Page 361 of 626 FirstFirst ... 261311351357358359360361362363364365371411461 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 9381

First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It was Morrison idea and he never spoke against it.
    So why she died? all her dead was to show how Scott was better off without Jean and proof that she only dies on him

Agree that Scott really needed to be called out by Beast. But the moment was unfortunate.

just never go against Cyclops if you are a x-men, if you are a avengers never go against Cap america (easier)
    Morrison never spoke about it because it was done via the Joe Quesada Editorial Mandate, and Morrison didn't want to burn bridges with Marvel by directly blaming one of the higher-ups for a highly controversial moment in the series.

Her death wasn't connected to Scott in any way. She did via absurd plot contrivance that still makes no sense. It wasn't done to help Scott or hurt Scott, it was done to appease a mandate to get rid of her and that's it. Blaming Scott for it in any way is absurd.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Agree that Scott really needed to be called out by Beast. But the moment was unfortunate.

just never go against Cyclops if you are a x-men, if you are a avengers never go against Cap america (easier)
    The story reason was literally that Scott was feeling guilty and was going to quit the X-men, which in turn would eventually screw the future. Jean erased that guilt in order to prevent that future and to give Scott another chance to be happy when she died. That is the story reason for that kiss.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Her death wasn't connected to Scott in any way. She did via absurd plot contrivance that still makes no sense. It wasn't done to help Scott or hurt Scott, it was done to appease a mandate to get rid of her and that's it. Blaming Scott for it in any way is absurd.
    That's right. I mean, people even forget that it was Xorn that killed her, it wasn't Scott or even less Jean's relationship with him. If it were their relationship it wouldn't have been butchered just before.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-17-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Morrison never spoke about it because it was done via the Joe Quesada Editorial Mandate, and Morrison didn't want to burn bridges with Marvel by directly blaming one of the higher-ups for a highly controversial moment in the series.

He was on a exclusive contract with DC working on Batman and Superman, he just doesn't has courage. He worked with a editor that sexually harassed people and even had a homage to him on the book. He is a bit of tarantino.
    The only work Morrison did for Marvel was some pages of miracleman since his x-men run

The contrivance that doesn't make sense, but it was to clear the way of Scott. Morrison on the end of his run completely lost direction. Editorial let Morrison do his thing, when they started to question he bailed out to DC

On a interview he said that Emma and Scott would run the school, and he was only worried about Scott having a personality.
    It is basically Whedon basic premise
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    The story reason was literally that Scott was feeling guilty and was going to quit the X-men, which in turn would eventually screw the future. Jean erased that guilt in order to prevent that future and to give Scott another chance to be happy when she died. That is the story reason for that kiss.
    it was a bad story premise. Scott isn't the only good leader that x-men can have, it was really ridiculous to start.
    And Jean only said for him to live

JDW can say all he want that Jean made Scott kiss, what I want is confirmation on page that it was what happened
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-17-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Jean was compassionate in New X-Men. I know this is the era of fake news and alternate facts but come on. Jean had compassion to Beast several times in New X-Men. She displayed it to Beak, Xavier, Fantomex, Dust, Cyclops, Emma, Wolverine, and even Xorn/Magneto. I think you may want to re-read this run and you will see you are not being factual. It is ok to have varying opinions but opinions should be based on evidence. If you go back and look you will see that I am correct.

I can only assume those saying Jean was cold and distant in Morrison's run really mean she was cold to Scott but if you read the book it was Scott that was cold, distant, and withholding sex from Jean. I think folks who see Jean as a wife/girlfriend character would be disappointed with GM's run because he had Jean be something more and something greater than being a wife. He also did a lot with Scott that did not include Jean. Basically he made both more interesting and made them stand out without being a crutch on each other.

Also Morrison's run was a great take on the Phoenix. It is up there with Claremont. Bad takes on the Phoenix can be found in Excalibur, Jason Aaron's books, Phoenix Resurrection, and Phoenix Endsong. Morrison's take was the closest to Claremont's version and built on his version.
    Nah Morrison contracdicts Claremont.

I read it recently and Jean compassion didn't stand out for me

Scott was being cold too, but Jean help for him could be better.

it was a bad story premise. Scott isn't the only good leader that x-men can have, it was really ridiculous to start.
    And Jean only said for him to live

JDW can say all he want that Jean made Scott kiss, what I want is confirmation on page that it was what happened
    I don't think it was about Scott being the only good leader but about him being a piece that would be missed. Just like if Jean was missing the story of the X-men would change drastically.

regarding the second point some people think it was left vague on purpose and others think it was clear (but then some believe it was clear on scemma and other believe it was about jott). The issue is there and everybody just believes what they want.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-17-2019 at 08:35 PM.

