Page 70 of 626 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170570 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    That should be painful. I take the AU/time travel method.
    No stretch marks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PETk8eBbfN0

Skip to 0:55

"you'd be cranky too if you laid an egg that size."

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Jean likes to read Monsters Unlimited.

Jean really likes to shop. We see this later during the Phoenix years too.

Jean likes to ice skate.

Before the X-Men developed a habit for playing baseball, they liked to toss a football!

Just read Age of X-man Alpha. Overall, I thought it was a great issue. And I think the Jean/Bishop plot was handled well. It still lacks depth, but I was pleased to see that it wasn't forced or overblown. It's not presented as some epic romance or anything of the sort. It's also not presented as some sort of contrived drama. Jean doesn't feel that out of character and neither does Bishop. And given the nature of AUs and alternate timelines, I think that's the best we could've hoped for.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

when does Marvelous X-men starts?

Next week, I believe.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

next week, along with uncanny.

I actually didn’t like it so much. The alternate reality thing is so tired (see Age of Apocalypse, Ages of Apocalypse, Heroes Reborn, House of M, Age of X etc). The seemingly perfect reality that really isn’t perfect shtick was recently done in Phoenix Resurrection.

I don’t like how the women are portrayed (especially Storm and Jean so far) versus how the men are portrayed. Storm is all about knitting. Jean is just there to sense emotions and make love. Nate is important as the leader. Warren is important as the school headmaster. Kurt is a famous movie star. Bishop gets to reflect on his life in this world and rebel against it. The men are centered in the story and the women feel secondary.

I like the idea of Bean and don’t have any problem with them sleeping together. It’s an interesting turn that the guy feels guilty about the sex and the woman doesn’t, but Bishop gets more characterization than Jean does.

Jean is described as an empath when Nate says her empathy never fails. She can sense emotions and locate people better than he can.

I told y’all there would be a shift in focus to Jean’s empathic abilities. One could see the writing on the wall with how she was written in Red and Uncanny. Jean has long had an empathic quality to her psychic powers (since X-Factor at least) but now it’s part of her pacifism too.

I’m beginning to think some of these straight male creators just cant help themselves in diminishing female characters while elevating male characters.

In PR Jean is a lowly waitress who may still live with her parents and who has little to no personality until the last issue where she renounces her special power and destiny.

In Red, Jean is powerful but way too pacifistic and mostly lacks her characteristic fiery passion or temperament.

In Age of X-Man she is a sweet empathic secret-girlfriend and little more than that (so far).

It’s so frustrating.

In a recent interview Zac Thompson described Nate Grey as the most powerful mutant and as having a special destiny. Jean was stripped of these qualities. I guess it’s easier for these guys to see male characters as god-like and savior-like than females ones. Yeah, I’m bitter right now. lol.
    Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 01-30-2019 at 09:02 AM.

I can't decide if I'm going to read Alpha or not. What do people here think? Yay or nay?

Spectacular Member

I have a question?
    spoilers:
    Do you think AoX is mental or physical? it's curious to me that Peter lost his arm in this alternate reality, and also, who do you think gave Jean and Bishop their love's memories? if it was Nate, he should know about the romance, instead, he looks surprised
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I can't decide if I'm going to read Alpha or not. What do people here think? Yay or nay?
    It was great! Better than expected

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    I have a question?
    spoilers:
    Do you think AoX is mental or physical? it's curious to me that Peter lost his arm in this alternate reality, and also, who do you think gave Jean and Bishop their love's memories? if it was Nate, he should know about the romance, instead, he looks surprised
    end of spoilers
    Its both. I dont think X-man is aware of everything thats happening. There's also Legion to remember as he may be in play

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

We won't know until it ends. It could be all an illusion at the moment
    I don't think Colossus arms is permantly lost.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    It's honestly great. One of the few recent cases where art and script went so well together that it's actually sad that it wasn't longer.

Spectacular Member

We won't know until it ends. It could be all an illusion at the moment
    I don't think Colossus arms is permantly lost.
    Yes it looks like an illusion

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    I actually didn’t like it so much. The alternate reality thing is so tired (see Age of Apocalypse, Ages of Apocalypse, Heroes Reborn, House of M, Age of X etc). The seemingly perfect reality that really isn’t perfect shtick was recently done in Phoenix Resurrection.

I don’t like how the women are portrayed (especially Storm and Jean so far) versus how the men are portrayed. Storm is all about knitting. Jean is just there to sense emotions and make love. Nate is important as the leader. Warren is important as the school headmaster. Kurt is a famous movie star. Bishop gets to reflect on his life in this world and rebel against it. The men are centered in the story and the women feel secondary.

I like the idea of Bean and don’t have any problem with them sleeping together. It’s an interesting turn that the guy feels guilty about the sex and the woman doesn’t, but Bishop gets more characterization than Jean does.

Jean is described as an empath when Nate says her empathy never fails. She can sense emotions and locate people better than he can.

I told y’all there would be a shift in focus to Jean’s empathic abilities. One could see the writing on the wall with how she was written in Red and Uncanny. Jean has long had an empathic quality to her psychic powers (since X-Factor at least) but now it’s part of her pacifism too.

I’m beginning to think some of these straight male creators just cant help themselves in diminishing female characters while elevating male characters.

In PR Jean is a lowly waitress who may still live with her parents and who has little to no personality until the last issue where she renounces her special power and destiny.

In Red, Jean is powerful but way too pacifistic and mostly lacks her characteristic fiery passion or temperament.

In Age of X-Man she is a sweet empathic secret-girlfriend and little more than that (so far).

It’s so frustrating.

In a recent interview Zac Thompson described Nate Grey as the most powerful mutant and as having a special destiny. Jean was stripped of these qualities. I guess it’s easier for these guys to see male characters as god-like and savior-like than females ones. Yeah, I’m bitter right now. lol.
    I'm with you. This Alpha did nothing for me. I know it sets the tone to what the 'Utopia' is like. This is the kind of run, where I do not mind just hearing it from other people and not buying the comics.
    Jean feels she's gone downhill since she came back. Out of all the members in there, she acts like an 'assistant' to Nate. This will be a very long 6 months for Jean fans, i have yet to be excited about all this.
    Feels like I won't see Jean kicking butts anytime soon.