor.
    Just because jean were hypothetically skipped for a movie or two enst mean her and cyke couldn’t have a relationship when she did appear. Nothing is mutually exclusive. Or at least very little.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I guess it depends what stories would Disney want to adapt.
    of course the dark phoenix saga is out of the list
    (it could have been cool to see it done well or at least done in more than one movie)

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

There's still a number of other things they can do with Jean in the MCU. Her relationships with Ororo, Xavier, and Cyclops, have all been underdeveloped. Scott and Jean are at the forefront of iconic relationships in the X-Men. I doubt they would just skip it. Besides, I'd imagine that they'd get an original trilogy to introduce the X-Men with concepts we haven't seen yet in live action, but that doesn't mean they can't tackle the Dark Phoenix Saga. By the time everything's been set up, it would be a number of years from now.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 03-20-2019 at 12:12 PM.

One random wild idea that I made up, that would make MCU Jean as different as possible from her other versions: Karen Grant.

Black hair lowkey goth look. Looks nothing like Jean, Sophie, Famke. She would be like, a mutant fugitive, because of an incident with her powers or whatever, so she adopted that secret identity, and then decides to go to the school for safety. Xavier knows she's Jean, as per their backstory in her childhood, but he plays along with it. She grows closer to Scott and everyone, and, at about the end of the movie, she shows up with her real red hair, they're like "...Karen?" and she's like "No. I'm Jean. Jean Grey".

Fantastic Member

I believe that we have gone full 90s! Possible return of Rachel as Phoenix!

Keep in mind that Excalibur may return so the timing is right.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

She won't be Phoenix. It's an Avengers thing right now. This is likely just a teaser for her actual return and breaking free from the programming.