Page 96 of 626 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196596 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    You said it, there are so many times that Jean has manifested the Phoenix raptor over the years when she was not hosting the force. Her connection to it is something really special.

I've developed a head canon about it that has to do with Different bits and pieces of X-men lore together.

>First point, Jean grey has a special connection to the Phoenix, similar to Hope Summers. So the periods of Jean manifesting the raptor without hosting the force, could be similar to Hope manifesting the raptor without the force. Same with Rachel when she had the Phoenix eye tattoo.

>Next point, Hope was manifesting the raptor as a sign of the Phoenix getting close to earth to possess her. Jeans connection is sort of different, the Phoenix is like a secondary mutation to her, so she manifests the raptor as she achieves more of her omega potential.

>reasons for this; Death told Jean that her soul was carved from the Phoenix flames,
    Phoenix has claimed that Jean is a missing piece of it,
    HCT Beast said that Phoenix power was in Jean greys blood and used it to give him self Phoenix abilities,
    Apocalypse in his files during X-Factor stated that the potential/Power of the Phoenix was still in side Jean grey, dormant and he wondered if he should activate it,
    Onslaught also approached Jean grey that he could help her achieve the power of the Phoenix that was dormant in her.
    And Sinister saw the potential in Jean grey, which is why he wanted a version of her to fight Apocalypse with
    Even as a 12 year old, Jean manifested the Phoenix raptor on the astral plane

So her Phoenix connection is something innate and I believe that connection gets stronger as she uses more powet

>More proof is Jean telling Xavier that the Phoenix talks to her and that if she let's it too close it would replace her in New Xmen, and how Jean Exploring her powers of high level telekinesis, was said to be a phenomenon called manifestation of the Phoenix, found in The Shiar telekines

This is backed up by Xmen: Black Sun where she was using her power at high levels to take out an army of Demons, while at the same time draining her teammates of fatigue and amping their powers, she starts to hear the Phoenix song in her mind and she denies it

Then there's Uncanny X-Men 355/356 where she told Scott she was no longer holding back her powers because others were scared, and started manifesting the a fiery Raptor

And in X-Factor, when a mutant with power amping abilities increased her power, and her shields took Form of a raptor

All this is further proven by Xmen Red annual with Jean saying that before she couldn't use her full power without fear of the Phoenix taking over, and saying that she always had to hold back while using cerebro or it would have taken over. Which proves that Jean grey accessing higher levels of her power leads to ascension as the Phoenix.

> This limited Connection explain why Jean can manifest a Firebird, but won't be able to breathe in space, survive in the sun or lift an asteroid and do other things that she can comfortably do while hosting the Phoenix force.
    Also explains how she could remove the Phoenix from Emma frost or take over its mind (the white hot room)
    Or why she manifested it when she was 12 years old
    We even know that the Phoenix came to Jean during her miniskirt marvel girl days, but didn't possess her because she wasn't ready (Hidden Years)

>I don't think the Phoenix is really gone from Jean right now. I think it's dormant and hiding it's connection, waiting to resurface later in the year when the Dark Phoenix movie comes out.
    Much as I love and agree with both posters of your reasonings, so much of it is using the “evidencel to fit the “factsl or fit how we wish it to be, and with Editorial and writers we just mnow that is not what they wanted at that time. Butt in the end it does prove to me that Jean and Phoenix are so closely boynd togethrt. A few posts ago there was a poster saying that some company are producing Jean as Dark Phoenix figurines 40 years after that story was done. We are all sp passionate abiut Jean as Phoenix, but so many equally obsessed Jean fans want her away from the Force. But there is a reason that the iconography works so well, and why ANY Phoenix story without Jean in it, whether is is the Phoenix Force or just another (yeah I’m gonna say it) shitty excuse for a host is just meaningless drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Much as I love and agree with both posters of your reasonings, so much of it is using the “evidencel to fit the “factsl or fit how we wish it to be, and with Editorial and writers we just mnow that is not what they wanted at that time. Butt in the end it does prove to me that Jean and Phoenix are so closely boynd togethrt. A few posts ago there was a poster saying that some company are producing Jean as Dark Phoenix figurines 40 years after that story was done. We are all sp passionate abiut Jean as Phoenix, but so many equally obsessed Jean fans want her away from the Force. But there is a reason that the iconography works so well, and why ANY Phoenix story without Jean in it, whether is is the Phoenix Force or just another (yeah I’m gonna say it) shitty excuse for a host is just meaningless drivel.
    Yeah, I said it's Head canon,
    I know marvel has no real plan to create a sensible Phoenix mythos that doesn't contradict itself. This is just me coping with a bad situation.

I have no problem with the Phoenix. I like Jean with it and I love the costume.
    I am just think with the way it's been mishandled recently that Jean should be kept away from it (writers only want to use it as a villain).

