Page 549 of 626 FirstFirst ... 49449499539545546547548549550551552553559599 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Even without the Phoenix, Jean should be a force to be reckoned.
    In fact now that she doesn't have it is the perfect time to show she doesn't depend on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Pink form requires psionic energy to tap into, she was in the middle of space surrounded by robots, still while I believe her basic tk would be enough to avoid being crushed, surviving the abrupt conditions of open space would have killed her for sure especially after all the strain and damage sustained.
    She's flown unaided through space no problems plenty of times without the Phoenix tho...Her Forcefields are usually on the high end of things
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    She's flown unaided through space no problems plenty of times without the Phoenix tho...Her Forcefields are usually on the high end of things
    Yhea sure, I'm just guessing that due to having to mantain tp transmission, injuries from the explosion, sentinel assaul and shock at scott death she did not have the time to create a properly oxygenated protection from cold and vacuum.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Jean being the empathic person she is and using her telepathy to connect to Krakoa meant that she was really the only character readers could connect with on the mission. Her expressions in the water and tech at Krakoa were beautiful and her distress sold Xavier's "no more."

I want to know what Jean thinks about the Phoenix now that resurrection is a regular part of Krakoan life and culture. The Phoenix used many of the same techniques over the years... cocoons/eggs, clones, etc. But we also saw how manipulative it was in Phoenix: Resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Jean being the empathic person she is and using her telepathy to connect to Krakoa meant that she was really the only character readers could connect with on the mission. Her expressions in the water and tech at Krakoa were beautiful and her distress sold Xavier's "no more."

I want to know what Jean thinks about the Phoenix now that resurrection is a regular part of Krakoan life and culture. The Phoenix used many of the same techniques over the years... cocoons/eggs, clones, etc. But we also saw how manipulative it was in Phoenix: Resurrection.
    Don’t get me started on toxic relationship Phoenix lol The Phoenix should burn away lies and not create them. I’d love to see Jean embrace the Phoenix identity but it would have to be done right and carefully. I want to see Jean shown as a powerhouse without added power but also I love her as Phoenix. The Phoenix should be tied to her omega level telepathy imo...like when her power reaches that undefinable upper limit she automatically plugs into it.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Even without the Phoenix, Jean should be a force to be reckoned.
    In fact now that she doesn't have it is the perfect time to show she doesn't depend on it.
    You are not wrong! At least we had X-men Red.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

happy halloween jean fans !
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post

happy halloween jean fans !
    Spooky! I love this.

Happy Halloween!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Happy Halloweeng!
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

IMO, in X-Men Red, during the attack on Atlantis, Jean was both providing protection from the Ocean pressure for herself and Gentle, and also filtering the water for breathable air

I'm hoping X-Force has her do something competent with her TK...so far since this run began, all she's done telekinetically is levitate some dinner plates

And I agree with MechaJeanix, when Jean pushes herself or is amplified, she naturally plugs into the Phoenix. It's an extension of her natural abilities, as she has so stated herself...she doesn't need to be "possessed", like some other hosts.

Examples:

The first raw manifestation of her power when connected to Annie's mind and halting her transition to death for a moment, caught the attention of the Phoenix

The effort of trying to protect herself from the solar flare radiation, halting her own death despite her physical decay, for moments, until her union with the Phoenix

In early X-Factor, a mutant with power boost abilities amps the Alliance of Evil, Jean is shielding herself telekinetic from Stinger's amped up electric bolts, and Cyclops starts to see the Phoenix effect from the aura around Jean's shield

After OZT while they are in Alaska for Scott's recuperation, Jean manifests a Phoenix effect and declares she's no longer suppressing her powers because of the fears of others

Revolution, loses her TK, TP is boosted, and her focused TP attack takes on the form of a Phoenix raptor

NXM, her TK returns and so begins tapping into the Force in earnest

The trend follows in some non 616 stories too, like AOA Jean shielding the area from the bombs with her TK, and transforming into Phoenix after Havok "kills" her

Or X-Men forever, when Fabian Cortez amps her power, she immediately manifests a Phoenix effect and releases a tremendous amount of energy

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    IMO, in X-Men Red, during the attack on Atlantis, Jean was both providing protection from the Ocean pressure for herself and Gentle, and also filtering the water for breathable air

I'm hoping X-Force has her do something competent with her TK...so far since this run began, all she's done telekinetically is levitate some dinner plates

And I agree with MechaJeanix, when Jean pushes herself or is amplified, she naturally plugs into the Phoenix. It's an extension of her natural abilities, as she has so stated herself...she doesn't need to be "possessed", like some other hosts.

Examples:

The first raw manifestation of her power when connected to Annie's mind and halting her transition to death for a moment, caught the attention of the Phoenix

The effort of trying to protect herself from the solar flare radiation, halting her own death despite her physical decay, for moments, until her union with the Phoenix

In early X-Factor, a mutant with power boost abilities amps the Alliance of Evil, Jean is shielding herself telekinetic from Stinger's amped up electric bolts, and Cyclops starts to see the Phoenix effect from the aura around Jean's shield

After OZT while they are in Alaska for Scott's recuperation, Jean manifests a Phoenix effect and declares she's no longer suppressing her powers because of the fears of others

Revolution, loses her TK, TP is boosted, and her focused TP attack takes on the form of a Phoenix raptor

NXM, her TK returns and so begins tapping into the Force in earnest

The trend follows in some non 616 stories too, like AOA Jean shielding the area from the bombs with her TK, and transforming into Phoenix after Havok "kills" her

Or X-Men forever, when Fabian Cortez amps her power, she immediately manifests a Phoenix effect and releases a tremendous amount of energy
    Very informative recap of past events, thanks for the excellent post!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Sexiest hellfire queen ever

Gorgeous! Almost looks like an action figure with a luxurous silk cloak!

I wonder from which book this cover will be.

Also, this is so pretty
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Dx8Rve
    (neilson-melo-262.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-31-2019 at 02:27 PM.