Page 73 of 626 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173573 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    ComicBookDotCom coming through with opinions that are correct: https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/01...X-hY_oWgUDUdmc
    I miss x-men red it. It was such an awesome take on Jean that everything after it feels like a downgrade.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It will be interesting to see if this romance with bishop will ever be brought up or again or if we kept talking about this for the past few months for nothing.
    It happened very fast and is being erased even within the AU itself...I doubt that is going to carry over...marvel hasn't been consistent with continuity the past few years...even between issues of the same series.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It happened very fast and is being erased even within the AU itself...I doubt that is going to carry over...marvel hasn't been consistent with continuity the past few years...even between issues of the same series.
    Writers said it will matter, so Bean will have some impact on 616

We will see once this event is over. I do wonder why they are introducing Jean’s new realtionship so close to Cyclop’s return. I kinda wanted them to deal with all their unresolved issues before moving forward.

Also didn’t Cyclops and Frenzy have a thing in Age of X?
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    We will see once this event is over. I do wonder why they are introducing Jean’s new realtionship so close to Cyclop’s return. I kinda wanted them to deal with all their unresolved issues before moving forward.
    I too wanted Jean and Scott to have a talk, but i really don't know how marvel is going to treat these characters and their interactions. they keep saying they are totally in love but at the same time keep throwing drama

Yes and it ended inmediatly after that story ended
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-31-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Yes they did. I kinda think that there will be something like that afterwards between Jean and Lucas. Either both have closer attachment to each other because of how they were forced to feel. It will have some level of ramifications but I doubt it will fundamentally change either of them.

And yes, I also don't understand the frenzied extraness of the posters around this AU relationship or Jean. Especially the double-standard around her libido.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Yes they did. I kinda think that there will be something like that afterwards between Jean and Lucas. Either both have closer attachment to each other because of how they were forced to feel. It will have some level of ramifications but I doubt it will fundamentally change either of them.

And yes, I also don't understand the frenzied extraness of the posters around this AU relationship or Jean. Especially the double-standard around her libido.
    Makes me wonder if people called Scott names because of Frenzy.

I wonder why is so puzzling for some that a woman had sex

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Nope, if memory serves me correctly people were all about them being a couple. And then people were disappointed he chose to get his memories of their time together erased.

As for the sex thing: human society and culture. It's always been beneficial for a species if males spread their seed around as much as possible, and as our societies and cultures grew into monotheisim that notion was usually reflected. Religion deepened the notion by destroying the idea of the sacred female or goddess, and women become devalued. So on so forth. Some people cannot see beyond what various tools of propaganda have told them: men should be allowed and it's ok, women are to be admonished and punished for doing the same. Garbage.

1-Scott doesn't exactly have the best reputation and everybody calls him for that.
    2-I read people complaining about the pairing (every ship will always have detractors) but not much about the sex scene, but that was just my own experience.

Sadly marvel does that for every relationship. They did it with maddie, jean, emma, logan and even scott. Is the best way to prop up other characters and relationships. it sucks but is the truth.
    specially on a soap opera as long as the x-men eventually every relationship/character will be trashed.

BANNED

Writers said it will matter, so Bean will have some impact on 616
    You mean just as long as how Nightcrawler/Rachel lasted? Or Kitty and Colossus? or maybe Iceman and Pyro? those kinds of impacts?

Considering how repressed the society is supposed to be it's interesting that Jean would be at THAT level when everyone else quietly retreated to their rooms. Bishop was the one that got taken away, but she was simply wiped clean even though she was the more aggressive one. Honestly would've been more interesting if SHE were Prisoner X.

Fantastic Member

"[QUOTE=404ArgeTal;4171229]Because a forced romance of one issue means they have to get married and last forever and have tons of babies. Lol
    I hope it doesn't last but it will. Jean will have to carry this guy in the most sexist way, with her vagina because nobody gives a **** about Bishop. What a progresive way to push a character.
    The relationship was so rushed (one issue) it doesn't even have a basis.
    How did they fall in love? Why did they even fall in love? why are they even in love?
    because it seems like basic stuff like this didn't matter when making this ship."

aplausos-020.jpg

You mean just as long as how Nightcrawler/Rachel lasted? Or Kitty and Colossus? or maybe Iceman and Pyro? those kinds of impacts?

Considering how repressed the society is supposed to be it's interesting that Jean would be at THAT level when everyone else quietly retreated to their rooms. Bishop was the one that got taken away, but she was simply wiped clean even though she was the more aggressive one. Honestly would've been more interesting if SHE were Prisoner X.
    She can't be a prisoner just because she is the mother of the supreme leader, if not Jean just as Bishop would be in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    She can't be a prisoner just because she is the mother of the supreme leader, if not Jean just as Bishop would be in prison.
    It's her first transgression, while Bishop is on his third

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Nope, if memory serves me correctly people were all about them being a couple. And then people were disappointed he chose to get his memories of their time together erased.
    Again doube stardarts.I wasn't around for that, but I don't bad repercussion for that. I don't even hold it against Scott, because it was a AU.
    As for the sex thing: human society and culture. It's always been beneficial for a species if males spread their seed around as much as possible, and as our societies and cultures grew into monotheisim that notion was usually reflected. Religion deepened the notion by destroying the idea of the sacred female or goddess, and women become devalued. So on so forth. Some people cannot see beyond what various tools of propaganda have told them: men should be allowed and it's ok, women are to be admonished and punished for doing the same. Garbage.
    the awful thing is that people doesn't even notice it. It is so natural, I admit that I was one that practiced it.

who knows. It is very open to anything. Anything can happen.
    the 3 couples made by guggenheim...not good

he was on the third transgression, tha tis why he was taken away. Even if Jean isn't prisoner X, is very different she is the one going against the law. There is potential here
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-31-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Yeah, it seems like they tried to mess with Bishop's mind, or both of them, many times, yet it hasn't worked, so Nate decided he was done with it and just put him in prison. The other prisoners were probably in similar situations.