Page 212 of 626 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    Yes it is. They are the defining part of each other.
    There’s a movie coming out next week. I thought Jean fans would be more excited. I guess you guys must have read those pesky ol spoilers.
    I'll be watching it for sure. I like the Fox X-Men movies despite everyone else's opinions. I hope they don't kill Scott off early or at all like in X3! He always came off as the second most important person in the story of the Saga after Jean herself.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

There’s a movie coming out next week. I thought Jean fans would be more excited. I guess you guys must have read those pesky ol spoilers.
    Well, it is cool that she is finally getting the spotlight on a movie but sadly this story usually ends bad for her character. I'm going to see it but i would have prefered this story to be ignored or at least builded up a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    That's fine, it just seems that the conversations sometimes head into a ,well, bad direction.
    People are just really attached to these characters, lol!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Well, it is cool that she is finally getting the spotlight on a movie but sadly this story usually ends bad for her character. I'm going to see it but i would have prefered this story to be ignored or at least builded up a little more.
    Anything Phoenix related ends Bad for her, except for Resurrection.

Yes it is. They are the defining part of each other.
    I've seen the trailers before the spoilers. It didn't look good from the start. The movie has the major problem of not developing those central to it. It's just another stop on James and Michael's Excellent Adventure. DPS works because Jean was a Phoenix and a hero before going dark. Without that buildup, it's just pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I've seen the trailers before the spoilers. It didn't look good from the start. The movie has the major problem of not developing those central to it. It's just another stop on James and Michael's Excellent Adventure. DPS works because Jean was a Phoenix and a hero before going dark. Without that buildup, it's just pointless.
    It reduces the story to:
    Redhead goes crazy then dies.

that's sadly how many people see Jean and the DPS.

I am excited for the movie. I agree that I wish they would do a proper Phoenix saga before doing Dark Phoenix. Dark Phoenix defines Jean too much, when it was a brief moment in time and where we often forget that she was manipulated/violated by the Hellfire Club. The Phoenix often gets characterized as a destructive force but that is only one aspect of it. It does much good and so has Jean. It is too bad that in Phoenix Endsong and in Avengers vs X-men we went back to Dark Phoenix. It is unfortunate, but I can't wait to see Sophie as Phoenix. I am excited to see Jean in a big role.

Someone said something about Scott and Jean being a defining part of each other. I think no woman should be defined by a man. No partner should be defined by the other. Yes they can add to us and they are important, but anyone in a relationship should not lose themselves to the other person. Cyclops was allowed to be a complete character without Jean. Jean should be permitted to evolve in the same way. In fact we have seen Jean without Scott a few times before. I want to see them both as separate characters but I do think their connection should always remain. They should always love each other despite if they are together or not. I want to see them as friends and allies first before they get back together.

I've been reading Hickman's Black Monday Murders and some of his Fantastic Four run in preparation for House of X/Powers of X. I remain optimistic for the X-men. I really like the use of the "data pages" in Black Monday Murders. I look forward to the interesting things we will learn about the X-men and mutants in general.

I eagerly anticipate the voice that Hickman will give Jean and the others.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 05-28-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I am excited for the movie. I agree that I wish they would do a proper Phoenix saga before doing Dark Phoenix. Dark Phoenix defines Jean too much, when it was a brief moment in time and where we often forget that she was manipulated/violated by the Hellfire Club. The Phoenix often gets characterized as a destructive force but that is only one aspect of it. It does much good and so has Jean. It is too bad that in Phoenix Endsong and in Avengers vs X-men we went back to Dark Phoenix. It is unfortunate, but I can't wait to see Sophie as Phoenix. I am excited to see Jean in a big role.

Someone said something about Scott and Jean being a defining part of each other. I think no one should be defined by a man. No partner should be defined by the other. Yes they can add to us and they are important, but anyone in a relationship should not lose themselves to the other person. Cyclops was allowed to be a complete character without Jean. Jean should be permitted to evolve in the same way. In fact we have seen Jean without Scott a few times before. I want to see them both as separate characters but I do think their connection should always remain. They should always love each other despite if they are together or not. I want to see them as friends and allies first before they get back together.

I've been reading Hickman's Black Monday Murders and some of his Fantastic Four run in preparation for House of X/Powers of X. I remain optimistic for the X-men. I really like the use of the "data pages" in Black Monday Murders. I look forward to the interesting things we will learn about the X-men and mutants in general.

I eagerly anticipate the voice that Hickman will give Jean and the others.
    I'm all for Jean getting to be herself. I was initially hoping for Jean to come back and Scott relegating her as the leader of the X-Men as he becomes her support like she was his for all those years. But, it looks everything is changing for the X-line from Hickman's work. The question is, how much page time is Jean going to get? She's in all the covers so far, clearly an important part of HoX and PoX, but Hickman clearly favors the crap out of Emma, lol. Although, I trust he's a writer who know how and when and how to play favorite and when not to.

I will say though, lots of people see relationships in such a negative light. I don't think there's anything wrong with having their relationship being such a defining part of each other. Mary Jane is still one of the best and most iconic woman in the Marvel Universe, and she has no powers other than being Spider-Man's foil and rock, and I think she's a really well-rounded character. People treating relationships like such baggage to one or the other party is really why I think Marvel has been afraid to commit to marriages for so long outside of Reed and Sue. Hence, OMD.

I’m excited for dark phoenix- decided to lose my imax virginity with it and got tickets for opening night and the following night. Have avoided spoilers so far but that’s taken conscious effort to filter what I read on the forums including a lot of posts in this thread (I generally skip any response that begins to talk about the movie in anything more than vague terms).

