Page 134 of 626 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 9381
    BANNED

Some websites are saying the X-Men will appear in MCU movies two years from now. Perhaps we'll see teasers before then. Especially if Dark Phoenix does good at the box office, we'll see Phoenix in the X-Men office soon enough, especially down the road as Phoenix/Jean appears in MCU.

Aaron's crap is over and cannot be put in the movies and really isn't viable for the company as a whole. It's just ridiculous fan fiction which never should have gotten through editorial.

Clearly certain idiots didn't understand the significant of the original Phoenix and Dark Phoenix sagas. And also, to constantly rip off something without coming up with your own original stuff? Lame, lame, lame.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Proof that the Phoenix force is under control of the Avengers office and that the X-office needs permission to use it? Even if that's true, proof that the X-Men office don't have said permission. Jean Grey just returned via the Phoenix force (for that matter the Phoenix was used to bring Scott back). So clearly the X-office does use Phoenix.

As for Rachel, even after Jean became Phoenix and died Rachel always had some Phoenix power. Even after the Phoenix sword fragment left her (stupid storyline) her power aura was often fiery like when she kicked baby Xavier's ass. From time to time she called herself Phoenix.
    Jean rennounced the phoenix. While Aaron keep using x-force a lot on the last 4 years.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Proof that the Phoenix force is under control of the Avengers office and that the X-office needs permission to use it? Even if that's true, proof that the X-Men office don't have said permission. Jean Grey just returned via the Phoenix force (for that matter the Phoenix was used to bring Scott back). So clearly the X-office does use Phoenix.

As for Rachel, even after Jean became Phoenix and died Rachel always had some Phoenix power. Even after the Phoenix sword fragment left her (stupid storyline) her power aura was often fiery like when she kicked baby Xavier's ass. From time to time she called herself Phoenix.
    The Phoenix Force is currently being primarily used in Avengers stories. Fact. Over the past 3 years the majority of uses of the Phoenix have been outside the X-men line. Yes we had it clearly in Resurrection and the Jean Grey series (and briefly with Jubilee). But it was also being used more predominantly in Thor and Thanos. and now the Avengers. So while I personally wouldn't go so far as to say the X-Office needs permission to use the PF, it's currently living in Avengersland for the time being with Aaron.

And with Rachel, she has had a fiery phoenix-like imagery associated with her even when she doesn't have a connection to the Phoenix Force. Rachel DID NOT have any access to the Phoenix Force in Claremont's run prior to her getting the echo in RAFOTSE. It was for imagery and to connect Rachel and Jean for readers unfamiliar with Rachel. Just like I think the X-Force cover is not Rachel getting the Phoenix, but that is her most iconic look and they're using it to herald her return.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    The Phoenix Force is currently being primarily used in Avengers stories. Fact. Over the past 3 years the majority of uses of the Phoenix have been outside the X-men line. Yes we had it clearly in Resurrection and the Jean Grey series (and briefly with Jubilee). But it was also being used more predominantly in Thor and Thanos. and now the Avengers. So while I personally wouldn't go so far as to say the X-Office needs permission to use the PF, it's currently living in Avengersland for the time being with Aaron.

And with Rachel, she has had a fiery phoenix-like imagery associated with her even when she doesn't have a connection to the Phoenix Force. Rachel DID NOT have any access to the Phoenix Force in Claremont's run prior to her getting the echo in RAFOTSE. It was for imagery and to connect Rachel and Jean for readers unfamiliar with Rachel. Just like I think the X-Force cover is not Rachel getting the Phoenix, but that is her most iconic look and they're using it to herald her return.
    I am actually hoping that they do something different this time and pursue Rachel being the Starchild (daughter of the Phoenix) and take that in interesting direction. I kind of hate Phoenix Wolverine, but you are sort of right that they are using Phoenix Wolverine and Ancient Phoenix a part of the Avengers and Thor storylines. I think there is room though to let Rachel be the present day daughter of the Phoenix and see where that goes next.

As for Jean herself, I love how she was in X-Men red, and I love how she felt that the Phoenix was actually holding her back. I also hope after AoXM that Jean gets to lead a team again. I would love it more than anything if Jean and Rachel can be on a team together, but I will be happy if the X-writers just let them interact and keep them both active on books even if it is separately.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

Proof that the X-Men office needs permission to use the Phoenix.
    If Rachel is using the Phoenix aura or imagery, the X-Office was at that TIME still using Phoenix.

I don't know what the politics behind the scenes are concerning usage of whatever characters, but if you're going to say the X-Office is banned from using Phoenix you need to present proof.

