Page 102 of 626 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'd be down for a bean romance, but we have no evidence of it even being mentioned again just in this crossover. The only tiny piece of info we have is the writers saying one of the romances will carry over after this crossover ends, but there already other romances in age of x.
    the romance will be a big point on Bishop on the prison and Jean will remember it too on Marvelous. Would be pointless waste pages on it, just to not get back at it later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    I wonder if they put Bishop and Jean together, so that Jean could sense somethin was “wrong” in their curret reality, kore as a plot issue (like that elisode in ST:TN where Troi has hat AU / vision of her and Worf tigether, another pairing people had never though anout). I know that didnt go anywhere, but still.....

And there is nonresdon fir the Jean / Lucas issue to help Jean sense something wrong bin AU, but it still give her an idea of a relationship in the “real’ Marvel Universe, and seeing how that develops.

I have no isdue with Jean having a “fun” relationship with Lucas, it doesnt have to last forever. And with Jeans passion i have no issues with her having one night stands, but Marvel diesnt often show this (apart from SheHulk) of their female characterd. Although i font think Jean would do it regularly.
    The relationship didn't made Jean sense something was wrong, but the mindwipe of the relationship made it.
    She said to Lucas that sex and love are natural, even with all the doctrination from Nate she didn't really believed in extreme individualism and ban love. Pretty interesting
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-23-2019 at 08:07 AM.

I’m not seeing the psychic ratings on that Netflix list as someone mentioned. Anyone else see it?
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    new pic Sophie behind scene Jean
    Does Sophie have a severe receding hairline or is it just me?

Her hairline has always been quite high (not saying that insultingly, just a trait of hers.) but her hair there looks like clumps Are just legitimately Missing.

Maybe it’s the lighting.

Edit:
    Now that I think about it, they may just be hidden. She has white eyes and motion sensors on her hair. Perhaps in this scene she is “flaming”
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I’m not seeing the psychic ratings on that Netflix list as someone mentioned. Anyone else see it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Cool thanks

I rewatched X-Men 1 and 2 recently and though the Fox X-Men movies have problems I still couldn't help but enjoy them. I remembered how I felt the first time I saw X-men 1 and saw Cyclops and Jean Grey on screen.

I do hope Dark Phoenix will be good. I do hope Jean's Phoenix look is inspired by Here Comes Tomorrow. I do wish she would have some type of proper Phoenix costume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I rewatched X-Men 1 and 2 recently and though the Fox X-Men movies have problems I still couldn't help but enjoy them. I remembered how I felt the first time I saw X-men 1 and saw Cyclops and Jean Grey on screen.

I do hope Dark Phoenix will be good. I do hope Jean's Phoenix look is inspired by Here Comes Tomorrow. I do wish she would have some type of proper Phoenix costume.
    Sadly I think the Disney deal and the demands for reshoots (probably so they can introduce the Shiar in Guardians 3 or something) will mean Dark Phoenix will not be as good as it could have been. At this point it's just a farewell to the XCU before they're integrated into the MCU.

I agree though X1-2 are great. People give them crap but you have to put them into historical context.*

Its 2000, its 3 years after Batman and Robin went the colourful and goofy angle and died horribly and not too long after the Phantom and Steel did the same. Except Batman and Robin was with characters people actually knew about and had a major fanbase for.

Its also 2 years after Blade seemingly revitalized the comic book film genre by being an edgy, 90s gritty and relatively realistic black leather affair.

Unlike Superman or Batman who're more traditional superheros who just go out and fight crime and save the world because that is what people expect of superheroes, your superhero movie is literally about a very thinly veiled allegory for racism and homophobia (with the AIDs crisis still in very recent memory).

Even the cartoon for children that had been going on for most of the last 10 years didn't screw around and made it clear no you couldn't go fun and goofy with this topic and expect it to be taken seriously. Even though the show was fun and goofy by kids show standards no it really wasn't they straight up murdered a character in episode 2 and had a stand in for a white supremacist literally tell someone they shouldn't be born.

Its also not too long after a horrifying school shooting so you know people are maybe not in the mood for something that tries to be about a really heavy topic whilst also cladding everyone in blue and banana yellow.

Under those conditions...are you the filmmaker honestly NOT going to make something very grounded, kind of gritty and swaps out the bright costumes for more realistic black leather which makes sense for people who're trying to stay as low key as possible?

No.

And when that works out (especially at the box office) and you've merchandised everything and started to build your brand are you going to go 180 on that in the sequel? When it works out AGAIN are you really going to go 180 on that for your 3rd movie when consistency is most important? And when that's admittedly not worked out but now your brand is internationally recognized a certain way are you going to wholesale dump the way you've been doing everything before?

