Page 363 of 626 FirstFirst ... 263313353359360361362363364365366367373413463 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 9381
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Morrison remains one of the best writers for Jean IMO. He pushed the character forward in a much needed direction when he took over, and its sad that more people don't appreciate that. I understand the ending for Jean wasn't ideal, and Jott breaking up was sad, but I loved what he did for her character as an individual.

Disgusting. But hey if that was good work I would certainly love other characters getting the same treatment.
    First someone should kill Emma but before that all her relationships have to be butchered in the worst way. Let's share that blessing, see how funny and cool was that for Jean.
    Keep Emma dead for 14 years, I mean everybody is saying that was great for Jean so please do the same for Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Yeah. I've been severely struggling with my depression, and I tend to get angry and combative on here and Twitter when I'm not doing great. I'm not trying to start fights, just a lot of things about comic books these days bother me. But that's on me and I shouldn't take it out on people on here.
    That explains some of your recent post. Also, i hope that you get better man, i wish you the best.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    That explains some of your recent post. Also, i hope that you get better man, i wish you the best.
    Thanks. I appreciate that.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Thanks. I appreciate that.
    Yeah, hopefully things improve for you, man.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Disgusting. But hey if that was good work I would certainly love other characters getting the same treatment.
    First someone should kill Emma but before that all her relationships have to be butchered in the worst way. Let's share that blessing, see how funny and cool was that for Jean.

Keep Emma dead for 14 years, I mean everybody is saying that was great for Jean so please do the same for Emma.
    Anything to keep Emma on equal footing with Jean, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    I will never understand how someone can be a huge fan of a paragon of compassion and empathy, and then post stuff like this.

Literally no one in the history of anything ever has said anything remotely close to what you're insinuating.

Fantastic Member

As a more casual fan at the time, I will say that I was shocked with how GM wrote the fall of the Scott and Jean marriage. I think Jean's character was the only one NOT given a POV. Scott, we got to see lament his sorrows and conflict at a strip club with Sebastian Shaw. Emma cried crocodile tears in Logan's arms (Logan, one of the people closest to Jean, comforting Emma Frost?!?!?!?!?).

For Jean, GM had Beast (someone who loved her like a Sister) lecturing Jean that she was too hard on her husbands girlfriend. SMH.

I'm just relieved we are unlikely to ever see Morrison writing the Jean Grey character again. I can only hope it's onward and upward from this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Morrison remains one of the best writers for Jean IMO. He pushed the character forward in a much needed direction when he took over, and its sad that more people don't appreciate that. I understand the ending for Jean wasn't ideal, and Jott breaking up was sad, but I loved what he did for her character as an individual.
    I have a hard time seeing how Morrison is ever good for Jean, the bad easily outweight the good

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I have a hard time seeing how Morrison is ever good for Jean, the bad easily outweight the good
    The good: 99.999% of the entire run.

The bad: The very last moment of the run.

Okay...

I still fail to see how you hate Morrison so bad. Grant Morrison was not the Editor in Chief ordering to keep Jean dead for 14 years. Grant Morrison was the not the person who made the decision to break up Scott and Jean. Grant Morrison was not the person who made the decision to kill Jean at all. Literally everything you hate about the run is 100% Joe Quesada's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    As a more casual fan at the time, I will say that I was shocked with how GM wrote the fall of the Scott and Jean marriage. I think Jean's character was the only one NOT given a POV. Scott, we got to see lament his sorrows and conflict at a strip club with Sebastian Shaw. Emma cried crocodile tears in Logan's arms (Logan, one of the people closest to Jean, comforting Emma Frost?!?!?!?!?).

For Jean, GM had Beast (someone who loved her like a Sister) lecturing Jean that she was too hard on her husbands girlfriend. SMH.

I'm just relieved we are unlikely to ever see Morrison writing the Jean Grey character again. I can only hope it's onward and upward from this point.
    I think that Logan kida of was soft because he was on the same place that Emma. But eventually everyone accepted Emma because writers wanted so.

Jean was setup to fail, she wasn't mean to be relatable or people feel sorry for her. Morrison thought very well of the story he was telling, Jean died and there wasn't riots because he wrote as a mercy killing

I will never understand how someone can be a huge fan of a paragon of compassion and empathy, and then post stuff like this.
    Evangelical Christians read comics too. They just read them for the rivalries. Find the "best" option, and fight like hell. Everything, and I mean everything, is seen as an attack in that rivalry.

*best options are usually the ones that require the least work.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 08-18-2019 at 03:36 PM.

The good: 99.999% of the entire run.

The bad: The very last moment of the run.

Okay...

I still fail to see how you hate Morrison so bad. Grant Morrison was not the Editor in Chief ordering to keep Jean dead for 14 years. Grant Morrison was the not the person who made the decision to break up Scott and Jean. Grant Morrison was not the person who made the decision to kill Jean at all. Literally everything you hate about the run is 100% Joe Quesada's fault.
    The whole run wasn't exactly good, sure the end was a giant ball of crap.

Quesada didn't ordered anything, it is all Morrison. There is no point in saying that it was another person, when we know that Morrison had green card to do what he wanted

Literally no one in the history of anything ever has said anything remotely close to what you're insinuating.
    Well, if someone killed Emma and treated her character like garbage and then forbidden everybody else from writing stories about Emma I don't think you would love it. It doens't matter how supposedly good was his Jean, it only prived us of an entire decade of other takes on Jean. One "good" story is not worth that. The DPS wasn't worth that and even less something less significant as Morrison's run.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The whole run wasn't exactly good, sure the end was a giant ball of crap.

Quesada didn't ordered anything, it is all Morrison. There is no point in saying that it was another person, when we know that Morrison had green card to do what he wanted
    We all know that what you're saying ISN'T TRUE. You have an axe to grind against Morrison, and refuse to see the truth: Joe Quesada ordered the ending of Morrison's run. The last ten years of X-Men comics have completely proven that when the EiC wants something to happen, it happens period. That's how we got Schism, AvX, IvX, and everything up until Hickman: because of editorial mandates. Quesada gave Morrison the freedom to do what he wanted, as long as he did two things: end Scott and Jean's relationship, and kill Jean.