BANNED

I know, I agree with you because that was what happened on the book and what JDW answers when someone asks him. that Jean made Scott do it but that is not how some people see it. People are always trying to paint everything in the worst way posible for some reason.
    Prior to the grave sex Scott and Emma were already getting it on in one form or fashion so he had already crossed the "I'm married Emma!" line so...
    Last edited by Shreene; 08-17-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Though, his current stand seems to be that he is sorry about it. that is one of the reasons i hate this drama because it made people forget that Scott is actually someone who cares deeply about Jean and has loved it for almost all of their decades of existence.

27655011_905296502976705_9189001110435974103_n.jpg
    sdfvg.jpg
    iygk.jpg

I don't think it was about Scott being the only good leader but about him being a piece that would be missed. Just like if Jean was missing the story of the X-men would change drastically.

regarding the second point some people think it was left vague on purpose and others think it was clear (but then some believe it was clear on scemma and other believe it was about jott). The issue is there and everybody just believes what they want.
    Scott was the most important piece. You won't see story about apocalypt futures because Bobby or Warren gave up.

what clean things are putting it clearly on page. Morrison left it vague, doesn't mean it has to be that way

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Prior to the grave sex Scott and Emma were already getting it on in one form or fashion so he had already crossed the "I'm married Emma" line so...
    there was no grave sex.

they had telepathic "sex" once with Emma dressed as Jean after Scott was possesed. I'm not excusing everything but let's be clear with the facts. Scott and Emma didn't have sex or were in a relationship until after Jean died.

NXM139.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-17-2019 at 08:53 PM.

there was no grave sex.

they had telepathic "sex" once with Emma dressed as Jean after Scott was possesed. I'm not excusing everything but let's be clear with the facts. Scott and Emma didn't have sex or were in a relationship until after Jean died.

NXM139.jpg
    telepathic sex is just sex. Mind is very powerful, sometimes a dream can be very real, imagine a telepath doing it.

Also he didn't even waited the body get cold before having sex with EMma

Well it was more than enough to Scott think h ehad to choose between Emma and Jean.

For all the talk about Jean and Wolverine, Jean never thought about choosing one or another.

Though, his current stand seems to be that he is sorry about it. that is one of the reasons i hate this drama because it made people forget that Scott is actually someone who cares deeply about Jean and has loved it for almost all of their decades of existence.

27655011_905296502976705_9189001110435974103_n.jpg
    sdfvg.jpg
    iygk.jpg
    Jean, he will never value you if you keep accepting him so easily
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-17-2019 at 09:07 PM.

telepathic sex is just sex. Mind is very powerful, sometimes a dream can be very real, imagine a telepath doing it.

Well it was more than enough to Scott think h ehad to choose between Emma and Jean.

For all the talk about Jean and Wolverine, Jean never thought about choosing one or another
    Maybe and it was bad but they still didn't have "real" sex. We don't know what would have happened had Jean lived, so speculation about what would have happened or who would have ended up with who doesn't count. After they both died and the time displaced O5 journey with the teens what we have now with both adults alive is the current portrayal that seems to be this
    _______Pr5.jpg
    rt3r.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-17-2019 at 09:11 PM.

Jean, he will never value you if you keep accepting him so easily
    Scott screwed things but make no mistake he has cared deeply for Jean through all the history of the X-men. His love for her is a párt of his character, it is part of all media and a huge part of his motivations from the first issues of the X-men to this day.

uncanny-x-men-129-dark-phoenix-cyclops-embrace.jpg
    38022163_271009787031377_8940087745041137664_n.jpg
    _anime101_16.jpg

Scott screwed things but make no mistake he has cared deeply for Jean through all the history of the X-men. His love for her is a párt of his character, it is part of all media and a huge part of his motivations from the first issues of the X-men to this day.

uncanny-x-men-129-dark-phoenix-cyclops-embrace.jpg
    38022163_271009787031377_8940087745041137664_n.jpg
    _anime101_16.jpg
    He cared until he stop caring right?

I'm really tired of all women being availiable to Scott when he doesn't even deserve it. What he made to Jean forgive him? absolutely nothing