Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
That really sucks a lot.

Jean really is a afterthought. As a meta is even worse, as she has to be tied to Scott always
OMG, she isn't an afterthought, she has a staring role in X-Force and she'll be rotating in X-Men.

I get that you wish Chris Claremont was writing Spirit, but I think Hickman is going to do just fine writing Jean and I think he has a plan for her. They are already talking that Jean's uniform is going to change in a few months, it maybe means she is going to be the Phoenix again, or it may mean she regains all of her memories, or it means something happens and she decides to do a new costume. They obviously have plans for Jean for a while since they already have plans for her that go into next year.

Plus to be perfectly honest, Jean's variant covers are some of the top sellers, they know she is a popular character. There is no editor who's ex-wife was a redhead who wants to write MJ and Jean out of the comics this time around. I am pretty sure Jean is going to have a featured role in everything going forward.

Heck, she's a member of the Quiet Council, she is going to be showing up in other books. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jean in Marauders having meetings with Emma, Storm, and Kitty!