Page 526 of 626 FirstFirst ... 26426476516522523524525526527528529530536576 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    New-ish cover for X-Men #2. Apparently a re-color.

Think this may be Dean White colors.
    Never saw this before.

Must be a whiplash having so many alternative covers with Jean,, while she inside the comics was bland

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Never saw this before.

Must be a whiplash having so many alternative covers with Jean,, while she inside the comics was bland
    Yhea .....imagine getting the comics all excited and then .....she is just wallpaper
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think it is because Jean is such a visually powerful character. She can look cute, powerful, calm, badass, etc.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think it is because Jean is such a visually powerful character. She can look cute, powerful, calm, badass, etc.
    Marvel also just came off of a years long sting where Jean was the center piece of the top-selling X-Books.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

No costume will ever come close to her Phoenix costume. It will always be her most beautiful look. Simple. Sleek. Fierce. Timeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    No costume will ever come close to her Phoenix costume. It will always be her most beautiful look. Simple. Sleek. Fierce. Timeless.
    yes, that is the most beautiful costume

Exactly, very well said
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Right, nothing touches the original Phoenix costume. I think she'll rock the Phoenix look again in more progressive times. Just gotta hold on for a bit.

BANNED

I like the White Phoenix costume best, I think.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I like the White Phoenix costume best, I think.
    To me it's

1. The White Phoenix costume
    2. OG Phoenix costume
    3. The black and red version from PR that got very little mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I really wish they had gone with her Marvelous design if we had to have a take on the MG look

No mask
    small hand gloves
    covered chest

These 3 changes make it work much better
    Yup if they really love the mini skirt look, they should have just updated it. They could just use this one.
    First X-Lady

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It is just perfect. Marvel should just let her use something similar always.
    ________D0WnZtFV4AABvrA.jpg large.jpg
    tumblr_p2x7jtpqHp1uemr9po1_1280.png.jpg
    Phoenix_Resurrection_The_Return_of_Jean_Grey_Vol_1_1_Unknown_Comic_Books_Exclusive_Variant_C.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah, even if she ends up only having a portion of the Phoenix force, Jean just looks too amazing in that costume.

I still go back to what I was thinking before, since the Phoenix has 3 parts to it (Life (Green), Death (Red), Rebirth (White). Maybe the only way for the Phoenix to be truly balanced is for there to be three hosts. Hope (Green/Life), Rachel (Red/Death), Jean (White/Rebirth). It would be interesting if they did something like that with the Phoenix and also bring in Rachel and Hope as part of connection to the Phoenix Force.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Im not sure Id throw Hope in there as Im not sure I like her as a Phoenix host. I think her connection to it was very situational and once her purpose was fufilled, she seemd very divorced from it. Marvel really didnt do anything with it outside of throw her in the JG solo with the other hosts but Im dont think it needs to go back to her. Im all for her exploring her Phoenix roots via interacting with Jean and/or Rachel but I dont know what they can do for her there bc again, I dont want her to be a host to it. Possibly they can explore that theory that her birth was orchestrated by the Phoenix and she's a literal child of it whom shares Jean's DNA, thus making her an actual Grey relative

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

That reminds me of a concept that I had for a Phoenix team with Jean at the center where five characters who CAN host the Phoenix ended up taking pieces of the Phoenix, alongside Jean as the one true Phoenix host.

Hope was the Green Phoenix, representing life.
    Rachel was the Red Phoenix, representing fire.
    Madelyne Pryor was the Black Phoenix, representing death.
    Quentin Quire was the Pink/Purple Phoenix, representing rebirth.
    Emma Frost was the Gold Phoenix, representing... I dunno yet actually.

Jean was the White Phoenix, the one that encompassed all of them and was able to entirely control the Phoenix Force and basically shared it with the other five apart from Madelyne whose shard of the Phoenix Force was the one that was Dark Phoenix.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey