Page 15 of 626 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Yes, it was the end of the Dead means dead rule, at the same time, Psylocke was brought back too!
    End? It was right after Morrison run, when Whedon took over? so the dead means dead is BS

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    End? It was right after Morrison run, when Whedon took over? so the dead means dead is BS
    Well, I suppose Quesada is a man of contradictions!
    Or that he really had a problem with Jean. If I remember well, he used to mock Dazzler too!

Well, I suppose Quesada is a man of contradictions!
    Or that he really had a problem with Jean. If I remember well, he used to mock Dazzler too!
    Peter died in 2001 and was back on 2004 or early 2005. Quesada wasn't serious about his rule, Jean case always seemed like personal hate

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I remember it being a big deal that when they released the promo image for Marvel Now, it was drawn by Quesada and had Jean Grey on it because of his supposed hatred toward her.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Peter died in 2001 and was back on 2004 or early 2005. Quesada wasn't serious about his rule, Jean case always seemed like personal hate
    He also felt that Jean should have remained dead after the end of the Dark Phoenix saga, as he felt that she had done nothing spectacular since her return. But with that said he allowed Jeen to be brought to the future (he was still EIC then). So he violated his rule again.

BANNED

What I heard was that he thought the mistake on phoenix saga was bringing Jean back to life. Anyway if you know that you editor won't let you revive a character, why kill it first?
    Colossus wasn't brought back when Quesada was EiC?
    That is what I heard too. He thought the mistake was bringing Jean back to life in X-Factor, and that she should have stayed dead.

BANNED

I have a question: Why people keep saying that Morrisson hated Jean Grey?
    I remember the run and I didn't find her unlikable, her problematics where well defined. She was at the same time dealing with a surge in powers that she tried to control (this time better than the first) and was powerless to keep her husband from drifting to Emma's arms.
    So, Okay he killed her but since the Phoenix was back we knew she was going to die anyway.
    Her death didn't have to do with the Phoenix. Quesada and Morrison felt Jean should have remained dead at the end of Dark Phoenix saga. Morrison also hated Jean's marriage with Scott. He wanted to break that up too.

Obviously at some point Jean was going to come back. So they tried writing Emma as the better partner for Scott. But ultimately that was ended at the end of AvX and for good during the Death of X storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Her death didn't have to do with the Phoenix. Quesada and Morrison felt Jean should have remained dead at the end of Dark Phoenix saga. Morrison also hated Jean's marriage with Scott. He wanted to break that up too.

Obviously at some point Jean was going to come back. So they tried writing Emma as the better partner for Scott. But ultimately that was ended at the end of AvX and for good during the Death of X storyline.
    For now but things change. Emma played an integral part in Scott's characterization for many years and Scemma has a lot of fans. It stands to reason that someday in the future or even in a couple months, someone at Marvel could decide Scemma was a better couple, just like Quesada believed Jean made a bigger impact as an idea rather than having her alive in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    For now but things change. Emma played an integral part in Scott's characterization for many years and Scemma has a lot of fans. It stands to reason that someday in the future or even in a couple months, someone at Marvel could decide Scemma was a better couple, just like Quesada believed Jean made a bigger impact as an idea rather than having her alive in the books.
    Well said but this isn't that era anymore, where heroes fight among themselves and the villains were made to look good as better than heroes. So i hope this time in this new era Marvel would open their eyes to produce a story of a proper hero vs maniac villain which will get people hook on. Like DC has done with the event dark knight metal

Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    Well said but this isn't that era anymore, where heroes fight among themselves and the villains were made to look good as better than heroes. So i hope this time in this new era Marvel would open their eyes to produce a story of a proper hero vs maniac villain which will get people hook on. Like DC has done with the event dark knight metal
    One can always hope, all I'm saying is that we should assume nothing at this point because who knows what'll happen or what could happen in a couple years.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    What I've heard is that Morrison wanted to tell the definitive Phoenix story - which meant the Phoenix being Phoenix and reviving Jean, in his original plan, nearly immediately after she was killed off. But he had a family emergency and had to leave the book, paired with Quesada's dead means dead rule, so we got Here Comes Tomorrow instead.
    As far as i know Morrison's break up with Marvel was more complicated than that. There is a reason he doesn't want to come back. I think things didn't end well between him and quesada but he also commented one time that he prefered DC over marvel.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

What I heard was that he thought the mistake on phoenix saga was bringing Jean back to life.
    Sadly there always have been people at Marvel who think this way. Even Claremont is always repeating that Jean should have never come back. For some editors and writers Jean is better as a symbol of everything good on the x-men, but also a symbol of tragedy and loss.
    To be honest the X-men are something different depending on if Jean is dead or alive. No other death has a huge impact as hers.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-07-2019 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Sadly there always have been people at Marvel who think this way. Even Claremont is always repeating that Jean should have never come back. For some editors and writers Jean is better as a symbol of everything good on the x-men, but also a symbol of tragedy and loss.
    To be honest the X-men are something different depending on if Jean is dead or alive. No other death has a huge impact as hers.
    Claremont said that because of maddie and his original plan maddie=jean.
    Jean as a idea was a excuse for taking her out of story, since characters got ressurrect all the time while Jean was dead

Amazing Member

as long as Jean gets a new costume, a sexy one yet not too revealing one should be good.

please no shoulder pad and no weird face tiara-mask whatever.

actually Jean's revolution costume was quite amazing, when she lost her TK but obtain Psylocke's TP.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the_whitequeen View Post
    as long as Jean gets a new costume, a sexy one yet not too revealing one should be good.

please no shoulder pad and no weird face tiara-mask whatever.

actually Jean's revolution costume was quite amazing, when she lost her TK but obtain Psylocke's TP.
    I like her new Phoenix costume from Phoenix Resurrection.