Page 523 of 626 FirstFirst ... 23423473513519520521522523524525526527533573623 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,845 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That really sucks a lot.

Jean really is a afterthought. As a meta is even worse, as she has to be tied to Scott always
    OMG, she isn't an afterthought, she has a staring role in X-Force and she'll be rotating in X-Men.

I get that you wish Chris Claremont was writing Spirit, but I think Hickman is going to do just fine writing Jean and I think he has a plan for her. They are already talking that Jean's uniform is going to change in a few months, it maybe means she is going to be the Phoenix again, or it may mean she regains all of her memories, or it means something happens and she decides to do a new costume. They obviously have plans for Jean for a while since they already have plans for her that go into next year.

Plus to be perfectly honest, Jean's variant covers are some of the top sellers, they know she is a popular character. There is no editor who's ex-wife was a redhead who wants to write MJ and Jean out of the comics this time around. I am pretty sure Jean is going to have a featured role in everything going forward.

Heck, she's a member of the Quiet Council, she is going to be showing up in other books. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jean in Marauders having meetings with Emma, Storm, and Kitty!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I mean Jean hasn't had it great but she still has gotten more than other girls like Storm, Kitty or Betsy.
    They were mia for all of HOX and POX (except Storm but she did little, only talk like a cultist).
    Yes, I know she didn't got much on those books either but at least she was there. She is always a important character in one way or the other.
    things could be worse.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-20-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I mean Jean hasn't had it great but she still has gotten more than other girls like Storm, Kitty or Betsy.
    They were mia for all of HOX and POX (except Storm but she did little, only talk like a cultist).
    Yes, I know she didn't got much on those books either but at least she was there. She is always a important character in one way or the other.
    things could be worse.
    X-Force is coming out in two weeks. Plus Jean is definitely going to rotate on X-Men.

Because Storm, Kitty, Emma, and Sebastian are all on Marauders I think there is a chance we'll see some of the Quiet Council Meetings in Marauders, which means Jean is going to show up in that book too.

To me X-Men #1 was setting the tone for the 2 main families and storm. We got a glimpse of Magneto and Lorna, Scott and his family, and a glimpse of Storm as pretty much the spiritual leader of Krakoa.

I think we'll be visiting the Summers House from time to time which means we can see Scott and Jean interacting there and interacting with Alex, Vulcan, Rachel, Nathan, and Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    OMG, she isn't an afterthought, she has a staring role in X-Force and she'll be rotating in X-Men.

I get that you wish Chris Claremont was writing Spirit, but I think Hickman is going to do just fine writing Jean and I think he has a plan for her. They are already talking that Jean's uniform is going to change in a few months, it maybe means she is going to be the Phoenix again, or it may mean she regains all of her memories, or it means something happens and she decides to do a new costume. They obviously have plans for Jean for a while since they already have plans for her that go into next year.

Plus to be perfectly honest, Jean's variant covers are some of the top sellers, they know she is a popular character. There is no editor who's ex-wife was a redhead who wants to write MJ and Jean out of the comics this time around. I am pretty sure Jean is going to have a featured role in everything going forward.

Heck, she's a member of the Quiet Council, she is going to be showing up in other books. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jean in Marauders having meetings with Emma, Storm, and Kitty!
    No, I don't wish Claremont was writing the book, as he still has problems with Jean because of Maddie.

On my post I really refering to how Marvel screw over Jean intentionally and unintentionally. Killing her whole family was low.
    All major developemnts of 2000s are just glossed over and resolved in few panels.

Its good that Jean gonna be on x-force, has a role on the council, and gonna change the costume soon. But I still don't trust Hickman, i don't think he gets the character at all

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    No, I don't wish Claremont was writing the book, as he still has problems with Jean because of Maddie.

On my post I really refering to how Marvel screw over Jean intentionally and unintentionally. Killing her whole family was low.
    All major developemnts of 2000s are just glossed over and resolved in few panels.

