Page 346 of 626 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356396446 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    But that doesnt fit for a number of reasons.

A) In her fifth life, Moira met Xavier when she was 13. He's slightly older than her. Either way, neither was 12.

B) This New X-men scene happened in current timeline. Xavier wouldnt have the memories of his life from Moira's fifth life to recall.

C) I dont beleive the 12th birthday party memory and day with Moira are connected at all. Xavier is spouting out random memories in this scene and that panel is cropped intentionally to make a connection but if you view the entire page, he is rambling on about random unconnected moments from his life
    But on the final page did it not suggest that Moira opening her mind to Xavier was her sharing the memories of all of her previous lives with him, imparting knowledge of past errors in order to ensure that this time, together, they “break the rules” and get things right? If so, this potentially corresponds with this moment in NXM and means Charles would’ve been able to recall Moira’s fifth life. Of course, the implication of point A and her being 13 still stands but a connection could still be possible as long as further expansion from Hickman is on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    But on the final page did it not suggest that Moira opening her mind to Xavier was her sharing the memories of all of her previous lives with him, imparting knowledge of past errors in order to ensure that this time, together, they “break the rules” and get things right? If so, this potentially corresponds with this moment in NXM and means Charles would’ve been able to recall Moira’s fifth life. Of course, the implication of point A and her being 13 still stands but a connection could still be possible as long as further expansion from Hickman is on the horizon.
    yeah he saw stuff through her eyes. Those still arent his memories and he wouldnt be recollecting something that Moira lived through as if it happened to him. I view that as Teen Jean accessing Beast's memories to learn about her adult self from him. She didnt start referencing or talking about those memories as if they were hers, bc they werent. They were a third party's PoV of something another version of herself experienced. That would be the same case for Xavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nothing about the issue says she is using Phoenix life fire or anything Phoenix related. Phoenix life fire? Is that a term you made up? She is using her TK, which she's always had . Her eyes were firey but her power signature was pink/purple and there is no Phoenix raptor. You are seeing something that you want to see thats not there. Rachel was being powerful as she used to be, before previous writers nerfed her. She didnt do anything in the issue Phoenix related that was beyond her normal capabilities

She’s using the Phoenix voice bubbles and her energy signature is fiery again. These are her Phoenix powers. Nowhere does the issue deny this.

She took out Stryfe, which is a power level beyond what a Rachel with no Phoenix powers could do. As the Mother Askani even after she technically didn’t host the force itself she still had Phoenix powers and this was referenced in the Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Even if she had the Phoenix at that point, she doesn't have it now. Rachel didn't take the Mother Askani powers with her as far as we know.

Also, this is the Jean thread, guys.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Even if she had the Phoenix at that point, she doesn't have it now. Rachel didn't take the Mother Askani powers with her as far as we know.

Also, this is the Jean thread, guys.
    We don't know that as of yet you mean? And, Rachel is always welcomed in her mother's thread

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

HOX and POX have been awesome but sadly it feels it will be the Xavier, Moira, Magneto show. Maybe something for Sinister or Apocalypse but it doesn't look like there is going to be much of the rest. Including Jean, Storm, Cyclops, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    HOX and POX have been awesome but sadly it feels it will be the Xavier, Moira, Magneto show. Maybe something for Sinister or Apocalypse but it doesn't look like there is going to be much of the rest. Including Jean, Storm, Cyclops, etc.
    True. Its more or less setting the stage for the next era of X-men

Hickman said that she was prominent on HOXPOX, maybe he was realy lying

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think that he means going forward (remember the team on the cover of HoX3/4? whatever issue that was?) and then in Dawn of X. She's one of two characters solicited to be in two books in October.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think that he means going forward (remember the team on the cover of HoX3/4? whatever issue that was?) and then in Dawn of X. She's one of two characters solicited to be in two books in October.
    I think the question was baout HOXPOX on x-monday, not about dawn of x.

X-men is a rotating cast, so she won't be on the book for long

I think the question was baout HOXPOX on x-monday, not about dawn of x.

X-men is a rotating cast, so she won't be on the book for long
    If the book centers around Cyclops, which it appears to, Jean is bound to be in it frequently if not consistently.

I still say there are tears in Jean's eyes in issue 1 when Xavier tells her they're "safe." And she's an Omega level telepath, not Xavier.
    I believe there's something more to this and Jean-on some level-knows what's up.
    She's wearing that old costume for a reason. Is she being held back or regressed?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I still say there are tears in Jean's eyes in issue 1 when Xavier tells her they're "safe." And she's an Omega level telepath, not Xavier.
    I believe there's something more to this and Jean-on some level-knows what's up.
    She's wearing that old costume for a reason. Is she being held back or regressed?
    My theory is Xavier is holding her back. The costume is symbolic of that

I'm of the mind that Xavier is using his cerebro helmet or whatever it is to influence all of them, not just Jean. Jean, and maybe Quentin, are just the only ones powerful enough to realize it.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I don't think Xavier is manipulating Jean but he is not telling everybody the truth. I saw Jean being happy about mutants finally having some peace for a while, sadly and obvioously she will be dissapointed.