Page 233 of 626 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I like Tom Taylor and he doesn't worship Jean. So you can stop right here
    Lol okay. We are in Bizzaro land yes?

10char

Yes Wanda and Jean fought in the original run. Floating hands studio video of the fight is pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I like Tom Taylor and he doesn't worship Jean. So you can stop right here
    Everything on Red was Jean worship. The other characters were but props. It was her book so it is tolerable but things should be called for what they are and Taylor worshipped Jean to the point were it became annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Lol okay. We are in Bizzaro land yes?
    I'm not lying, Jean wasn't on his favorite characters list before him getting to write Red

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Everything on Red was Jean worship. The other characters were but props. It was her book so it is tolerable but things should be called for what they are and Taylor worshipped Jean to the point were it became annoying.
    She was the protagonist but she wasn't the only one doing things. Even the avengers helped.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 06-11-2019 at 05:39 PM.

I honestly don't think Jean and Wanda in the original run is a good example of a fight or says anything about the powers and abilities of each character.

About Taylor, to be fair I don't think he was necessarily a Jean fanboy. I guess he became one making the book. But I think he just had this idea of her as a symbol of empathy and etc and decided to really go with it. RED was also editorially mandated as a Jean-focused book to begin with.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

If Wanda and Jean fought today who do you think will win?

I love Jean but I think Wanda has the edge.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 will have an expansion pack in the fall. The FF4 and Jean have a really good chance of making it.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

Wanda is borderline broken at full power. Reality warping is never a fair fight. It says something when Phoenix Jean versus Wanda is a fair fight. It says worse things that Wanda is actually at advantage in that fight. Wanda, Franklin, Nate Grey are their own class of "too powerful to use in stories, unless they are of apocalyptic scale".

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 will have an expansion pack in the fall. The FF4 and Jean have a really good chance of making it.
    That would be cool but if i'm not mistaken they showed Xavier and Cyclops but as not playable yet. I really want Jean to be there but i suppose the DLC characters will be Scott and Xavier.
    Buti'm still crossing fingers, Jean's design is so iconic and her power so versatile, she works great for video games.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

Today? Wanda.

Fifteen years ago? Could go either way.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

A fight between Jean and Wanda wouldn't be terribly interesting, since it would probably just boil down to them tossing energy blasts at each other, as comics aren't usually great at depicting action scenes with non-physical combatants. Besides, they shouldn't be fighting anyway, but should instead be friends:

Remember when Wanda and Jean looked liked twins?

Just read Marvelous X-Men #5. It had some great Jean moments. I won't spoil it, but I highly recommend it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    A fight between Jean and Wanda wouldn't be terribly interesting, since it would probably just boil down to them tossing energy blasts at each other, as comics aren't usually great at depicting action scenes with non-physical combatants. Besides, they shouldn't be fighting anyway, but should instead be friends:

How much things have changed, simpler times.
    I loved first class so much.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I love the trio of Jean, Storm, and Nightcrawler. Excited to see more of them together.