Page 298 of 626 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348398 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I have seen that in the tv shows and movies, redheads are replaced by African Americans: Iris and Wally West, Jimmy Olsen, Starfire and now Ariel ... do you think that Jean can be the next victim?
    Victim? That implies that she/they are being harmed or wronged

I have seen that in the tv shows and movies, redheads are replaced by African Americans: Iris and Wally West, Jimmy Olsen, Starfire and now Ariel ... do you think that Jean can be the next victim?
    Probably not, as they already have Storm. But I wouldn't mind Jean being black, as long as she still had red hair.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I wouldn't mind to be honest, i would prefer her redheaded but as long as her character stays it is okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Probably not, as they already have Storm. But I wouldn't mind Jean being black, as long as she still had red hair.
    Like Starfire on Titans?

I haven't had the chance to discuss Age of Xman Omega or Uncanny. I am glad that all the Jean/Scott fans were happy. I admit I did like the scene. Jean looked really cool walking toward Scott with the fire behind her. It was a nice little moment, but I can see how Scott/Emma fans aren't excited.

Age of X-man Omega was just meh to me. I don't think the writers there understood Jean. It felt she was just reduced to the "girlfriend" character. There is more to the character than romantic relationships.

I am glad that both Omega and Uncanny are over. I don't like Rosenberg's writing so much, but I never deny his talent. Though Scott and Jean had a moment I can't get past all the characters who perished nor the lackluster story.

Bring on Hickman! Jean's role in the preview looked great. Jean looks so young too which I like. I'm starting to accept the Marvel Girl costume and codename (as long as it doesn't stick too long). She's with the students so she may be a teacher. I also loved the inclusion of Sage and Doug.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I wouldn't mind to be honest, i would prefer her redheaded but as long as her character stays it is okay.

Like Starfire on Titans?
    Yeah. To be honest I hate Starfire's look on the show(on season 1 at least, from onset pics of season 2 she looks much better), but the actress being black is not the problem. And she does have red hair. In her case people should be complaining that she's not orange, not that she's not white.

Yeah. To be honest I hate Starfire's look on the show(on season 1 at least, from onset pics of season 2 she looks much better), but the actress being black is not the problem. And she does have red hair. In her case people should be complaining that she's not orange, not that she's not white.
    She looks like an OBT hooker in season 1. I was confused when, I first saw the look.

There is a actress on Solo star wars movie that is mixed race and is a redhead. I think she look pretty good.
    I hope that Jean won't fall on race bend trend

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    definitely not at the end of Morrison's run as she never got a chance to talk to him. I dont really count HCT bc she was decades of years removed from that and was literally in a different plane of existence. Our current Jean doesnt seem to have any recollection of that anyway. I think Resurrection says more about this. It was rushed bu the impression we can get from that as well as Jean reflecting on Scott since is that she has moved past it
    We never really saw Jean dealing with it, on Red And Ressurrection she seems just fine like it wasn't a big deal. It makes things more about Scott than Jean
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-18-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    We never really saw Jean dealing with it, on Red And Ressurrection she seems just fine like it wasn't a big deal. It makes things more about Scott than Jean
    On the defense, they haven't existed at the same time for long since the whole deal.

I think for the present Scott and Jean are so happy to be alive and that each other are alive that past grievances probably just seem petty in the scale of things. Yes, what happened between them was bad, but its better than being dead.

Again I'm not a shipper but I love both characters and I did like the moment. I just don't want either Scott or Jean to return to their 90's characterization. I wish Scott would keep some of his edge and that Jean would regain hers. But I think both will be more heroic in the Hickman era and I'm down for that too. I expect both to have good moments in House of X. I can't wait to see them on the same team and working together.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Victim? That implies that she/they are being harmed or wronged
    Well, not really, but I personally don't like the fact that all this is due to a political agenda, and as a fan of certain characters when I go to see them in movies or shows I want to see them as they were originally, as it said a black friend: "this is racist I prefer a black character that is so from the beginning to a white one that they turned black, because in the background it will always be a white character, it's as if the blacks couldn't have good characters on our own!"

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I think for the present Scott and Jean are so happy to be alive and that each other are alive that past grievances probably just seem petty in the scale of things. Yes, what happened between them was bad, but its better than being dead.

Again I'm not a shipper but I love both characters and I did like the moment. I just don't want either Scott or Jean to return to their 90's characterization. I wish Scott would keep some of his edge and that Jean would regain hers. But I think both will be more heroic in the Hickman era and I'm down for that too. I expect both to have good moments in House of X. I can't wait to see them on the same team and working together.
    thats how I see it. They both know that life is short and they literally just had 10 minutes together (if even that) the last time. Both have been alive (apart) for months and have had alot of time to think, reflect and regret. I can buy them leaving the affair in the past bc in the grand scheme of things they've both dealt with so much worse

Wouldn’t bother me.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    On the defense, they haven't existed at the same time for long since the whole deal.
    That is why both characters are unabalanced

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That is why both characters are unabalanced
    They don't seem unbalanced at all.

Well, not really, but I personally don't like the fact that all this is due to a political agenda, and as a fan of certain characters when I go to see them in movies or shows I want to see them as they were originally, as it said a black friend: "this is racist I prefer a black character that is so from the beginning to a white one that they turned black, because in the background it will always be a white character, it's as if the blacks couldn't have good characters on our own!"
    In comic books, people of color don't get much representation. Race bending is an easy fix. It's easier than trying to establish a new character.