Its good that Jean gonna be on x-force, has a role on the council, and gonna change the costume soon. But I still don't trust Hickman, i don't think he gets the character at all
    Well my favourite character is Rachel and I hated that as the witness to the Death of the Greys she couldn't even save one member of her family. So yeah, I can commiserate with you about Jean losing all of her extended family because my favourite character was forced to witness it and got branded on her back to remind her about it for the rest of her life.

Hickman isn't the only one writing and we haven't seen enough yet to know what's going on with Jean. Just a few glimpses so far, but Jean's story is about to pick up considerably in 2 weeks when X-Force starts.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Hickman isn't the only one writing and we haven't seen enough yet to know what's going on with Jean. Just a few glimpses so far, but Jean's story is about to pick up considerably in 2 weeks when X-Force starts.
    Apparently she will disagree with Beast too. I wonder, what kind of moral disagrement these two could have?
    Nobody likes Beast anymore
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-20-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Apparently she will disagree with Beast too. I wonder, what kind of moral disagrement these two could have?
    Nobody likes Beast anymore
    Maybe Jean has more doubts than we think she does. Even Emma has some doubts too, it's one of the reasons her pick for the council is skeptical Kate.

It's possible that Jean's telepathy might be interfering a little with the Kool Aid and she sometimes can resist it's influence. That may even be the ongoing story for Jean, her increasing resistance to whatever is making everyone compliant to the new order and less questioning.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Classic art of Jean by various artists from her first four decades of being published in the 1960s through the 1990s:

Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, Werner Roth, Jack Sparling

Dan Adkins, Don Heck, Barry Windsor-Smith, Neal Adams

Tom Sutton, Sal Buscema, Gil Kane, Dave Cockrum

John Byrne, John Buscema, Jackson Guice, Keith Pollard

Paul Neary, Bob Layton, Rick Leonardi, Jon Bogdanove

Walt Simonson, Rob Liefeld, Paul Smith, Rich Buckler

Kieron Dwyer, Mike Collins, Whilce Portacio, Terry Shoemaker

Jim Lee, Richard Bennett, Andy Kubert, Liam Sharp

Gary Frank, Chris Bachalo, Salvador Larroca, Brandon Peterson
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 10-20-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

The 90s costume was the high watermark of Jean's costume design for me. Nothing before or after could ever top it in my kokoro.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    Hmm, I had a similar theory but I thought the “change” was after the resurrection. Everyone is cloned with altered mind, but this theory makes more sense since Jean was actin like a rookie in one of the issues.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    The 90s costume was the high watermark of Jean's costume design for me. Nothing before or after could ever top it in my kokoro.
    I won’t front, none of Jeans outfits are good. Maybe, just maybe, NXM
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    I won’t front, none of Jeans outfits are good. Maybe, just maybe, NXM
    Eh - I disagree. I like quite a few of her costumes... though I also disagree that the 90s look is good. But I'm fond of the Phoenix looks - all of them - most of the X-Factor looks, the New X-Men look (esp. with the trench coat), Red, and while I've grown less and less fond of her in the Marvel Girl dress in modern times I don't actually hate the design.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    No. I do not want another “it is not me” story. Now she may have a reset mind, or there may be more going on that meets the eye but Jean’s history is convoluted enough to make this yet another clone or some broken copy, or false copy or whatever story. I’d rather Jean just be in a transitional phase of some kind. I’d also rather not see her being manipulated by Xavier as that would once again paint Xavier in a villain like light.

I guess we should see how Percy uses her before jumping to too many conclusions about Jean not being the real deal.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 10-21-2019 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    No. I do not want another “it is not me” story. Now she may have a reset mind, or three may be more going on that meets the eye but Jean’s history is convoluted enough to make this yet another clone or some broken copy, or false copy or whatever story. I’d rather Jean just be in a transitional phase of some kind. I’d also rather not see her being manipulated by Xavier as that would once again paint Xavier in a villain like light.

I guess we should see how Percy uses her before jumping to too many conclusions about Jean not being the real deal.
    I hope that you're rite about this