I would love to see Jean having the Phoenix like an I'maginary friend she talks to and jokes with. Always at the back of her mind, advising (like firestorm in DC).
    She could have a restriction, so she can't use the power on earth and can only access it when she's in space (after dying to activate it) to perform Phoenix work.
    And when she comes back to Earth it goes back to being dormant (so they can develop Jeans powers on her own).

The Phoenix is Jeans most iconic story and Best look. It can never be separated from her.

And yeah, all the "Wolverine Phoenix", "Phoenix thor", "Quentin Phoenix" and "Odin having sex with Cave woman Phoenix" story's That marvel Is so intent on telling make me cry too.
    How can they miss the point so hard

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Since most of the O5 and Xavier have been on teams outside the X-Men I wonder if they're plans for Jean to do the same.
    Too bad War of the Realms takes place during Age of Nate.
    I would love it if the Ultimates reformed. Jean and Northstar on that team would be a joy to see.

I would love it if the Ultimates reformed. Jean and Northstar on that team would be a joy to see.
    I definitely would love to see Jean work with another team outside the X-Men and do more than show up for a few panels as as psychic consultant. Seeing her in charge in Red at the end with the X-Men and Avengers really stoked that fire for me and now I want to see more.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I would love it if the Ultimates reformed.
    Yes!
    that would be perfect!
    there she could be phoenix without any trouble

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I definitely would love to see Jean work with another team outside the X-Men and do more than show up for a few panels as as psychic consultant. Seeing her in charge in Red at the end with the X-Men and Avengers really stoked that fire for me and now I want to see more.
    Look at Logan and Cyclops's return. It's already looking like the X-Men and the Avengers won't be friends, to say the least. I can see Disney doing AvX in the films and at the same time Marvel doing AvX2. All X-Men that were in the Avengers have returned to the X-Men.

I can see Jean becoming Phoenix again launching AvX2 in the comics.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

AvX2: Logan Fucks Up Again.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I wouldn't mind a reboot of the Ultimate universe. I really enjoyed Ultimate X-men when Mark Millar was the writer. After he left the series went downhill really fast. What I remember the most about the Ultimate X-men was the use of curse words/profanity. If I recall correctly it wasn't over the top but they did use some.

I thought Ultimate Cyke was really cool and I felt the same with Jean. However Jean became a little toned down from her original characterization and I did feel that Scott and Jean became a little boring once they became an official couple (I know Jott fans are groaning at me but I'm just keepin' it real).

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I wouldn't mind a reboot of the Ultimate universe. I really enjoyed Ultimate X-men when Mark Millar was the writer. After he left the series went downhill really fast. What I remember the most about the Ultimate X-men was the use of curse words/profanity. If I recall correctly it wasn't over the top but they did use some.

I thought Ultimate Cyke was really cool and I felt the same with Jean. However Jean became a little toned down from her original characterization and I did feel that Scott and Jean became a little boring once they became an official couple (I know Jott fans are groaning at me but I'm just keepin' it real).
    They were referring to the 616 space team called Ultimates, not the Ultimate Universe imprint

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They were referring to the 616 space team called Ultimates, not the Ultimate Universe imprint
    Honestly I didn't read their comments. I was referring to this:

https://www.newsarama.com/43851-donn...-universe.html

Due to the twitter activity with folks discussing the Ultimate universe it had me thinking about the Ultimate X-men.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 02-19-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Look at Logan and Cyclops's return. It's already looking like the X-Men and the Avengers won't be friends, to say the least. I can see Disney doing AvX in the films and at the same time Marvel doing AvX2. All X-Men that were in the Avengers have returned to the X-Men.

Doesn't have to be the Avengers just looking to see her outside the X-Verse more being more than just the go to psychic

Karen Grant was a fashion icon.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

Meh despite the tension with Nat and Bucky, Logan's still having a reunion with his New Avengers teammates in WotR and I wouldn't be surprised if Scott ends up playing a role in the event at some point outside just his Champions reunion. The X-Men/Avengers issues in Uncanny #11 were mostly just Rosenberg trying to show how alone the mutants are. He did make the Avengers look like incompetent dicks but that was more for the story so I don't think it's any major status quo. There's really no reason Jean couldn't be an Avenger when she gets back. We saw she already got along with them

I do think AvX2 might happen someday in film but imo it won't be for a while so it's not something we have to think about anytime soon
    Last edited by The Kid; 02-19-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Did anybody here read Wolverine infinity watch #1?
    if so, what happened?

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Did anybody here read Wolverine infinity watch #1?
    if so, what happened?
    spoilers:
    Wolverine was able to sense she was just an illusion and stabs "her" which dispels the illusion and reveals he was actually facing Loki at the ruins of the Xavier Institute.
    end of spoilers