No.

I honestly think the hate people give the X-Films nowdays is mostly due to them having the audacity to have ever been distinctly different to the MCU and continue to not be part of the MCU now even though X-Men: Apocalypse and Age of Ultron weren't all that different

*Also the entire notion of shitting on media because its dated by modern standards is inherently stupid. By this logic 90% of Claremont's work in the 1980s is garbage. By this logic Liefeldian proportions were great in the 1990s because they were the modern standard.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Lol. Why are you all so against her being with Bishop? It's too late. She had sex with him. Jean Grey does NOT DO one stand stands like Black Widow or even Domino.
    By this logic though Quicksilver, whilst married to Crystal, had a thing with Storm. Rogue and Magneto got married. Logan and Jean were an item and BlinkxAnnihilus 4eva because all that stuff happened in AoA.

I honestly do not understand why Bishop or Jean would find each other attractive in 616. Bishop and Rachel, maybe (though I think Rachel is gay myself) but...what is there really between the two of them that would make them attracted to one another beyond the physical.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think Netflix will be in any way related to the X-men. they don't even want daredevil, punisher, defenders.
    That's mostly due to Disney launching their own competing streaming service. that was why Disney purchased FOX. it wasn't so they could get tthe X-Men and F4 and Blade it was purely because they wanted all of FOX's IP and stake in Hulu so they'd have content and potentially a platform to add variety to their own catalogue and compete with the other streaming services.

Netflix knew this and so chose to terminate their Netflix MCU productions because why advertise or give any money to the enemy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    I reject the notion that Jean can't do a one-night stand, as I reject most unimaginative absolutism. As for Bishop, one he's brown, two, some people that "like Jean Grey" don't think she should be a character away from Punch Dimension's presence, so Bishop gets like...triple aggro lol.

That said, Bishop isn't her boyfriend.
    I dunno if Jean wouldn't, but I do think for some people that's not something that would be in character for them.

Punch Dimension?

What has Bishop's skin colour got to do with it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    I dunno if Jean wouldn't, but I do think for some people that's not something that would be in character for them.

Punch Dimension?

What has Bishop's skin colour got to do with it?
    The punch dimension refers to some comment an editor made once about how Cyclops' eye beams are not lasers but "beams of pure force" or whatever, so that they are more like long range punches originating from the punch dimension. And given that a sizable chunk of said character's fans probably come from the same set that thinks shy nerdy white boys are the most oppressed group on the planet and rants about how political correctness has ruined comics along with the rest of Western civilization, I would imagine that they wouldn't look too kindly upon the practical living embodiment of white feminine purity and virtue shacking up with one of "those people." Of course, they won't say that out loud here, because this site has a pretty diverse demographic and thus a generally open minded attitude compared to the rest of the comics sphere, but I wouldn't be shocked if they were openly raging about it in other places.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The punch dimension refers to some comment an editor made once about how Cyclops' eye beams are not lasers but "beams of pure force" or whatever, so that they are more like long range punches originating from the punch dimension. And given that a sizable chunk of said character's fans probably come from the same set that thinks shy nerdy white boys are the most oppressed group on the planet and rants about how political correctness has ruined comics along with the rest of Western civilization, I would imagine that they wouldn't look too kindly upon the practical living embodiment of white feminine purity and virtue shacking up with one of "those people." Of course, they won't say that out loud here, because this site has a pretty diverse demographic and thus a generally open minded attitude compared to the rest of the comics sphere, but I wouldn't be shocked if they were openly raging about it in other places.
    That's the dumbest **** I've ever read and I cant say I'm surprised it came from here.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This is so dumb. Shipping in general is a very controversial topic but i don't think it has anything to do with race so please don't derail it that way. Some people just don't like certain characters, relationships or prefer other relationships.
    some people don't like Bishop or the possibility of him with Jean, just like some people don't like Logan or Scott or them with Jean, some people don't even want jean in a relationship, that's it. Everybody has different tastes.

edit:
    like seriously some people here love to complain about scott or logan but when it happens with someone else is bad?
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-23-2019 at 05:56 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    I also don't think Jean would do one night stands, that would be out of character. But some people can not differentiate between the canon and headcanon. between who jean is and who they want her to be.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I also don't think Jean would do one night stands, that would be out of character. But some people can not differentiate between the canon and headcanon. between who jean is and who they want her to be.
    In the Robin fandom, we have that problem a lot.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona