Page 570 of 626 FirstFirst ... 70470520560566567568569570571572573574580620 ... LastLast
Results 8,536 to 8,550 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure, even with the prominence the X-men are currently receiving, it's fair to say at this point Marvel thinks of the Phoenix as a separate character from Jean. But more specifically, they don't have a singular problem attaching the PF to any character the favor at the moment. I hope so, because unlike so many prominent characters with iconic visuals, writers and editors don't really value Jean's contributions to the mythos. Besides I wouldn't be surprised that Hickman's long-term plan involves Quire becoming the Phoenix, it's definitely the direction some writers have been moving in this last decade.
    Quentin being Phoenix will be an other attempt to give it to anyone... but Jean. And then there is 2 ways :
    - Quentin will go Dark (déjà-vu)
    - Quentin will be in full control of it (yes, because writers think neither Jean or Scott could keep sane with it...)

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure, even with the prominence the X-men are currently receiving, it's fair to say at this point Marvel thinks of the Phoenix as a separate character from Jean. But more specifically, they don't have a singular problem attaching the PF to any character the favor at the moment. I hope so, because unlike so many prominent characters with iconic visuals, writers and editors don't really value Jean's contributions to the mythos. Besides I wouldn't be surprised that Hickman's long-term plan involves Quire becoming the Phoenix, it's definitely the direction some writers have been moving in this last decade.
    The last we heard of that, Quire told the bird to **** off and leave him alone even harder than Jean did.

If they don't want Jean to be Phoenix, but have the bird involved, just have it be Rachel. She's the only one who never went dark, and the only one who still thinks of her time as Phoenix as a positive time.

They cant bring the Phoenix into the story at least not unless they are ready to resolve the issue of all the depowered mutants that are gonna be resurrected which HoX has revealed is a dangling plot point. Considering Quentin was able to restore Jubilee's powers with a Phoenix shard, there is no reason why Jean or any other host could restore the X-gene in every depowered mutant that is brought back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They cant bring the Phoenix into the story at least not unless they are ready to resolve the issue of all the depowered mutants that are gonna be resurrected which HoX has revealed is a dangling plot point. Considering Quentin was able to restore Jubilee's powers with a Phoenix shard, there is no reason why Jean or any other host could restore the X-gene in every depowered mutant that is brought back.
    You can bet that once the Phalanx start showing up again the Phoenix and Galactus won't be far behind. Considering how fast the plot is moving in DoX I could see some hints of the PF's return sometime this spring/summer.

I always saw it more like Jubilee was "dead" and Quentin used to Phoenix to "resurrect her", therefore bringing back her mutant powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I always saw it more like Jubilee was "dead" and Quentin used to Phoenix to "resurrect her", therefore bringing back her mutant powers.
    LOL...technically all the depowered mutants that need to be resurrected are dead. Phoenix fixes this problem in either scenario

It is hard to say how Hickman views the Phoenix. He did use it once with Cyclops. Scott as Phoenix in Secret War did sound Jean like or at least seemed to have a feminine voice (or so I thought when I read it). He also used the phoenix egg , which originally came from Here Comes Tomorrow (with Jean) and also used in Phoenix Resurrection (with Jean). This points to him reading the Morrison run.

Hickman did name drop the Phoenix in a data page in Powers of X so I figure the phoenix and Galactus will figure somewhere (or at least the Phoenix and Franklin).

The first data page we got in House of X was the omega mutants, right? I think eventually the omega mutants will play a big role but I don't think it will be soon. I think it will be years from now. I think Hickman was setting a lot of things up and they are playing the long game and planning stories and potential stories for years to come.

At least Jean is still an omega and should have some role to play in hopefully something big in the future.

does anyone have any feat of jean reacting to lightning or something ftl ? i mean Jean without Phoenix and 616 only

Is anyone else going to SDCC!

I lucked up and got tickets to all 4 nights I’ll be going alone.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    SNIP
    Hickman's biggest inspiration is Morrison's run, which he has repeatedly said that he's a fan of - which probably means that he's a fan of Jean with the Phoenix and as Phoenix. It's also why it's shocking that his voice for Jean feels so timid sometimes.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Hickman's biggest inspiration is Morrison's run, which he has repeatedly said that he's a fan of - which probably means that he's a fan of Jean with the Phoenix and as Phoenix. It's also why it's shocking that his voice for Jean feels so timid sometimes.
    Morrison did alot in his run; that doesnt mean that Hickman is a fan of all of it. I think particularly, he loves how Emma was handled and her rise to prominence. So far, I see nothing that inspires his Jean

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Morrison did alot in his run; that doesnt mean that Hickman is a fan of all of it. I think particularly, he loves how Emma was handled and her rise to prominence. So far, I see nothing that inspires his Jean
    I agree, which honestly is kind of shocking when you consider the fact that if any single character was the lead of Morrison's X-Men - no matter how certain posters feel about it - it was Jean Grey. And that it honestly felt like a natural extension of who Jean should be, and for many writers has been the motivation for their takes on her.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

I always felt the focus in NXM was fairly well-split between Scott, Jean and to a lesser extent Emma and Logan.

Maybe he really is writing Morrison's Jean. Maybe...