Just because the Phoenix appeared in Thor and in Thanos does not necessarily mean it's off limits to the X-Office, and I outlined the appearing of the Phoenix in Jean Grey's book and in Resurrection.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean rennounced the phoenix. While Aaron keep using x-force a lot on the last 4 years.
    Or it could be they just wanted to do 90s stories. Age of X-Man would not happen with Phoenix/Jean in the picture. It could be with the X-Men themselves going through a reboot they didn't want to use Phoenix for that.

But that does not mean they cannot use Phoenix if they don't want to. Again if some of you can show where this is in print, I'd like to see it.

Or it could be they just wanted to do 90s stories. Age of X-Man would not happen with Phoenix/Jean in the picture. It could be with the X-Men themselves going through a reboot they didn't want to use Phoenix for that.

But that does not mean they cannot use Phoenix if they don't want to. Again if some of you can show where this is in print, I'd like to see it.
    Jean renounced the Phoenix under a different regime at Marvel. Resurrection and X-men Red happened beore JDW took over with Dissassembled in the fall. They didnt have Jean renounce Phoenix bc they were prepping for Age of X-man bc that wasnt on the cards when Jean returned

If Rachel is using the Phoenix aura or imagery, the X-Office was at that TIME still using Phoenix.

I don't know what the politics behind the scenes are concerning usage of whatever characters, but if you're going to say the X-Office is banned from using Phoenix you need to present proof.

Just because the Phoenix appeared in Thor and in Thanos does not necessarily mean it's off limits to the X-Office, and I outlined the appearing of the Phoenix in Jean Grey's book and in Resurrection.
    This isnt an inquisition. No one has to present proof of anything.
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-22-2019 at 09:03 AM.

hahah the fact is no one knows for real, people here can only speculate and by the way I do agree with you.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

So the Phoenix Force is currently being used in Avengers stories and not in any X-Men ones. That's true, so therefore it would be proof and factual correct to say the Avengers Office are primarily using it in their stories at the moment. I mean it would be more correct to say that Aaron is using it in all of his stories, but I digress. It doesn't preclude the X-Office from doing so at all. But right now, it's the only place it's showing up.

Yes, although that's an entirely different topic that what I mentioned. A cover of Rachel in her most iconic look (which was as Phoenix) is not the same as her having it in the issue. Covers are almost always wrong or misleading. We won't know til June. But I don't think we will see ANYONE in the X-line have the Phoenix Force as it is currently being used in stories connected to the Avengers.[/QUOTE]

Please show me where in any of my posts that I said the X-Office is banned from using the Phoenix Force. Additionally please show me your Proof Police badge and number. As for the politics, it happens all the time. I don't have any insider information, all I'm saying is that based on the current vantage point it looks that all of the current use of the Phoenix Force comes from the Avengers. And it does.

Actually I outlined that point, but sure. It doesn't necessarily mean it's off limits, but to not confine the usage to one character or one line is problematic for readers. At one point you had the Phoenix Force fighting Thor and empowering QQ with it's power, you had at the same time Thane using all of the PF in a different book, and then you had QQ in Generation X with no Phoenix powers because there was no collaboration or communication with that writer. It's messy.

So to wrap this whole thing up nicely, I don't believe that we will see a Phoenix empowered X-character emerge again until Aaron is done with the current storyline with it's use. i could be entirely wrong, but it would make sense to not confuse readers again.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    I believe that we have gone full 90s! Possible return of Rachel as Phoenix!

Keep in mind that Excalibur may return so the timing is right.

Am so tired of Phoenix now, esp that it has becime Avengers property (which consudering their fear hate of it in AvX etc, is just misappropriation. Can we go for (mutant) cuktural misappropriation!?

But i am liking the picture!!

Maybe Rachel has Phoenix cinnection, but Jean shows her how to “reject” the Phoenix aspect of her and we getbsome good Jean / Rachel moments?

Is the picture a cover?

But Ibreally REALLY want writers to just stop usng Phoenix with anyone fir a few years. Just. Stop. Please.
    Last edited by Portsian; 03-22-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Fantastic Member

After many year and many terrible stories Marvel finally did it, to make me despised the phoenix. There's just nothing special about it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SerCo View Post
    After many year and many terrible stories Marvel finally did it, to make me despised the phoenix. There's just nothing special about it anymore.
    that is a problem for sure. Almost everyone became a phoenix host

A new 25th Annivesary issue for Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross' "Marvels" will be coming out and supposedly it'll focus on the X-Men. The cover looks like it's depicting a scene from Uncanny X-Men #98, when Jean, Wolverine, and Banshee were kidnapped by Sentinels and taken to their space station. This, of course, lead to Jean piloting the space shuttle on their way back through a solar flare and becoming Phoenix.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...h-anniversary/

Sketch by Fred Benes and colors by me.

BANNED

Jean doesn't have the Phoenix because they are still doing the "too powerful for the main character's girlfriend" thing, but hopefully if the Disney movies show Jean being powerful and confident, that'll push over to the books like all other synergy changes.