Page 210 of 626 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 9381
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    If Jean has stayed dead after the DPS would you guys/girls even be X-men fans?

I don't think i would. There are other characters i like on the X-books but not enough to follow them.
    what about you?
    In all likelihood? I may not even be a huge fan of Marvel Comics if not for Jean, so... no.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    If Jean hadn't returned, she most likely wouldn't even have been on TAS and most X-Men adaptations like she has.
    Yeah, I strongly doubt she would if she wasn't in the Blue/Gold teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It's hard to predict how the X-Men mythos would be if Jean stayed dead.
    There's a good What If story there if someone does it right- what if she never returned or only returned today, making her a woman out of time?

I'd argue that if she never returned until today that she would do the same exact thing as she did in X-Men Red and X-Factor with an added redemption tour but that the MU would be a much worse place. And, well, presuming that everything happened the exact same then it's entirely possible or likely that Magneto would have destroyed the world in Planet X.

Alternatively: Madelyne Pryor becomes a hero and effectively supplants Jean in history.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    If Jean has stayed dead after the DPS would you guys/girls even be X-men fans?

I don't think i would. There are other characters i like on the X-books but not enough to follow them.
    what about you?
    I think I would still be a fan, but not a big x-men fan. I really like Rogue and kitty, but not as much as Jean.

Well, of course, any What If? that follows a logical conclusion would be "Without hero X who saved the world countless times, the world would be destroyed one of those countless times", but the best writers know how to build a good story out of it and go to different places.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Well, of course, any What If? that follows a logical conclusion would be "Without hero X who saved the world countless times, the world would be destroyed one of those countless times", but the best writers know how to build a good story out of it and go to different places.
    Like I said - only assuming that everything else was the exact same.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'd argue that if she never returned until today that she would do the same exact thing as she did in X-Men Red and X-Factor with an added redemption tour but that the MU would be a much worse place. And, well, presuming that everything happened the exact same then it's entirely possible or likely that Magneto would have destroyed the world in Planet X.

Alternatively: Madelyne Pryor becomes a hero and effectively supplants Jean in history.
    or Rachel grey. or the two.

So, is Hickman keeping things from AoX? Is Jean staying with Bishop since some of you were saying that the writers were hinting at it being permanent, but this interview with Hickman makes it seem like he's ignoring most of AoX:

knowing what I had planned, Jordan and the writers put together a mix of very intriguing stories and series, and outside of a few extremely minor things, no one was given story beats to hit, or departure points, and I personally didn't give anyone notes. Both House of X and Powers of X start in a really clean place. So those lead-up books had a very particular mandate, which was basically, ‘just go nuts, swing away, and knock it out of the park.'
    Do you guys think he's putting Jean and Scott back together or not?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think he will put much attention to romance. But we will have to wait and see. Nothing is clear or defined

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    So, is Hickman keeping things from AoX? Is Jean staying with Bishop since some of you were saying that the writers were hinting at it being permanent, but this interview with Hickman makes it seem like he's ignoring most of AoX:

Hickman is ignoring it. All the hate on Bishop was for nothing.

No idea what is his views on Jott or what h eis going to do. I wouldn't hold my breathe and i would put my expectations on negative if I was a fan of the couple

Thank you to all the people who answered my question.

I asked this because for some people Jean is just another character but for most people on this thread she is the most important one. Of course the answer would be different than the other thread

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post

Hickman is 100% ignoring Jean and Bishop because, not only this run has been planned before Age of X-man, but the "romance" between the two of them was, according to JDW, a last minute thing because Jean "need more love interests" because Cyke, Logan and Angel weren't enough (of course, many suspect the real reason was because they wanted to be woke and put the black guy with the white lady).

Anyway, in the minis at least, I don't think Hickman will put a lot of focus on romance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Hickman is ignoring it. All the hate on Bishop was for nothing.

No idea what is his views on Jott or what h eis going to do. I wouldn't hold my breathe and i would put my expectations on negative if I was a fan of the couple
    I assume he’s gonna **** all over them.
    I guess the movie might be worth watching.

Please don't derail this thread into hate for Scott, Logan, Emma or Bishop. This thread is not for that.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-28-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Hickman is 100% ignoring Jean and Bishop because, not only this run has been planned before Age of X-man, but the "romance" between the two of them was, according to JDW, a last minute thing because Jean "need more love interests" because Cyke, Logan and Angel weren't enough (of course, many suspect the real reason was because they wanted to be woke and put the black guy with the white lady).

Anyway, in the minis at least, I don't think Hickman will put a lot of focus on romance.
    Jean never dated Logan or Angel. Her only relationship is with Cyclops and by conclusion it might still be the only one

Black people date white people because they like each other, not because they are woke