Page 579 of 626 FirstFirst ... 79479529569575576577578579580581582583589 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,685 of 9381
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

BB was cast out but Medusa took his place and allowed the cloud to exist knowing it was killing mutants. X-Fans didnt give a damn about Inhuman politics except what pushing that franchsie forward at the expense of the X-line did. We had JUST gotten over an extinction era and Marvel put the X-men through another one to drive story for the Inhumans. AvX happened not to long before and that era was clearly gearing up for IvX. Marvel was rallying the fanbases against each other with this and the response was X-fans hating the Inhumans. Like no one gave a damn about the Inhumans and what was going on with them and the T-cloud following Infinity (2013)until it made its way into the X-books (2015) and the X-men were suffering as a result.
    Killing mutants and there were humans who died or whose mutants triggered by the mists were so severe that they died. It was a horrible concept. And it made mutants have to leave the Earth (many were in Limbo). That completely sucked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Morrison wasn't very explicit when it came to the Phoenix. He did have Jean manifest it without ever showing how she got it. It just came from inside her. He used the phoenix egg which we all saw as a version of the cocoon (or re-contextualizing the cocoon but who knows), in HCT Jean hatched from the Phoenix egg. Her powers was described as the ultimate mutation and telekinetic godhood in a jar, Sublime-beast used phoenix like powers by injecting him with Jean's blood.

Even in the Imperial story Cyclops spoke to Jean as if she was the Phoenix (we know what happened last time when you lost control of those big emotions of yours and Jean telling him it was different this time). But I recall on the message boards and things people were upset that the retcon wasn't referenced. In the story with Xavier and Jean, Xavier did reference a rogue phoenix manifestation but it wasn't explicit if Jean was involved or what. It was a sly way of kind of referencing the retcon.

Jean was unplugged from the Phoenix by Cassandra/Ernst and Martha when they unplugged the crown (referring to the crown chakra) which to me implied Jean was connected to the power innately through her tp powers, but again Morrison wasn't explicit. I thought Morrison was saying Jean was naturally a part of the Phoenix as she was shown in death to be in the white hot room and a white phoenix of the crown. But of course other writers since have had their takes and every take on the Phoenix is different.

When it comes to the Phoenix it is always hard to say. I loved in Pak's Endsong when Jean said she was always Jean and always the Phoenix but in Resurrection Jean/Phoenix said something similar and Beast contradicted it. I think Rosenberg was going with the Phoenix as a toxic stalker that just manipulated Jean which took away her agency and that is why I hate Matt Rosenberg's take. It took away the positive feelings that Jean had about the Phoenix in Claremont's, Seagle's, Morrison's, and Pak's stories. I also didn't like Rosenberg having Jean saying she didn't understand the Phoenix and she didn't have a destiny with it (or whatever she said). Jean seemed to know what the Phoenix was about in Endsong and seemed to understand their connection.

I'm rambling so I'm out. Even as Phoenix fan it makes my head hurt. I wish the streamlined version that Morrison wrote had lasted. I think the phoenix is less confusing when it is a part of Jean and not some world destroying cosmic trickster.
    Rosenberg's resurrection was wasted anyone. Considering how not too much later mutants were resurrected in Krakoa, including Jean herself, Marvel wasted their time bringing Jean back in Rosenberg's lame story.

Due to that I have no problem with them ignoring X-Men Red as well. The X-Men got rebooted and everything Rosenberg wrote was crap anyway.

I agree with you on the Phoenix with it is a part of Jean, and I'm pretty sure better days are ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They were all the terrigen mists they had, if they destroyed it inhumans would never get new inhumans.
    I think it dragged too long, at a point of making inhumans the villains.
    I think that x fans bought the Inhumans are substituing the x-men, that wasn't true at all. Marvel was investing on Inhumans at the same time they got a cut on x-men. But inhumans didn't got tons of A names artists and writers. Inhumans talent was very on par with X-men talent
    Not true. The Inhumans have had several different ways to awaken over the years. Terrigen is just the primary one.

I feel slow for only just realizing today that the Jean Grey logo that debuted with Jeen's series a couple years ago has had a Phoenix emblem in it all along. -_-

I never knew that either
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-21-2019 at 03:32 PM.

