Page 522 of 626 FirstFirst ... 22422472512518519520521522523524525526532572622 ... LastLast
Results 7,816 to 7,830 of 9381
    BANNED

Jean knows Rachel. And as was enumerated upon his arrival, Nate is now distinctly closer in age to the Nate she and Scott raised.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I made the point in a different discussion days ago. Jean Grey knows exactly 2 people in that house: Scott, Logan, and kinda-sorta Cable. Logan's probably there so she can feel comfortable.
    She does actually know Rachel. They have linked minds several times over the years, so Jean probably knows Rachel a lot better than it has been presented on paper. In X-Men Red when they went flying together, Rachel said there was too much to say to each other and Jean just said back that it was ok because they aren't restricted to talking it out like some people, they can just link and share everything at once and all the feelings that are bundled up with that.

The reason Jean and Rachel don't seem close in the comics is because the writers don't know what to do with a Mother and Daughter and they just go the easy route of them talking telepathically off panel so they don't have to write it out.

As for Nathan, Jean and Scott were pulled into the future for 10 years by Rachel to raise Nathan. Nathan is definitely attached to Jean and Scott, and Jean and Scott are very much attached to Nathan. Also, this younger version of Nathan has clear memories of his childhood still and for all of his gruffness he idolizes his parents. Just like this younger version of Nathan knows that his sister Rachel is the "Bright Lady" who gave her entire life to protect him.

I am not sure if I feel they will show Rachel and Jean interacting on panel, because like always the writers may not know how to write a Mother and Daughter, but they will imply that Rachel and Jean talk off panel.

Just like it's implied that Emma and Jean have more or less buried the hatchet and accepted being work colleagues.

Just like it's implied that Jean may have something romantic going on with both Scott and Logan. I think it's also implied that Scott and Logan might be doing some things too while Jean watches, but that might just be me.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Jean barely interacted with Rachel, sure she know her as she know havok.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Just like it's implied that Jean may have something romantic going on with both Scott and Logan. I think it's also implied that Scott and Logan might be doing some things too while Jean watches, but that might just be me.
    Of course Scott and Logan won't do anything.

Poliamory feel like a kick on the face of everything Jean went through and her fandom
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-20-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean barely interacted with Rachel, sure she know her as she know havok.
    Spirit, Jean and Rachel are both telepaths and they have linked multiple times over the years.

Jean left a message behind asking Rachel to take up the Marvel Girl mantle, to reflect Rachel asking Jean to retake the name Phoenix for herself:

rachel_jean.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RachelGrey; 10-20-2019 at 03:37 PM.

BANNED

Oh and she also knows Havok. I always forget that guy.

Yeah... to say Jean doesn't know Rachel is provably false.

Oh and she also knows Havok. I always forget that guy.
    I can see it now at the dinner party:

Jean: "Umm, Scott, Logan, who is that blond guy standing over there, he seems vaguely familiar?"

Scott: "Jean, he's my brother Alex, you know who is."

Logan: "It's Scott's somewhat whinier brother Alex!"

Jean: "Really! You have a brother? How did I not know this?"

Scott: "Jean, you met him, you have met my brother many times and worked with him."

Jean: "I swear I would have remembered, he's fairly attractive, I still can't place him though, are you sure he's your brother, I thought he was Vulcan's boyfriend!"

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Rachel practically worships Jean, She admires Jean so much and has suffered so much for her.
    She even changed her name for Jean.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-20-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Rachel practically worships Jean, She admires Jean.
    Yeah, that's pretty much true!

Rachel pretty much starts to break down and cry any time that Jean acts like a Mom to her. Rachel is my favourite character, but even I can admit she is a bit needy for affection from her parents.

I made the point in a different discussion days ago. Jean Grey knows exactly 2 people in that house: Scott, Logan, and kinda-sorta Cable. Logan's probably there so she can feel comfortable.
    Not really - people forget that the X-Men did have some issues between the Lee/Kirby O5 stuff and Claremont, but they did. At that time, Havok and Polaris were part of the team, and were in the group that had to be rescued during Claremont's debut. Jean was at least inferred to have been the planner for Lorna's bachelorette party, although that was under Austen so I can understand not wanting to remember any of that.

Plus Cable, even this Wi-Fi version of him, was still raised by Jean for over a decade in the Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix run. He's supposed to be the same guy who grows up into grizzled Cable, just at an earlier point in the timeline - one much closer to when Scott and Jean raised him (I think 4 to 7 years, but that is an educated guess).

Plus, Jean's family is all gone due to the Shi'ar, or some other overly apostrophised alien that populates the world of comics. Scott's family is, sadly, all she has for one anymore.

And on a final note - with Moria's multiple lives and timelines, who knows what Hickman can retcon around the edges for events and relationships. Although I must give him massive props for finding a way to make those retcons an actual story beat rather than just ignoring stuff he doesn't like.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Of course Jean knows Havok. They may not be close but both were apart of the pre-Giant size X-men and were teammates for a long time. He dated her best friend and she was his sister-in law for years

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman
    Scott's family is, sadly, all she has for one anymore.
    That's terribly tragic for story and meta reasons and also case in point for having Logan around, for those same story and meta reasons. Storm should be in the house as well. Just to give the poor girl some more chosen family. Though I suppose it's easy enough to leave the moon to see friends with portal flowers.

Everyone there is either someone she doesn't know, wants to sleep with her, or is confused and thinks she's her mom.

That's terribly tragic for story and meta reasons and also case in point for having Logan around, for those same story and meta reasons. Storm should be in the house as well. Just to give the poor girl some more chosen family. Though I suppose it's easy enough to leave the moon to see friends with portal flowers.

Everyone there is either someone she doesn't know, wants to sleep with her, or is confused and thinks she's her mom.
    You keep saying this. It's not getting any truer when you repeat it. She's interacted with Havok and Rachel a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Scott's family is, sadly, all she has for one anymore.
    That really sucks a lot.

Jean really is a afterthought. As a meta is even worse, as she has to be tied to Scott always