I don’t think it’ll be amazing but I do think it’s gonna be entertaining, and certainly better than the first trailer that came out, as the later ones have looked a lot better.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I'm all for Jean getting to be herself. I was initially hoping for Jean to come back and Scott relegating her as the leader of the X-Men as he becomes her support like she was his for all those years. But, it looks everything is changing for the X-line from Hickman's work. The question is, how much page time is Jean going to get? She's in all the covers so far, clearly an important part of HoX and PoX, but Hickman clearly favors the crap out of Emma, lol. Although, I trust he's a writer who know how and when and how to play favorite and when not to.

I will say though, lots of people see relationships in such a negative light. I don't think there's anything wrong with having their relationship being such a defining part of each other. Mary Jane is still one of the best and most iconic woman in the Marvel Universe, and she has no powers other than being Spider-Man's foil and rock, and I think she's a really well-rounded character. People treating relationships like such baggage to one or the other party is really why I think Marvel has been afraid to commit to marriages for so long outside of Reed and Sue. Hence, OMD.
    I get what you are saying. I think it is hard to write good relationships, and I also think there is a perception that relationships in fiction tends to make characters less interesting. I think good relationships are doable but it takes a lot of effort on the writer. As for MJ I think there is a reason Mary Jane isn't in the new Spiderman series. She may be a well rounded character, but to many she is the wife/gf character.

I know there is an audience for romance, and romantic pairings in fiction though I do not always understand it. I try not to judge, and I do like some romance but only a little bit. I like it in very small doses. I do love both Scott and Jean Grey. I love them when they are together but I also love them separately.

Looking at some back issues .. they have had rough times before (example Maddie, the Psylocke flirtation, the Wolverine flirtation). I often see folks decry Morrison's run and how he handled their relationship. But the relationship was never perfect. There has always been drama in soap operas. It keeps it interesting, and like many of us know relationships in real life come with a lot of drama (or potential drama). Relationships aren't perfect and they aren't always what we wish them to be.

I also wonder what role Jean will have in Hickman's series. So far we know she has interaction with the students. On the covers she is often with Cyke and Wolverine. I think she will have an important role to play.

I'm both afraid and hyped of having all these characters on the same team. I think it could be cool if nobody is the leader or if the leader ends up being Xavier. That way people isn't going to fight over who is giving orders.
    But at the same time i don't want anybody sidelined, having all these big characters on the same book can be problematic.
    Hopeful Hickman writes all the characters with respect and gives Jean something cool to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I’m excited for dark phoenix- decided to lose my imax virginity with it and got tickets for opening night and the following night. Have avoided spoilers so far but that’s taken conscious effort to filter what I read on the forums including a lot of posts in this thread (I generally skip any response that begins to talk about the movie in anything more than vague terms).

I don’t think it’ll be amazing but I do think it’s gonna be entertaining, and certainly better than the first trailer that came out, as the later ones have looked a lot better.
    I'm in it for one last bang with this cast. If anything, I think the visual effects are really well used in the movie. I mean, everything in that film looks sleek!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I get what you are saying. I think it is hard to write good relationships, and I also think there is a perception that relationships in fiction tends to make characters less interesting. I think good relationships are doable but it takes a lot of effort on the writer. As for MJ I think there is a reason Mary Jane isn't in the new Spiderman series. She may be a well rounded character, but to many she is the wife/gf character.

I know there is an audience for romance, and romantic pairings in fiction though I do not always understand it. I try not to judge, and I do like some romance but only a little bit. I like it in very small doses. I do love both Scott and Jean Grey. I love them when they are together but I also love them separately.

Looking at some back issues .. they have had rough times before (example Maddie, the Psylocke flirtation, the Wolverine flirtation). I often see folks decry Morrison's run and how he handled their relationship. But the relationship was never perfect. There has always been drama in soap operas. It keeps it interesting, and like many of us know relationships in real life come with a lot of drama (or potential drama). Relationships aren't perfect and they aren't always what we wish them to be.

I also wonder what role Jean will have in Hickman's series. So far we know she has interaction with the students. On the covers she is often with Cyke and Wolverine. I think she will have an important role to play.
    There's a lot of things I can say I didn't like in New X-Men, but a lot of things I did like, so I consider it a good run. I do like Jott, I like them individually, and the same goes for Scemma, so I liked how he introduced Emma into their lives in such a crappy way. I still think that seen where Jean whoops her ass and leaves her in the room on the floor crying, with only Logan there to comfort her is sweet. Pretty fitting Wolverine stays with her 'cause he's the only one who understands what it's like to love someone who can't love you back—coincidentally the people they love are in love with each other.

That's the thing though, that run and lots of others had a lot of soap, and I get people are tired of it, so everything in moderation I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm both afraid and hyped of having all these characters on the same team. I think it could be cool if nobody is the leader or if the leader ends up being Xavier. That way people isn't going to fight over who is giving orders.
    But at the same time i don't want anybody sidelined, having all these big characters on the same book can be problematic.
    Hopeful Hickman writes all the characters with respect and gives Jean something cool to do.
    I think he'll be fair to Jean, I think he'll be fair to everyone. Really, I think it's impossible for him to under-utilize such an important character for the X-Men.

So with her new costume in FF, her Phoenix skills are replaced by TK Skills (which means my Fire Damage equipment is useless ), with the exception of her Ultimate, which has been shown.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So with her new costume in FF, her Phoenix skills are replaced by TK Skills (which means my Fire Damage equipment is useless ), with the exception of her Ultimate, which has been shown.
    I know, I was forced to change her equiment to a better one that I recently got that improves all the attacks. Even though I don't understand why they gave her Red's costume, I mean Red is good and everything, but Dark Phoenix is ​​next and I thought that they would give her exactly that, her Dark Phoenix costume.