I never new that either
    I loved the teen Jean solo series logo and I loved the phoenix emblem being planted in the "y" of her name. It is a nice fit especially if she's not going to have the codename and mostly go by Jean Grey, it gives us just a little taste of her history/legacy imo.

I liked the Phoenix logo for Phoenix Endsong, and I also liked the one for Phoenix Resurrection. Which one did you all like better?

Endsong had one of my favorites. Putting it in the y of Jean Grey is also a really nice touch.

I never knew that either
    I am a bit ashamed that I never noticed it before. Especially as i love Jean as Phoenix.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I feel slow for only just realizing today that the Jean Grey logo that debuted with Jeen's series a couple years ago has had a Phoenix emblem in it all along. -_-

Hm and on Nov. 21, 2019 I learned that Jean Grey's logo has a Phoenix in the "Y" because I never noticed before as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Hm and on Nov. 21, 2019 I learned that Jean Grey's logo has a Phoenix in the "Y" because I never noticed before as well.
    Happy to know that I am not alone here. Never noticed it. But to be honest, I never cared that much about Jeen, and now, I think it was better to not care : it's like she has never existed, which is sad, especially for the fans who loved her. I know adult Jean now is supposed to have Jeen's memories, so those 2 characters are 1. But I have the feeling, it will be completely ignored. Adult Jean, never showed power feats that Jeen displayed... Weird.

My question now, why do Marvel want readers to invest in a character for years, to completely ignore her/him later on? I know, it happens when a character is not that popular, or when a character lose popularity with time. But we're talking about a teen Jean Grey, who even had her own solo book. I know that consistency is not a strong suit in the comics industry, but I always loved the idea that one day, it could be. Yeah, I'm dreaming to loud.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Happy to know that I am not alone here. Never noticed it. But to be honest, I never cared that much about Jeen, and now, I think it was better to not care : it's like she has never existed, which is sad, especially for the fans who loved her. I know adult Jean now is supposed to have Jeen's memories, so those 2 characters are 1. But I have the feeling, it will be completely ignored. Adult Jean, never showed power feats that Jeen displayed... Weird.

My question now, why do Marvel want readers to invest in a character for years, to completely ignore her/him later on? I know, it happens when a character is not that popular, or when a character lose popularity with time. But we're talking about a teen Jean Grey, who even had her own solo book. I know that consistency is not a strong suit in the comics industry, but I always loved the idea that one day, it could be. Yeah, I'm dreaming to loud.
    The people in charge at Marvel right now are not the same ones that were involved in Teen Jean's run. Its as simple as that

The people in charge at Marvel right now are not the same ones that were involved in Teen Jean's run. Its as simple as that
    Editors, publishers, writers... When they change and ignore pretty much of what was done before, it doesn't help a book, most of the time. Things feel forced, and not organic imo.
    That I liked it or not (And I didn't like Jeen much), she's a part of adult Jean now. This shouldn't be forgotten.

Editors, publishers, writers... When they change and ignore pretty much of what was done before, it doesn't help a book, most of the time. Things feel forced, and not organic imo.
    That I liked it or not (And I didn't like Jeen much), she's a part of adult Jean now. This shouldn't be forgotten.
    I get that but I dont think its safe to really say its been ignored yet. HoX was the first 616 story with Jean post-Extermination and well Hickman doesnt have a good grasp on Jean's voice. X-Force will be her first ongoing which should allow for room for her to be explored so anything from Teen Jean may or may not come into play but its too soon to tell yet

I get that but I dont think its safe to really say its been ignored yet. HoX was the first 616 story with Jean post-Extermination and well Hickman doesnt have a good grasp on Jean's voice. X-Force will be her first ongoing which should allow for room for her to be explored so anything from Teen Jean may or may not come into play but its too soon to tell yet
    Yes. X-Force Jean's voice seems in character so far, so I guess we'll have to wait and see if the subject is touched or mentioned again. I mean, it doesn't need to be a big deal of it, but there such a difference between mentioning it once in a while, and completely erasing it.

Dawn of X is really forced, the intention seems to shock and generate gossip instead of developing the characters. So far the worse i saw was Laura