Page 517 of 566 FirstFirst ... 17417467507513514515516517518519520521527 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,755 of 8480
  1. #7741
    Astonishing Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    All psychics should be able to make psychic weaponry, Jean included. Period.
    Interesting. Got a weapon in mind?

  2. #7742
    Fantastic Member Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    346

    Default

    I'd rather they gave each character their own twist to duplicate powers. Ok sure, give Jean TK and TP, but she should be an atom bomb so that she has to be careful when using her powers so as not to scatter everyone's atoms. Make Betsy low-level TK in terms of not being able to throw heavy stuff and zip through the air, but let her "focus the totality" of her power into weapons. Have Quire need to focus to use his powers in ways besides his guns.

    Keeps things interesting and keeps everyone iconic. We don't need Jean making butterfly siggys or katana or whatever. It'd be like giving Jubilee the ability to charge up things like Gambit.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-17-2019 at 09:41 PM.

  3. #7743
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Interesting. Got a weapon in mind?
    I don't think that Jean should inherently have a specialization in this particular skill - just that she should be able to do it if she so chooses especially when her teen self was taught how to. If they don't want to use the pink form but want to recognize that era happened for Jean, they could use this.

    But also? I can see Jean using a rapier or a whip.

    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

  4. #7744
    Astonishing Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,198

    Default

    So you’re talking astral plane weaponry rather than Betsy’s pink lantern TK?

    For me it’s easier the less brand-central each is.
    Kwannon = katana
    Betsy = claymore
    Emma = rapier
    Shan = naginata
    Danielle = longbow
    Jono = barbed-wire-wrapped-baseball-bat
    Nathan = big weird rifle
    Rachel = fiery brass knuckles
    Quentin Quire = ?
    Jean =
    Xavier =

  5. #7745
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,182

    Default

    No - I'm definitely referring to psychic construct weaponry ala Betsy's sword/shield, Kwannon's katana, and Quentin's gun.

    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

  6. #7746
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    No - I'm definitely referring to psychic construct weaponry ala Betsy's sword/shield, Kwannon's katana, and Quentin's gun.
    I want Jean to use a flamethrower and go batshit crazy with it
    It's funny because when I saw her behind on the glass at the end of the show, I thought, "That's where she needs to be. In captivity. Behind a glass in a lab somewhere that she can be studied like the psychotic specimen she is."

  7. #7747
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    607

    Default

    With Sabretooth being “imprisoned” in Krakoa’s bowels, do you think any other xmen are there? Maybe original Jean and others, hence all the current xmen being pseudo clones with edited memories? So maybe the originals are not dead just imprisoned.......

  8. #7748
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    With Sabretooth being “imprisoned” in Krakoa’s bowels, do you think any other xmen are there? Maybe original Jean and others, hence all the current xmen being pseudo clones with edited memories? So maybe the originals are not dead just imprisoned.......
    it would really be a lame cop out
    It's funny because when I saw her behind on the glass at the end of the show, I thought, "That's where she needs to be. In captivity. Behind a glass in a lab somewhere that she can be studied like the psychotic specimen she is."

  9. #7749
    Mighty Member JeisonWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    With Sabretooth being “imprisoned” in Krakoa’s bowels, do you think any other xmen are there? Maybe original Jean and others, hence all the current xmen being pseudo clones with edited memories? So maybe the originals are not dead just imprisoned.......
    It really is a good theory, in the end the originals and the clones face Xavier or whoever is the bad guy of this history.

  10. #7750
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    It really is a good theory, in the end the originals and the clones face Xavier or whoever is the bad guy of this history.
    Do they also sing a song and start dancing ?
    It's funny because when I saw her behind on the glass at the end of the show, I thought, "That's where she needs to be. In captivity. Behind a glass in a lab somewhere that she can be studied like the psychotic specimen she is."

  11. #7751
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I'd rather they gave each character their own twist to duplicate powers. Ok sure, give Jean TK and TP, but she should be an atom bomb so that she has to be careful when using her powers so as not to scatter everyone's atoms. Make Betsy low-level TK in terms of not being able to throw heavy stuff and zip through the air, but let her "focus the totality" of her power into weapons. Have Quire need to focus to use his powers in ways besides his guns.

    Keeps things interesting and keeps everyone iconic. We don't need Jean making butterfly siggys or katana or whatever. It'd be like giving Jubilee the ability to charge up things like Gambit.
    I agree with this idea, keeping everyone slightly different, with Jean being an atom bomb!

  12. #7752
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I want Jean to use a flamethrower and go batshit crazy with it
    Yes, I would love that, but she shouldn't need to make a weapon for that. She should be able to summon psychic fire on her own.

  13. #7753
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yes, I would love that, but she shouldn't need to make a weapon for that. She should be able to summon psychic fire on her own.
    Even better
    It's funny because when I saw her behind on the glass at the end of the show, I thought, "That's where she needs to be. In captivity. Behind a glass in a lab somewhere that she can be studied like the psychotic specimen she is."

  14. #7754
    Spectacular Member johnnysv75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I'd rather they gave each character their own twist to duplicate powers. Ok sure, give Jean TK and TP, but she should be an atom bomb so that she has to be careful when using her powers so as not to scatter everyone's atoms. Make Betsy low-level TK in terms of not being able to throw heavy stuff and zip through the air, but let her "focus the totality" of her power into weapons. Have Quire need to focus to use his powers in ways besides his guns.

    Keeps things interesting and keeps everyone iconic. We don't need Jean making butterfly siggys or katana or whatever. It'd be like giving Jubilee the ability to charge up things like Gambit.
    Atom bomb Jean is my favorite Jean.

  15. #7755
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,345

    Default

    Never forget




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •